My Build:

CPU: AMD 7900x 

GPU:  Saphire Pulse AMD 7900 XT

MoBo: MSI MAG X670E Tomahawk w/ WiFi

Ram: G.Skill 32 GB DDR5 RAM

SSD: Samsung SSD 980 Pro 2TB

PSU: 750W  Seasonic Prime Ultra Platinum

Back Ground:

Built a new PC back in the end of July. Everything was working great until I started playing starfield at the very end of August.

What's Happening:

Games keep crashing to desktop at seemingly random times. Every time it happens my GPU drivers get corrupted, AMD Adrenalin seems to delete itself, and my PC doesn't even recognize my  GPU. I can still get my display to work when this happens by using the HDMI port on my MoBo. To get my GPU working again I have to restart and run Display Driver Uninstaller, and then reinstall everything using Easy Driver or AMD Adrenalin (after I reinstall it). At first the frequency of crashes seemed random: sometime it would crash after playing for an hour, sometimes it would go a couple days without an issue, but now it seems to always crash after just 10 or fifteen minutes of playing any game.

Things I've tried:

-Running Unigine benchmarks (Everything's stable)

-Disabling my CPU's IGPU

-Disabling Smart Access Memory

-Undervoilting my GPU 

-Overclocking my GPU

-Rolling back to older GPU Drivers (tried everything from current to 23.8.1)

Please help

0 Likes
3 Replies
Qoojo
Miniboss

I would recommend checking more basic things first due to corruption. Do a "chkdsk" and repair any disk damage, then use sfc and dism to repair the windows image. If those actually fixed something, I would remove the driver using DDU, then reinstall. If nothing was fixed during that, then no need to reinstall.

I think 23.8.2 had some fix for crashing in starfield.

0 Likes

Didn't work

Ran all 3 in command prompt, SFC did find and fix some issues so I uninstalled/reinstalled my drivers. booted up up a game and it crashed after 10 minutes.

0 Likes

When I  saw corrupt driver, I was more concerned about the state of the drive and perhaps corrupted windows files than the game running.

0 Likes