cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

CharallVT
Adept I

7900 XTX repeated driver crashing in FFXIV and other DX11 games.

So I have a massive issue with the 7900 XTX, I mainly play FFXIV and I have found the card to repeatedly crash even when at default or undervolted. I cannot find the reason why, I don't know where to look up the system logs for the crashes, and I've been searching for a solution for a while now.

I've checked the temps and fortunately my card is not overheating, heres my system specs below.

Asus TUF B650M Plus Wifi - Latest Bios
AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
32GB G.skill Trident Z5 DDR5 6000mhz CL30 Ram
4tb Sabrent Rocket 4 Plus PCIE 4.0 SSD
Corsair RM1000 1000 watt PSU

I've had two versions of the 7900 XTX card in my system, both with the same result.
#1 Powercolor Hellhound RX 7900 XTX
#2 Sapphire RX 7900 XTX Reference Card

The first card I assumed was damaged as it had extreme coil whine and constant crashing in FFXIV.
Please.. someone help me with this, it's an expensive as heck card and I love it. But I am getting very frustrated with AMD atm.
9 Replies
akanehikaru
Adept I

my vga card rx6750xt have a similar problem like u too. I have use newest drivers, no overclocking at all on my system yet the crash is still happening, even i had to press reset button cause the crash freeze my system completely. 

i've asked several fortum and they suggested me to turn off freesync, i tried it but alas it still happen, so i thought it is because of radeon drivers, cause when i use my old vga card from competitor this things didnt happen

Yeah.. I've posted this on reddit but I'll post this here as well:

Troubleshooting I've done so far:

#1 Undervolted to 1125mv
#2 Set a custom fan curve
#3 Set the GPU core clock to 2500 max
#4 Tried like 5 different core clock variations
#5 Undervolted the CPU in the bios
#6 Uninstalled and reinstalled windows
#7 Ran DDU and reinstalled the drivers
#8 Tried two different versions of the 7900 XTX mentioned in the post
#9 Enabled windows insider preview to try out the may update driver
#10 Disabled freesync since FFXIV does not like freesync from what I gathered
#11 Disabled the overlay for the Adrenaline software.

What PSU are you using? Some Radeon cards are picky about what PSU people have. 

Ryzen 7 7700X, MSI MAG X670E Tomahawk Wifi, Corsair DOMINATOR® TITANIUM RGB 2x16GB DDR5 DRAM 6000MT/s CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT, Corsair HX Series™ HX1000, Corsair MP600 PRO NH 4TB
0 Likes
CharallVT
Adept I

Just a followup, nothing has yet to be fixed. the GPU is still running fine in games such as Destiny 2 and PSO2 but when it comes to FFXIV it's not even playable without crashing.

I think the only thing you can do is send a bug report through the bug report tool or through this link: https://www.amd.com/en/support/contact-email-form to let them know that it's not just a few people having black screen issues or other issues after recent driver updates.

BTW, I crash on all games with my PowerColor Radeon RX 7900 XTX Red Devil.

So.. bit of a sad update, I ended up returning my 7900 XTX cards and going with a 4090. The problem is solved, but tis a sad day.

0 Likes

Sorry to hear you had issues with the RX 7900 XTX. I hope the swap resolves your problem. 

Ryzen 7 7700X, MSI MAG X670E Tomahawk Wifi, Corsair DOMINATOR® TITANIUM RGB 2x16GB DDR5 DRAM 6000MT/s CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT, Corsair HX Series™ HX1000, Corsair MP600 PRO NH 4TB
0 Likes
cpurpe91
Volunteer Moderator

What PSU are you using?

0 Likes

Corsair RM1000E now, I was using a RM1000X before. "Upgraded" for the 4090.

0 Likes