cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

tjgodin
Journeyman III

6800XT Destiny 2 Stutters transitioning between map areas using Adrenalin 22.11.2 Onwards

Not sure why, but it seems like the shader cache is being regenerated every time you transition into a zone across the various planets.  You find your character on a sparrow (speeder) suddenly begins to experience stutters in the fps until the shaders or something completely are cached.  In my case at 4K resolution it drops from 100+ to the 60s.

I've experienced this on the 23 series drivers as well.  Rolling back to 22.11.1 WHQL seems to be the only stable driver.

Is anyone else experiencing this or have you found no issue with the 23.3.X drivers?

0 Likes
2 Replies
vishvajit
Adept III

I understand that you are experiencing stutters in Destiny 2 when transitioning between map areas using Adrenalin 22.11.2 and newer drivers on your 6800XT graphics card. It appears that the shader cache is being regenerated every time you transition into a new zone, causing a drop in FPS until the shaders are fully cached. You have also tried the 23 series drivers but still experienced the same issue.

It is possible that this issue is related to the graphics driver, and rolling back to 22.11.1 WHQL seems to be the only stable driver for you. However, other users may have different experiences with different driver versions.

You may want to report this issue to AMD support or to the Destiny 2 community to see if others are also experiencing the same problem. They may be able to provide more specific guidance or solutions to help resolve this issue.

0 Likes
sirbruce
Adept I

Something like that with a 6700 XT, GPU usage goes to 0% and when it happens during RAIDs makes it a real pain. Any solution to Destiny 2 Radeon Settings or someting?

0 Likes