cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Ormond31
Journeyman III

7900xtx Blackscreen no signal since latest driver.

I have been getting random signal loss to both my monitors, one being on DP, other HDMI. it happens at random times and freezes my entire PC for 5/6 seconds. Its happening while im typing this out. I opened task manager just to see GPU usage during one these things, and this is what I have seen.

cd4f5823d6c8d74fa822d7405eba22ec.png
I have a 1050W PSU, and like I stated - only happened after 23.3.1 update. Do we think this is a driver issue, or hardware? It has happened 12 times just writing this short thing.. getting vert tired of it fast.

0 Likes
9 Replies
Qoojo
Miniboss

First thing I suggest for multiple monitor blackscreen issues is disable MPO

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Dwm]
"OverlayTestMode"=dword:00000005

I have just done this, thank you for the suggestion! I will post if my issue continues or this has fixed it so others can follow!

0 Likes

Oh i misread your issue. I did not pick up on the freezing every 5 - 6 seconds. While disabling MPO can help with multi-monitor blackscreen issues, you have something else going on. Looking at graphs, I can see one instance where cpu, disk, and gpu all spiked.

You could revert to see if issue is fixed. If it doesn't then I suggest using task manager or resource monitor to identify the process that is causing the periodic spikes.

0 Likes
Ormond31
Journeyman III

The above did NOT fix the issue.

0 Likes
Ormond31
Journeyman III

I had disconnected my second monitor, and the issue has seemed to stop.

0 Likes

Why not just roll back the driver. I do that all the time when something gets wonky

0 Likes

I acutally just did that, just making the issue known!

0 Likes

Ya, i like AMD, but you are right....its like 50/50 with each update. I stopped updating as i have one that is good now and don't want to deal with potential issues.

0 Likes
Ormond31
Journeyman III

Last update; reverted back to 23.1.1, and the issue has stopped!

0 Likes