PC BUILD

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
CPU COOLER: NZXT K raken Z73 RGB
MOTHERBOARD: Gigabyte B650 Aorus Elite AX ATX AM5
MEMORY: G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 64 GB DDR5-6400 CL32
STORAGE: 2x SK Hynix Platinum P41 2TB NVME SSD, Crucial MX500 4TB SSD
GPU: XFX Speedster MERC 310 Black Edition Radeon RX 7900XTX 24 GB
CASE: NZXT H7 Flow ATX Mid Tower
PSU: Corsair HX1200 Platinum 1200 W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply

To be honest I don't know what is causing it to crash. However I am noticing that it is most frequent when I load a game and switch of to discord and discord becomes the active window. My whole system freezes briefly and I still hear sound then both monitors go to a black screen and then the "amd crash report" shows up and discord has closed and so has the game itself. Nothing else closes once it crashes, just the game and discord. It is odd because sometimes it works perfectly fine and the other times it seems like its never ending and I am not sure where to start. If you need more information or suggest and trouble shooting ideas to solve this issue I would appreciate it. I also must add this has been an issue since I got the around 3 months ago. However it wouldn't crash because Discord was open it would just randomly crash. Im starting think this isn't just a "New GPU Series" problem. And to be honest, I don't think there is enought information here to go with but maybe someone will know what to do.

1 Solution
ImDivine
Adept I

UPDATE:

Have done way to much looking into figuring out this issue. I have two monitors and I unplugged one monitor and so far NO crashes have happened since

View solution in original post

0 Likes
8 Replies
cfmelo
Adept I

you re not alone, same joke since 2 months with 5700xt

0 Likes
brakespear
Adept II

I had the same thing with my RX7600 (although for me the display didn't recover and I had to restart the PC), went through a lot of solutions on here before Sapphire stated to RMA the card to vendor. Did this and has been tested and accepted as faulty, but dreading the nreplacement doing the sameonce installed.

0 Likes

That does happen to me to and the only thing I can do is reinstall adrenaline software. Sometimes the crash is that bad and I only have one monitor to use. Again not sure what causes it but Im realizing if i start discord and a game at the same time it happens. Or if I restart my PC it crashes once and then I start discord and a game it crashes it again. I also learned that "instant replay" will say "saving" at the top of the screen if I use it but then no clip or anything is actually saved. Just recently figured that part out. And it only does that after the GPU crashes. If it doesn't crash it wall saved "saving" and then save. I hope someone is able to figure this out eventually. When  I bought the card I've been having the same issue but I was hoping that it was just because it was a new system and new board (am5) but its been a afew months and some bios updates and still have the same issue. I also learned that when it crashes sometimes my PC doesn't even recognize my GPU and uses my CPUs integrated graphics.

0 Likes

If you have two monitors or multiple have you tried playing with just one monitor to see if that fixes the issue? (obviously this sucks but I would like to know if this is a similar issue)

0 Likes
ImDivine
Adept I

Aslo must add, after it crashed a couple times, the crashing seems to stop happening consistently

0 Likes
ImDivine
Adept I

UPDATE:

Have done way to much looking into figuring out this issue. I have two monitors and I unplugged one monitor and so far NO crashes have happened since

0 Likes

Does not really sound like a solution to me though.

0 Likes
Fr3aKeR
Adept I

I have sapphire 7900xtx nitro+ since March and I have black screen crashes since then. My monitor is Samsung Odyssey G7, mobo ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-E GAMING, ram GSKILL 32GB 6000mhz on EXPO profile, psu SEASONIC 850W 80+TITANIUM using 3 single cables direct to gpu (no daisy chain) and cpu 7700x. I am updating everytime on the latest gpu drivers and still have the issue. An example is fortnite that is causing me black screen crashes at random times while my gpu temps are at 70-73°C. I dont have double monitors tho. Any idea whats going on?

0 Likes