Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Drivers & Software

elpulga246
Journeyman III

[6700XT] Windows not responding after driver update

Windows not responding after updating Driver to 24.4.1
Before I used 23.8.2 version and it works fine. After updating to 24.4.1, I cannot use my computer anymore. 
The behavior: When Windows start, I notice that AMD Adrenaline is not yet started, it just loading and loading forever until not responding dialog appear.

This is not the first time this happens, when I update it to 24.2.1, I got the same problem. I skip 24.3.1 and update to 24.4.1 and it still got the same problem, so disappointed.

The last time I fixed it by uninstall using DDU and install 23.8.2 again.

Have anyone seen this before?

My spec: 
5600G, MSI 6700XT Mech 2X, MSI B450, 16GB DDR4

elpulga246_0-1714134437696.jpeg

0 Likes
2 Replies
432hz
Challenger

Others in this forum have reported stability issues with the 24.x.x drivers, but I haven't seen this issue in particular. If Windows is freezing, there are probably some other factors at play here.

Personally I had to DDU / AMD Cleanup Utility, disable Resizable BAR in BIOS, then install 23.12.1 for good stability on my RX 6800. Other people here have had success with 24.x.x by doing a "driver-only" install.

For good measure, you should run DISM and SFC to scan for and repair any broken Windows core files. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/using-system-file-checker-in-windows-365e0031-36b1-6031-...

If none of the above work, it may be time for a fresh Windows install.

elpulga246
Journeyman III

I managed to get the windows usable by quickly Sleep after Boot to Windows, then I wake it up and everything fine. But, when I restart, it happens again

0 Likes