cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Meowskyy
Adept I

7900XTX and ROG Ally drivers timeout on Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5+2.5 ReMIX

Description of Original Problem: Display driver timeout occurs extremely frequently while playing the game, notably pausing can cause the display driver to crash even quicker. Confirmed to happen on atleast 7900XTX and the ROG Ally, exact same timeout. Seemingly no changes to the game fix this problem which makes it sound like a driver problem. Also happens on every driver version.

10 Replies
Kysko
Adept I

Has anything resolved it? I am facing the same issues.

0 Likes
Visionary93
Journeyman III

Same here

0 Likes
Mirk44
Adept I

Same here, i would love to know if AMD is actually working to fix the issue.

0 Likes
legion495
Adept I

So went through weeks of troubleshooting with Square and they now told me a hardware issue cannot be excluded because of this. They do nothing about it. So the game will certainly not see any patch.

Also seeing a driver timeout. Specifically when loading new areas in KH2 especially.
I also sent a report through the AMD popup. I doubt it will be fixed soon...

Sapphire Pulse 7900XT

It's sad honestly but aye what can you do

Troubleshooted someones else's PC mind you.

I mean I use AMD on Linux because it just works (OpenSource Drivers lol) but stuff likes this makes me want to recommend anything else for people on Windows... Stuff like this gets them hurt so much. Death by a thousand cuts type of deal.

It is sad honestly. Like really.

0 Likes

Would you recommend moving over to Linux for this or does the same issue occur on there?

0 Likes
lfu8cy0w
Adept I

Same here on AMD flagship.

0 Likes
Draxirch
Challenger

Playing on Windowed Mode 720p (Don't go higher or you'll time out more.) (Use Borderless Gaming to go fullscreen.), 60 fps lock and no refresh rares, skip Roxas cutscenes and you can progress in KINGDOM HEARTS II, I'm at Beasts Castle annnnnnnnd it crashes every single time when you beat Beast.

In KH1 I'm at Deep Jungle on the same settings, you can crash from pausing randomly on Destiny Islands so avoid pausing there as much as you can.

Skipping cutscenes is needed to avoid time outs as much as possible, especially in the Twilight Town Roxas segments and Destiny Islands.

Our only hope for complete stability is a driver update.

In that case i just seem more inclined to wait, if there ever will be a patch than work with these workarounds. Of course this is purely personal, well it sucks.

0 Likes