cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

kingfish
MVP

Re: 240HZ Monitor and stuttering on Apex Legends with 5700 XT

And what did the manufacturer Alienware have to say about the problem?

0 Likes
amdmatt
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks.

Do you see this behaviour on other games, if so which ones? Or is it limited to Apex?

0 Likes
angellicious
Elite

pubg and apex all I play experiencing on both I hope we find and solve the issue

0 Likes
lixteris
Adept I

Nah, it's not that, is drivers my friend. I have the same RX 5700 XT and 3900X, with 20.1.3 The Division 2 and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare was fine, right now stuttering sometimes on the same 240Hz Alienware AW2518HF with 20.2.2 with same games.

@amdmatt if you need any help, evidence, screen recording, logs, I can make them with CoD and The Division 2, just tell me where to send them. You wrote long time ago that you have problems with FreeSync and 240Hz in your known issues in your drivers notes, but that just disappeared. Yeah, 20.1.3 fixed some issues, but 20.2.2 brought that back.

0 Likes
angellicious
Elite

I hope they solve it soon. I'm suprised they do not know about this already. I basicly have an unusable graphics card right? I mean what else it can be when you cannot play any games with it because of stutter

I try to play some Apex Legends and Pubg sometime since I bought my card (February 3rd) and most of the time I would just be watching movies or chat on facebook and stuff I feel so sad but at the same time If this information is passed to the team in charge they might fix it.

amdmatt
Community Manager
Community Manager

I received some more feedback from engineering while testing your issue.

They tested using the same FPS values as you did in Chill, 237 MIN and MAX, but there was no stuttering. However, they were not able to achieve 240FPS easily with Low video quality settings unless the in game resolution was lowered to 1280x720. 

I looked at some performance online from this game at 1080P Low and see that although there are a few peaks up to 240ish+ FPS, most times the FPS are considerably lower than that and in the 120-150 range.

Example RX 5700 XT | Apex Legends - Season 4 - 1080p / 1440p - Low & Ultra settings - YouTube 

angellicious
Elite

they didnt experience any microstuttering???

im speechless...... whats wrong then?

0 Likes
angellicious
Elite

SO basicly what you are saying theres nothing wrong and this is how my card is suppose to play correct?

0 Likes
mstfbsrn980
Grandmaster

I have used AMD and FreeSync for a very long time. And I had a similar problem before. I think OP's problem is that... FreeSync does not work properly in some games with 240 hertz monitors at certain FPS ranges. So the problem is not stuttering. OBS sharing shows us that this is probably micro-stuttering. If the monitor can show the changing vertical frequency while FreeSync is running, MSI AfterBurner statistics and monitor vertical frequency (are they the same) should be checked for each FPS ranges. FPS ranges should be checked individually, with 240-210 hertz, 210-180 hertz, 180-150 hertz, so with 30 FPS intervals. (for problematic games!!)

In other words, the absence of stuttering for the game does not show us that there is no problem. But since he does not record the problem with an external video camera, there is no need to focus on this problem.

amdmatt
Community Manager
Community Manager

Folks, please keep this discussion on topic with the OPs issue or i will restart removing posts.