Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

5700 XT screen artifacts/BSOD/stutter

Mobo: ASUS X570-P

GPU: Gigabyte 5700 XT

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700 X

RAM: Kingston HyperX Predator 3200MHz

PSU: SeaSonic 650W Prime Ultra Gold

If I have hardware acceleration on my web browser, the machine will BSOD and immediately turn off - too fast for me to read what the BSOD says.

If I turn ReLive on, League of Legends will get bad FPS stutter, and it can't be fixed until I uninstall and reinstall the AMD drivers altogether. It will also start doing this thing where I get fragments on the top of my main screen like this: https://streamable.com/z21s5

I've tested OBS replay buffer and it makes my games lag really badly as well, but it doesn't cause the screen issue above.

Is this a driver issue or should I return the card?

Also the other thing I noticed is that I have the latest chipset version for my mobo installed, however the one prior is a larger file size, and it says "Update AMD chipset driver 19.10.xx first before update this driver" here: https://i.imgur.com/XDF9Odg.png

What steps could I take to resolve this because I'm seriously thinking about just returning the GPU for an NVIDIA card if I can't resolve it.

9 Replies
yimlao
Adept II

same problem BSOD  rx 5700xt

0 Likes
billyfe
Journeyman III

use the same card.
having the exact same problems
also if i turn on ReLive it will cause blackscreen when Alt+Tab.

0 Likes
mstfbsrn980
Grandmaster

Try the graphics card with another monitor or TV. If you are using CRU software, reset the monitor settings. If the different display device is causing the same problem, return the graphics card. However, to be sure of all this, remove the drivers with DDU and install the display driver. Blue screen errors possibly caused by driver. However, you can test the stability of your graphics card with Furmark software (800x600 without AA).

0 Likes

Using Furmark my GPU temps (reported in FurMark) got to about 90 celsius. The PC didn't crash but I stopped it there. It does it no matter what monitor I put in, but if others are having the same issue I daresay it's a driver issue. I'm considering just returning it for an NVIDIA card since I just feel like a beta tester at the moment..

0 Likes

New 5700 series users are experiencing similar problems to the issue you are experiencing. I've been using PC for years, and I haven't seen any screen corruption like yours. Very strange. Also 90 degrees more, it's causing stabilization problems. 650W PSU is also very close to the minimum requirement. Does your PSU heat up? Because 90 degrees is not normal.

0 Likes
tanjun
Journeyman III

I have that exact fragment problem appearing at the top of my monitor too. Does yours only happen in fullscreen? Stock Settings or Overclocked? I'm starting to think our issues might be either a driver problem, video card problem, or PSU problem since the games I play also get FPS stutters and don't restore back to stable neither. DDU reinstalled and nothing...

0 Likes

Stock settings. However it doesn't happen until I install/use ReLive. If I install ReLive it does that and it gets all laggy, turning ReLive off doesn't fix this, but reinstalling the GPU drivers WITHOUT installing ReLive works. Which is super annoying since I really want a recording feature on at all times..

0 Likes

Weird since I didn't install relive and I got that horizontal line issue still.
I installed an older driver and it appears way less often now, but not entirely fixed..

0 Likes
simplysimon911
Adept III

Why go thru all the pain testing and spending unlimited time on something that should work out the box. 

I did try several drivers but enough was enough. RMA returned. 

Wish i had kept my sapphire vega 64 it never missed a beat.

0 Likes