cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Ateborrachas
Adept I

7800xt random restarts and crashes

I have just built a brand new pc with a rx7800xt and it performs flawlessly except when it CRASHES the whole system and forces reboot when I try to play games. I use two cables to connect a 750w coolermaster psu to the card.

The error code for the event log is 41 Kernel-power.

What I have tried:

• updating bios
  • updating chipset and gpu drivers
  • lowering max clock speed for my gpu
  • monitoring temps (all fine)
  • updating 
  • reinstalling drivers as well
  • ensuring xmp is turned off and all stock 

My build:

Ryzen 7 7800x3D

Sapphire Pure AMD Radeon 7800xt 16GB

Asus TUF gaming b650m-plus 

2x16 gb DDR5 5200mhz Corsair RAM

Kingston 1tb m.2 nvme

cooler master 750w mwe bronze non modular PSU

2x16gb 5200mhz  CORSAIR vengeance ddr5

6 Replies
Ateborrachas
Adept I

please help me guys this pc is brand new this is so frustrating

0 Likes

if this pc is brand new id suggest sending it back because you should have warranty just say it keeps restarting and crashing they should repair it with no cost!

0 Likes

I'd be happy to help if I can. Use this screenshot as a template for your hardware configuration. As they say a picture is worth a thousand  words so this template with your system info will save us typing about six thousand words.

Screenshot utilities.png

0 Likes

sorry for my dumbass but can you please explain this image

0 Likes
Assast
Journeyman III

Hello

I have the same problem and I've tried a lot of things too. I don't know about you but here it's totally random and it can happen on games as well as on a Youtube video. Sometimes not for 3 days and sometimes 3 times a day.

0 Likes

The image is a screenshot of multiple windows utility apps installed and opened to specific tabs on my desktop that show information about your PC's operating parameters which can be very helpful in isolating an issue with your system. The utility names are on the header of each individual image and once installed on your system you can generate a screenshot using the image I posted as the template so we can quickly examine many pertinent bits of information about your system and maybe arrive at a solution with having to type several thousand lines of text.

0 Likes