cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

supreme
Adept II

23.10.01.41 Preview Drivers - A fix for 7600 generic naming and performance drop issue?

Has anyone else tested out these preview drivers?
https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-rad-win-23-10-01-41-vlk-extn

Comparison with 22.5.1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7M7PkWYILY&t=320s

I just installed them. Will report back.

[ASRock B450m/ac R.20 | 5800X3D | G.Skill RipJaws V Series 3200 16GBx2 | RX 7600]
13 Replies
supreme
Adept II

The naming is fixed and Diablo 4 is now detected again.

supreme_0-1688171330581.png

In-game I still get those drops in GPU utilization.

[ASRock B450m/ac R.20 | 5800X3D | G.Skill RipJaws V Series 3200 16GBx2 | RX 7600]
0 Likes
JaconKin
Adept I

Why can't you find these listed in the driver link, is there somewhere you can find the beta drivers or look for them yourself? 

0 Likes
supreme
Adept II

I'm guessing AMD doesn't list preview drivers. It doesn't even come up using the site search.

0 Likes

Yet they are on the site, they should allow users to choose to use beta/preview drivers if they want. I'm new to AMD Graphics having used Nvidia for over close to 20 years. 

0 Likes

The Closest list for drivers I've been able to find has been 

https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-rad-win-vulkan

0 Likes

Aha, so that's where they are.

I'm also new to AMD.

0 Likes
brakespear
Adept II

just tried them - now the card shows up correctly as a RX 7600 in GPU-Z rather than having a generic name but I still get black screen crashes between 2-20 minutes into playing any 3D game.

0 Likes

The crashes while playing games is pretty weird, I'd try running DDU again inside windows safe mode, then installing the preview drivers again. I've gotten some weird crashes, but I'm able to play games decently fine. Diablo 4 has some rough studders at times though

0 Likes

I have only tested with new drivers whether or not I could run Witcher 3 with RT on, prior when I had RT on it would cause the driver to crash. I spent a good 15-20 minutes just running around to see if the drivers would crash and they didn't. I'll have yet to try D4 or other games right now. Yet, at least for me this is a sign in the right direction being new to AMD. 

Edit: Have you done used Display Driver Uninstall? If not perhaps wipe the drivers and reinstall, it may help? What games are you crashing in? 

0 Likes

I'm not crashing in games, I've had a crash exiting a game before though, and crashed a couple times just randomly using discord/web browser while compiling code (I think the culprit there might have been because I had my CPU usage at 100% while trying to use AMD Noise Suppression, as that was the only thing I could find in event viewer, which then crashed the driver and triggered the driver replacement). I haven't done DDU personally since I did a fresh windows install with this GPU since I was having worse issues with Linux/Mesa on launch. I can't properly remember, but I do recall RT issues with AMD GPUs on some games, but I'd have to look into that again.

0 Likes

RE4 and RE3 are the only games i've tried as they are the only recent games i have installed on Steam. I have tried DDU but possibly not in safe mode so will give that a try.

0 Likes
JaconKin
Adept I

On another positive note, prior to this MSI Afterburner wouldn't really work with the card, now it does for me, so I'm happy I can get my monitor software back and create my own personal fan curve for cooling. I've seen the card get to 76 degrees so I want to control my own fan curve. 

Matt_AMD
Community Manager

The issue regarding the RX 7600 not being recognized correctly in AMD Software should be resolved in the 23.7.1 Adrenalin driver which can be downloaded here