cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

5700XT Unable to change VRAM speed Wattman

Hey guys I've ran into a very strange issue.

I was in the process of undervolting my XFX 5700XT THICC III ULTRA starting from 1200mV and gradually going down in increments of 10mV to test for stability. Driver version: 20.11.1.

I was running the card with 2099MHz (which typically translates to ~2050MHz when gaming), 1180mV and VRAM of 1900MHz. Power limit also set to 50%. Playing Heroes of the Storm when the display went black and it seemed the driver crashed, but it was able to recover itself and revert to default settings  so I could continue gaming.

I was able to load up the OC profile mentioned earlier however I have not been able to adjust the VRAM Tuning slider at all - it seems to be stuck on the OC Clock Speed of 1900MHz.

Has anyone encountered anything similar and been able to resolve it? Resetting settings in wattman still has the VRAM locked to 1900MHz. 

0 Likes
5 Replies

Turns out restarting the computer has reverted the VRAM clock speed to 1750MHz and has enabled the slider again.

0 Likes

Wasn't it micron vram oc is better than samsung, and the trick was to oc vram first to stable then do core clock ?

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes

I have seen the same problem on PowerColor RX5700XT Red Dragon GPU.
Either completely killing all AMD Radeon related processes and restart or complete reboot was needed to get the overclocking slider to work.

0 Likes

Please use the AMD Bug Reporting tool to file Bug Report if you are happy to send data trawl of your PC to AMD. No opt out. I didn't.

0 Likes
Matt_AMD
Community Manager

What display/s are you running? Displays are certain timings like 75HZ/144HZ require an elevated memory clock to maintain stability. Furthermore, running more than one display may require an elevated memory clock. This is expected and cannot be changed in GPU Tuning/WattMan. 

0 Likes