cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

lucianx
Adept I

23.7.1 Performance tuning & metrics - broken features (RX 580)

So recently I updated my GPU drivers from 23.5.2 to 23.7.1 and have had 2 very unpleasant surprises. 
1. The FPS readout NO LONGER WORKS on anything BUT Steam games (Tested in Daemon X Machina/ STALKER: Clear Sky/ Doom 1993[GZDoom]; Also ArmA1)
2. Under Tuning: Advanced Control: Frequency it is no longer possible to set Min/Max states: Clicking on the state tab instead sets the clock to 2000

The former is a rather disappointing issue as Steam already has a working FPS readout while GOG and Epic STILL haven't implemented this feature, and up to this point the Radeon metrics were a simple and convenient way to have one. FRAPS still works...but in 2023 it should really shouldn't be necessary anymore

The latter could potentially KILL someone's (RX 500) card (if they aren't careful) as in my experience they are already pushed to the limit and some cards respond VERY POORLY to any voltage tuning: I personally get minor artifacts during browsing and significantly lower stability (games have FPS & stutter, or outright crash) with even the most minor of undervolts, yet the moment I revert to the defaults it's business as usual on my Sapphire RX 580 4GB Nitro+; Maybe my card is simply a lemon but either way, my point stands: Frequency tuning is broken at the moment; It worked perfectly fine before (23.5.2 and older)

FPS READ.jpg

Working read.jpg

image_2023-07-11_170324698.png

0 Likes
0 Replies