cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

chucktownrc51
Adept II

19.8.1 Driver Causing Issue With RGB Fusion

Ever since I installed 19.8.1 my RGB Fusion program (Gigabyte mobo RGB controller) is crashing my computer. Never had an issue with it before this driver was released. I uninstalled in safe mode with DDU 3x and reinstalled in airplane mode, didn't fix it.  I rolled back to 19.7.5 and it's working again. 

AMD please address this in the next patch. 

Thank you. 

*UPDATE* AMD just listed this as a known issue on today's (8/26/19) release of 19.8.2 . I guess they don't have a fix for it yet.

16 Replies

a lot of motherboard packages are old and not compatible with modern systems

ask GB for updated versions

0 Likes

It's the newest version and it works perfectly with 19.7.5.

There's obviously something in 19.8.1 that's causing my system to crash when you start RGB Fusion. 

0 Likes

check with GB and see if they have fixed their software

might take a while for them to get around to it

0 Likes

Dude, I get it, you don't like Gigabyte. 

This is an AMD driver caused issue, not a Gigabyte caused issue. Hence the reason for this post to inform AMD. 

0 Likes
cassini978
Adept I

I am in the same boat as the OP. System crashing after 19.8.1. Had to uninstall RGB Fusion to regain system composure.

Ref:

RGB Fusion: B19.0801.2

APP Center: B19.0704.1

I don't know about you but I can't handle having all orange lights in my PC (Gigabyte default) so I had to roll back to Adrenaline 19.7.5

0 Likes

use the utility in the bios.. that will always work. look around and  you'll find the rgbfusion selection

0 Likes

My bios only allows me to turn off the lights, not customize them. 

0 Likes

Haha! I agree. For now, light in my PC case is off; a trade-off for the latest drivers until they fix compatibility. Learning to embrace the darkness once more  

0 Likes
dethgrind666
Journeyman III

same as OP also. I am still on 19.8.1 tho.

I also just did a clean windows install and its def still doing it. I did more research on this ati sys file. I tried to rebuild it but no go.. its the new drivers for sure that are causing this.

0 Likes

Having the same issue as well. Seems to be happening on most of the Aorus software which includes RGB settings. Works fine with the previous driver.

pooyahsb
Journeyman III

same here !!!

0 Likes
hungvotrung
Journeyman III

Same issue here. Had to install 19.7.5

0 Likes
chucktownrc51
Adept II

*UPDATE* AMD just listed this as a known issue on today's (8/26/19) release of 19.8.2 . I guess they don't have a fix for it yet.

0 Likes

I am glad that its a known issue now.. hopefully soon. also there is a new version of rgb fusion on the gigabyte website as well.. check it out but it still didn't fix the problem.. still running 7.5

0 Likes
dethgrind666
Journeyman III

issue is resolved with latest driverset. 

0 Likes