cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

_y_
Adept II

5700XT - 20.3.1- Finally

Finally, new and stable drivers for me ...

Assembled this machine just around newyear, had loads of issues, couldn't play any game wihout black screen after 2-10 minutes. This forced me to downgrade to find working drivers, found them in the 19.12.1 release.

Today, I decided to give the latest a go ... DDU for removing old stuff and reinstall. Been able to play for hours, without any issues. 

My system

- AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT - (Gigabyte AORUS 8G)

- AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 

- X570 AORUS Pro (Gigabyte)

0 Likes
3 Replies
goosethesecond
Adept III

I'm on:

- Ryzen 5 3600

- RX5700

- ASRock x570m Pro4

I'm still afraid to upgrade since I use "Enhanced Sync" and it is one of my favorite features but under "Known Issues" it says that using Enhanced Sync will cause black screens and games to crash unfortunately. I do have a  FreeSync monitor but I actually turn it off as I've noticed games like BF4 has a VERY light flicker/flash when using it so I love Enhanced Sync instead.

At the time I'm still using the 19.12.1 package but I manually installed the 20.2.2 driver only through Windows Device Manager. So I get to keep the 19.12.1 GUI/UI but using the latest WHQL driver. So far no crashes for me. The new 2020 UI seems to cause of lot of the issues most of us have seen.

I'm glad it fixed things on your end. 

0 Likes
sykessq
Journeyman III

Ryzen 7 3700x

RX5700XT

Asus Prime x570-p

I was on 20.2.2 running everything smoothly and flawlessly. Updated to 20.3.1 and had screen flashes every 2-3 seconds, and my second monitor wouldn't work. Rolled back to 20.2.2 and everything worked fine again.

0 Likes
ischyro
Adept II

This driver is unstable when recording with Radeon Relive. It causes a black screen issue where the sound would just loop multiple times, then the system either hangs or restarts itself.

AMD should know better in checking the quality of their drivers, but in these past few months, they're letting their customers down. I am really looking forward with the release of their new GPUs, but if this issue WILL still happen in the future, even when their new GPU line-up will be out in the wild, I'm going to question if it is really worth the trouble of buying another one of their GPU products.