cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

nox11
Journeyman III

23.7.1 -> High power draw still present

Hi, just updated to 23.7.1 in hope of solving the high power draw at iddle, at yet it is still present. Multimonitor settup + 144Hz and power is sitting at 90W, when I change refresh rate to 60Hz power goes down to 20W. Using RX 7900 XTX

45 Replies

Unfortunately not for me. Standard driver setting and the card draws 75 W in idle. I have to use CRU still. 

And I have 2 standard displays with 60 Hz, nothing with high refresh rates. 

0 Likes
DeathK
Adept I

Not totally fixed for me with 23.9.2 but there's an improvement. Mem clock idle is down to 909MHz instead of full speed and board power is down to ~58W.

0 Likes

I enabled ASPM in BIOS and my 7900 XTX power consumption in idle drops to 32W instead of 55W. Try that

0 Likes
Ghondo
Adept I

High Power draw at idle is still present with update 23.9.3. No changes for me whatsoever. VRAM is fixed at 2487mhz at balanced (standard) windows power plan. Tried even updating my monitors, board etc again, no changes.

Power draw drops to around 50 watts in energy saving powerplan, but that's not a permanent solution in my eyes.
System setup in my first post above.

0 Likes
wolframwow
Adept I

So these are the settings for me. I am not sure if it would help any of you.

wolframwow_0-1696772319230.png

Also, I have for both my monitors Freesync activated (both the 165Hz monitor and the 144hz)
The windows version is:

wolframwow_1-1696772417246.png

0 Likes
npe
Journeyman III

Perhaps try to shutdow Steam client or change in the interface parameters video acceleration to off de Steam ! For me it was night and day. Verify with GPU-Z Memory Clock drop from 909 to 22 at mininum on a 7900XTX from AMD. In Task Manager Video Clock Engine will be at 0 like it should be with Steam in the background.

0 Likes