cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

vidas
Adept I

5700 XT display port bandwidth limited to 5.4gbps x 4 with use of active HDMI 2.1 CAC-1085 adapter

Hello. I am using a powercolor red devil 5700xt with adrenaline 21.4.1 and attempting to use an active DP 1.4+DSC to HDMI 2.1 adapter to connect an LG tv however I am running into problems. The link settings are stuck a 5.4 gbps x 4. I've however seen proof of this adapter(using the same firmware version) with this GPU(using the same driver version) working as intended and the link bandwidth being 8.1 gbps x 4.  This is required to be able to do 4k 120hz at 4:4:4

The cable from the adapter to the display is an officially certified HDMI 2.1 cable(3 ft long) and it is connected to an HDMI 2.1 input on the display. Again this is an active adapter it is converting dp 1.4 to hdmi 2.1, I am aware that the card does not have an hdmi 2.1 port itself. 
I've reinstalled windows 10 pro completely to make sure it isn't some weird issue else where. The TV's settings are all correct, the adapter is set up correctly, the cable is good, and the operating system is good so the issue is going on somewhere in the driver I assume.
Does anyone have any advice for things I could try to get it to work? 
Again the adapter is working correctly and has been proven to work with this GPU please don't just immediately refer me back to the adapter manufacturer.
This is my adrenaline+windows display settings screen shot 

and this is proof of it working with the same set up on someone elses computer 

16 Replies