cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

spx01
Journeyman III

7900 XT USB Sound Crackling

I have recently purchased a Sapphire 7900 XT, upgrading from an NVIDIA graphics card. Before installation, I used DDU to remove the NVIDIA drivers completely, then I installed Adrenalin 23.8.2 (on Windows 11). Everything was fine at first, I also stress tested the GPU and nothing was out of the ordinary until I noticed under some conditions my music player in the background would have crackles during playback (it also happens with every audio playing application). Weirdly, this has never happened in a game, it happens mostly when I have a game running that specifically isn't in the foreground. It also happens outside of these conditions, though very rarely. Rebooting my machine temporarily fixes the issue. My audio device is an external USB DAC, so I can rule out any analog interference issues. After doing some research, what I tried was disabling most graphics settings from Adrenalin and setting the PCIe slot to gen 3, none of which helped. I verified that the conditions are the exact same as they were with the other GPU installed, the audio interface is configured exactly the same. I also tried audio playback through ASIO, which also resulted in crackling in the same way. Could the source of this be the AMD drivers? If not, what else should I look into?

0 Likes
0 Replies