cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

ankerede
Adept I

24.1.1 BF2042 stuttery mess

I just updated to 24.1.1 on my 6800xt. BF2042 is now unplayable you get framespikes of more than 100ms and thats constant. I've cleared shader cache, restarted, the driver is broken. Back to 23.12.1 and its working again. I dont get how popular games are not being tested.

Also wasn't there supposed to be hardware accelerated GPU scheduling to be introduced with that driver? Its not visible on my system, win 11.

27 Replies
TechtiCool
Journeyman III

Same here on my 7800XT. Used DDU in safe mode to remove everything, reinstalled 24.1.1 and chipset drivers. Normally around 160fps, constant spikes down to the 20s and 30s. Don't think I went longer than 10 seconds without spikes

kyton
Adept III

I can also confirm the same for BF2042.  Tarkov is fine but BF2042 stutters a lot.  Roll back to AFMF preview 23.30.13.05 and that is fine.  I noticed the stutter already on AFMF preview 23.40.01.10 and was hoping that the Official Jan driver would be fine.

I have a 5800x3d with XFX 7800 XT MERC

Uninstalled 24.1.1. as after a while tarkov also stutters.  testing 23.12.1 now

Baldydave
Journeyman III

Same problem, after driver update stutters and weird cpu usage… 100% cpu usage on 1440p, high settings while gpu is jumping from 85 to 95%… 7900 xtx and 7800x3D

Awol
Challenger

Glad you guys have posted about this. Im a regular BF2042 player so will stick to my current 23.11.1 driver.

X570 Aorus Elite / Ryzen 9 5900X / Sapphire Nitro+ RX6900 XT SE / 64GB Quad Kit Kingston Fury Black 3600MHZ CL16 / RM1000 X PSU

grzywkaplrks
Adept I

I ve noticed it in preview driver moreover Valorant stutters with every driver. Never had such issues with Nvidia during 7 years.... it so annoying 

ankerede
Adept I

I checked the comments of some other popular websites and Reddit and seems like it is a more widespread problem, not just bf2042. Hope we get a statement, better yet an official fix soon.

MooseElksson
Journeyman III

Same issue here in BF2042.
Get into a game and it's just stuttering, like playing a slideshow.
I got into a voice channel with a friend and asked him about his performance and he was suffering the same.

7900 XTX for me, 7900 XT for him.

We both used DDU and installed the previous driver, 23.12.1, and the problem was gone.

7800XT here and went down to 23.12.1

Photoshop works fine now but all my games take forever to load, adrenaline seems slow and was trying to play BG3 but lags a lot. Any suggestions?

0 Likes
Red421
Journeyman III

Same here on 5700XT.    23.12.1 work fine

O_Caminhante
Journeyman III

I also had the same problem in BF2042 when updating to 24.1.1, I went back to 23.12.1 and the game runs smoothly again, I thought my RX 7600 was having problems...

jakslap
Challenger

Having the same problem running a 6700xt,

skycyclepilot
Adept II

Same thing on Tiny Tina's Wonderlands...  Went back to 23.12.1.  RX7800-XT, 5800X, 32 GB, NVMe...

Please can you provide details of your full system specs, in game settings (visual etc) and steps we can follow to reproduce the issue? 

Core i5 12400F 

RX 7600 

SSD NVME 2TB

BF2042 - Profile Hight

CndrNelk
Journeyman III

I can also confirm this. Had to roll back the driver. BF2024 also Halo Infinite were crashing and stuttering 

Ryzen 7 7800X3D

Rx 7800xt

Nakatomi_Uk
Adept I

I tried the new drivers I was getting serious micro stuttering in Spiderman with the same 1080 native settings on high with my 5600/RX6600 I went back to the old driver 23.9.2 and it went back to normal, I mean the micro stutter was awful really bad during cutscenes

amarkhy
Journeyman III

Same here.... it's Broken..

ankerede
Adept I

I don't understand why there isn't an official statement yet, after almost 1 week. Clearly there is something wrong with the driver. There are several topics mentioning all kinds of stutters in different games, timeouts, crashes etc. Is AMD even monitoring their own forums? Not a good look.

0 Likes
Omgnoway
Adept III

same problem 7900xtx 5900x constant freezing 

strixuk
Adept II

Exactly same as me, it's absolute hassle having to revert back because they clearly don't test popular games when creating drivers.. This should not be happening with a game like BF2042... 

Luso__
Journeyman III

DDU, and checked boxes for Shader Cache and User Data reset on 24.1.1 install fixed it for me.

0 Likes
Kofisamurai
Journeyman III

I’m also finding the same issues Dead Space stutters so bad after update & CODMW3 will randomly freeze & crash completely randomly, but again no issues before the update.

Ryzen 9 5950x & PowerColor RX7800xt Hellhound Spectral Edition 

0 Likes
Crazyonion
Journeyman III

I've had the same issue with bf2042,Apex legends and dead space remake. I find it very strange that the games I'm having the issues with are all off the EA app launcher I have done a DDU and complete uninstalls of all games and reinstalls onto multiple different ssds with no fix so far has anybody had success with the 24.0 hotfix drivers ?

0 Likes
DeadXecuter
Journeyman III

This issue also affected Atomic Heart but the latest game specific driver for Enshrouded seems to have fixed it

0 Likes
TMX-Loki
Journeyman III

Can confirm this issue with the 6900XT and 5600X.

I´ve downgrade to 23.12.1 to fix this problem.

0 Likes
abj47
Journeyman III

same problem here with the 24.1.1, 7900XT, 7800X3D , samsung 990 PRO, windows 11, Gskill 6000mhz profile, AsusB650E-F

0 Likes
ankerede
Adept I

looks like we are the minority and they don't give a f***. I've been at a friends place last week because he got the stutters as well. DDUed 24.1.1 reinstalled 23.12.1 and everything is fine again. It makes me wonder how many people are out there that either have those issues and just live with it or don't know where to look and get it fixed themselves. 

those stutter reports are also mentioned in the pinned post at the top and not even those get a reply. absolute time waste reporting any issues here.

0 Likes