Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Lazytitan
Adept I

7900XT driver/Rebar

Hi guys.

This is the first AMD gpu ever, so i might not be familiar with everything concerning drivers, but i have done some research of issues that might occur because of windows updates etc.

My issue is that, when i install gpu driver or full install including adrenalin(same reslut), i get the error of "Radeon software and driver versions do not match" and "The version of AMD Radeon Software you have launched in not compatible" and on top of that GPU is not recognized by windows - "Windows cannot verify the digital signature for the drivers required for this device. A recent hardware or software change might have installed a file that is signed incorrectly or damaged, or that might be malicious software from an unknown source. (Code 52)"

what i have observed is that, gpu is recognized by windows, before i restart the system as promted by driver installer.

Every time im reinstalling driver - DDU in safe mode, driver installation with ethernet disabled. same result every time.

BIOS is up to date, chipset driver is up to date.

windows driver updates are disabled.

tbh, after ~3 hours im running out of ideas what to do.

1 Solution
Lazytitan
Adept I

Ok, guys. I have found the issue by the looks of it.

I finally got the driver to work with ReBar enabled.

Only way to do so - disable driver signature enforecement, if you do it through windows startup settings, it will return to same thing after system restart. i disabled it permanently in command promt for now - edit: spoke too soon, still doesnt work as permanent solution, only way to use rebar for me is to disable driver signature enforcement via win startup settings, thats unfortunate. 

EDIT 2: TL;DR if you have such issues, the only thing that truly resolved this was a fresh install on a different drive.

REBAR WORKING.png

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
Lazytitan
Adept I

Ok, i have an update, disabling ReBar in bios fixed those errors. now the main question is, if SAM will work after re-enabling it. 

EDIT: nope, its impossible to enable SAM, getting memory related bluescreens etc. and GPU driver doesnt work with SAM enabled. 

b550 mobo

5800x3d

saphire reference design 7900xt

Lazytitan
Adept I

Ok, i will add a screenshot, how the things look like with Rebar enabled.

still dont understand, why driver of gpu doesnt work with it enabled.

rebar enabled.png

0 Likes

One thing i forgot to mention, even with 4g decoding and rebar disabled, gpuz still reports that 4g decoding is enabled. mobo is MSI b550 gaming plus with latest bios version. tbh i hate msi bios, asus strix died on me couple of months ago and this was the only one i could get within 24hours..

0 Likes
Lazytitan
Adept I

Ok, guys. I have found the issue by the looks of it.

I finally got the driver to work with ReBar enabled.

Only way to do so - disable driver signature enforecement, if you do it through windows startup settings, it will return to same thing after system restart. i disabled it permanently in command promt for now - edit: spoke too soon, still doesnt work as permanent solution, only way to use rebar for me is to disable driver signature enforcement via win startup settings, thats unfortunate. 

EDIT 2: TL;DR if you have such issues, the only thing that truly resolved this was a fresh install on a different drive.

REBAR WORKING.png

0 Likes