Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

MyRoo-ZA
Journeyman III

6900xt Driver crashes frequently

Hi folks

Having an issue with a 2 month old 6900XT. While stable under OpenGL in Furmark for hours on end, I get 2-3 crashes per day in DirectX applications. 

Everything from Company of Heroes 2, Call of Duty Warzone, even Generals Zero Hour potentially crash to desktop.

As the card is stock, I do not get a Wattman has Defaulted to Default error message. The card hot spot stays below 90C (I have Adrenaline open on another screen)

I have tried reinstalling drivers using DDU, twice. 

GPU is rock solid in looping Unigine stress testing, and Furmark. 

EDIT - shortly after posting this, while opening an image in Chrome, the primary monitor went black, and locked up the entire PC. The Caps Lock key input was not even registering on my keyboard. This is a first. 

Pc specs follow below.

X670 Auros Elite AX

Super Flower 1000W PSU (It can do 999.6W on a single 12V rail)

Ryzen 9 7900x

64GB DDR 6000Mhz RAM CL32

2TB Samsung 980 Pro SSD

XFX 6900XT 319 Merc

Win 11 Pro (22H2)

AMD Drivers 22.11.2

0 Likes
2 Replies
simplysimon911
Adept III

is the CPU overclocked in ryzen master. You using curve optimizer? Call of duty  coding sucks. My 6900xt crashes some times in this stupid game . COD doesnt like overclocking. Its a gamble, some rigs accept it some dont

you have the laterst chipset drivers etc etc? I run Cinebench 23 for hours , its fine , but play COD it crashes. 

0 Likes

Thanks for the quick reply Simon.

CPU is stock. Agreed re instability in CoD, but I didn't expect it in older titles. 

Something I should add it I did underclock the GPU 2 weeks ago) but not undervolt - I wanted to try make it work less hard. I also set the fan speed to 80% odd but even with an underclock (again, not undervolt) and lower temps, it still was brought down. 

The only thing currently overclocked is the RAM, but thats with the EXPO (XMP) profile. 

Any value in extensively testing the memory? WOuldn't know how to do that actually...

0 Likes