cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

colesdav
MVP

Re: [19.12.2] Frame Rate Target Control option is missing

Are you able to change the Chill Hotkey from F11 to Alt+W and could you please check if it actually works?
Thanks.

0 Likes
shonk
Adept II

FRTC works just fine in 20.4.1 its just not shown in the new settings

you can enable it either via the registry or with the old 19.12.1 settings

0 Likes
colesdav
MVP

Thanks.

Did you try  to change the Chill Hotkey from F11 to Alt+W? 
If you set Chill_Min to 30 and Chill Max to 300 and use ALT_W can you see that Chill is activating with the Hotkey set to Altt+W?
The Chill Hotkeys have not worked for me at all in Adrenalin 2020 GUI&Driver or with Adrenalin 19.12.1 GUI + Adrenalin 2020 driver. 

I filed a Bug Report about the Adrenalin Chill Hotkey not working  a long time ago, and it is still not working for me.

Only hotkey that works in Adrenalin 2020 for me is F11.

I just wanted someone else to check it out if possible to make sure it's not just something about the PC's I run. 

0 Likes
assiduous
Adept III

Can you advise how to do this please?

0 Likes
elf
Journeyman III

They took our FRTC!!!

On a serious note though. Why was this removed. Not used very often, but would be really nice to have when a game don't have this built in.

colesdav
MVP

Global FRTC control is back in Adrenalin 2020 21.3.1 Driver for RX5700XT -> R9 390X. 
This is great news. 

It works with Radeon Chill do you can set FRTC = 59, Chill min FPS = 30 Chill max "FPS" = 300 and run an RX Vega 64 Liquid on BFV at 4K Ultra with ~ reasonable 59 FPS 4K Experience with Vsync off. 

Now  all Radeon Team need to do is adjust chill behaviour so that you can hit more than 55 FPS with those settings with keyboard only input. 

Please mark this as the correct answer. 

Thanks.

0 Likes