cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

roli125
Adept I

24.1.1 Driver Feature - Video Upscale

So the new driver come out and it has a new feautre what you can enable in Radeon Software -> Graphics tab. It's called Video Upscale.

But unfortunately, I have a problem with this. When I want to enable, I just can't. The field is gray out, and I can't turn it on. I read the patch note and I know what I have to do in windows settings and edge or chrome but it doesn't work at all. 

Do you have any idea? How can I turn it on?

1 Solution
roli125
Adept I

The new driver version 24.5.1 solved the problem for me. I've been testing it since it was released, and video upscaling still works. Try it out!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
62 Replies
calvincalvin
Journeyman III

for me it was the same until I restarted my computer, then I could enable it

In my case, restart didn't solve the problem.  

DarkStyle
Adept I

Same for me (( Gpu 7900 xtx 

DarkStyle
Adept I

I waited for this update for 2-3 weeks and now I can't even test it. Amd moment

0 Likes
Johhnybandaloni
Journeyman III

Same issue, 7800xt. I can turn it on, it shows for a second then turns off. after it turns off its grayed out and cant be clicked again until i hit default settings. but it just off every time. its definatly a bug.

Yes, same problem here. I can turn it on for a moment, but it immediately turns off. Annoying. (RX 7900 XTX)

0 Likes
Mikelius
Adept I

Same here. 7800xt.

0 Likes
ammyren
Journeyman III

same here 7800xt +5800x3d

0 Likes
Zalugar
Adept II

7800XT and 7800X3D here, works fine for me. Only thing I might've done any different than others is I also updated my BIOS to the latest (I keep it current) and updated Windows since I was already installing the new AMD graphics drivers (that I didn't DDU first because lazy).

But because Chrome with Media Foundation for Clear enabled makes an annoying and loud beep whenever I open a tab, I just reverted my Chrome change so I'm not really using the feature.  Not sure who thought that was a good idea.

0 Likes

You got maybe another issue. I did ddu, i did amd cleanup utility and nothing helped

0 Likes

Dont see an option to enable it either. had many restarts since install. just amd being incompetent again.

0 Likes
Serkovic
Journeyman III

It doesn't work for me on 7900xt either.

0 Likes
Haaky
Adept II

I can't get this piece of garbage to work either.

Nice try AMD, but i will be dumping my 7900XTX and going back to Nvidia.

At least they kinda have there act together.

Haaky
Adept II

Its gotta be a bug. I just noticed if i switch on and off either adjustment above or below the Video Upscale button it comes on for a split second then shuts back off

Morthisto
Journeyman III

Same here. I did DDU, amd cleanup utility and i still can't turn it on. When i click on the default settings, it work for like a second, but then it automatically turn off. 

NITRO+ RX 7900 XTX + 7800X3D

ardankyaosen
Miniboss

EDIT:  Yes, it's just for the 7000 desktop series.  Here's the blurb from the release notes:

"AMD Video Upscaling – Advanced video upscale algorithm to improve video playback image quality for AMD Radeon™ RX 7000 desktop series GPUs."

OP:  Is this option just for the 7xxx line of GPUs?  I don't even see the option with my 6800XT.

pyrotiger
Adept I

its not working for me either 7900 xtx

Haaky
Adept II

There was a post on Redit that apparently this only works with single monitors.

I haven't tried it on a single monitor yet, but i can't believe that everyone here having issues is running triple monitor setups

Yeah, I read that, and I tried with single monitor, but it didn't work for me.  

0 Likes
Xensophic
Adept I

RX 780XT and Ryzen 5 7600 here. Cant enable it as well and I have only 1 monitor. I tried reinstalling the drivers, but it just doesnt work.

0 Likes

Wondering if it might have anything to do with using Display Port or HDMI connections.

Just trying to cover all the bases.

0 Likes

I am using a DP, but I can try the HDMI as well.

0 Likes
eziowar
Adept I

my Gpu- rx 7800xt, os - windows 10 pro (up to date), 

I clean installed amd driver 24.1.1 using DDU .  But can't toggle on video upscaling in amd adrenalin softwre . please help.

0 Likes

Thanks for all the posts, we are looking into this. 

I am having the same issue.  Tried everything.  7800xt and 7700x.  Win 10. 

0 Likes

Thank you, we are appreciate it. If you have a solution please don't forget to share with us

I'll be back to update the thread when I have more information to share. 

0 Likes

Any update on the problem?

0 Likes

Hello @Matt_AMD ,

The mentioned problem is still exist and we don't get any solution or news. Do you have some new information?

Does Amd not have a bug tracker? It would be nice to see issues and not have to scour the internet to see if its a driver bug or not. As far as I can tell the releaase notes aren't updated.

So you come in here just to spam???

0 Likes
pescadorsp
Adept I

Same issue here 7900XT/5800X3D. Did a DDU in safe mode, it worked, then when messing around with enabling/disabling the APU graphics in bios, the problem came back. Did DDU again and no success

0 Likes
leeromero
Journeyman III

Same issue here with 5800X3D and 7800XT, I thought it was an error with Windows 11 and tried to do it with Windows 10 and works fine but I didn't see any difference with the video quality

0 Likes
InVitriol
Adept I

Same issue here 5800X3D, 7800XTX, single monitor. Fresh install of Win10 Pro with latest chipset also.

Enables for 1 second then turns off.

Haaky
Adept II

Update.

For some reason, out of the blue, now my video upscaling works.

Haven't changed a thing, no new updates, just Bam, now working

0 Likes
Haaky
Adept II

Well that was short lived, cause now its back to not working again.

0 Likes
eziowar
Adept I

any update?

0 Likes
BrunchLee
Journeyman III

Same issue.
I just bought a RX 7600 because I am developing a soft leveraging this feature, and I can't even test it...
I can toggle the switch on, but it returns to off immediatly, then stays grey unless I choose "default" profile and try to click on "Video upscaling" tab again, but it keeps reverting to off.

I looked into the registery, I could find a record in the following path:
Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Video\{ramdon uuid}\0000\UMD\DXVA
There was a key with the word "videoupscale" in it, but the key disappeared, I can't remember the exact name of it.

If someone has the feature working, he/she can share the value of this key, I can try manually to create it.

0 Likes
BrunchLee
Journeyman III

I am so lucky!
I did a Windows recovery at the time right before I install AMD driver, and then I reinstall (without factory reset checked) the driver 24.2.1. And it worked!
Now I can properly toggle on/off the Video upscaling, and I look into the registry to see the changes, everthing happened in "...\UMD\DXVA". I share some values below, so you can try to add them manually.

• Video Upscale Switch
    Off
      "VideoUpScaleValue"=hex:00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00
    On
      "VideoUpScaleValue"=hex:01,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00
  • Video Upscale Sharpness
    1%
      "SharpnessValue"=hex:00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,64,00,00,00,00,00,00,00
    25%
      "SharpnessValue"=hex:00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,c4,09,00,00,00,00,00,00
    50%
      "SharpnessValue"=hex:00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,88,13,00,00,00,00,00,00