Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Tommy053
Adept I

6700xt 5800x3d fortnite stutters *FIXXED* dx11/performance mode

hello forum users.

im playing fortnite with my 5800x3d and 6700xt setup.

32000 ram xmp enabled and have done some windows optimisations.
also undervolted the cpu and its stable i have done many test to rule out any other problems.
using driver 

i feel like the performance is not what it should be.

dx12 low settings far view i get anywhere from 200 to 300 fps,its stable but i expected a way higher number. 
most of the time its dipping below 240 and even going down to the low 100s 
an empty creative map gives me about 400 to 500 fps when looking up

on dx11 the fps is on average higher, pubs game in a busy area anywhere from 240 to 450.
i do get some stutters i assume this is from compiling shaders but even in places i have already been it will still occasionally stutter, or stutter really bad depending on whats happening.
in creative i get about 700 fps with very rare stutters really not a problem when looking up its about 900.

my question was if anyone has found any way to fix the stutters on dx11 or a way to get dx12 to work better (higher average fps)

i have seen people do some registry edits but i dont know if these work or not.

would love to hear any solutions or ideas 

i can provide video of the gameplay if needed at this point im really trying to look for a solution.

i have tested other games like overwatch or csgo and these perform as expected

CHECK COMMENTS FOR FIX

1 Solution
Tommy053
Adept I

i have managed to fix this issue by following this reddit post:https://www.reddit.com/r/AMDHelp/comments/zx95x9/psa_disable_dxnavi/

this only works for 6000 series cards.
performance mode now runs buttery smooth with very little stutters.
dx12 is unaffected

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
Tommy053
Adept I

i have managed to fix this issue by following this reddit post:https://www.reddit.com/r/AMDHelp/comments/zx95x9/psa_disable_dxnavi/

this only works for 6000 series cards.
performance mode now runs buttery smooth with very little stutters.
dx12 is unaffected

0 Likes

hello,

i followed the steps from the reddit but i still have a lot of stutters in Fortnite on performance mode, which is based on dx11. I am trying to fix this for months now. I have the same setup like @Tommy053. Do i have do play more rounds in Fortnite that the stutters go away or what can i do to fix it?

0 Likes

You probably want to play some games to see if the stutters go away.

If been playing with perf mode since i posted this solution, there are still some stutters that i think wont go away but its very playable.

0 Likes

ok thanks.

0 Likes
u7QO8
Adept II

may u turn off frame generation or AFMF and anti lag, as sometime it cause some stutter, like dying light 2 , diablo 4 (recently)

0 Likes

ok thank you. I will try it.

0 Likes