cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussions

whiskey-foxtrot
Forerunner

Re: Ryzen 1700 Build. sometimes is bottlenecking.

This doesn't mean it's bad - it also depends on which test you ran and even so, it's not the end all of scores. Do you have a link to the 3DMark score so we can take a look at it? Also - try to run at default settings in the BIOS before OC'ing anything - RAM included.

Here's an example of old scores from my FX 9370 (6614 points) and FX 8370 (6963 points) running TimeSpy: Result (combined score for all my AMD systems: Result which is easier to compare)

and here's my TimeSpy result running AMD Radeon RX 480 video card benchmark result - AMD Ryzen 7 1800X,ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. CROSSHAIR VI...  (5910 points) and same system with a slight OC on both the GPU and CPU (8193 points): AMD Radeon RX 480 video card benchmark result - AMD Ryzen 7 1800X,ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. CROSSHAIR VI...

As you can see, my 1800X has a much lower score and I can attribute that to running a very unoptimized and very beta BIOS with no OC. On top of that I also have a separate stress testing tool running in both instances.

Now if you compare those other tests (FireStrike*) you'll get vastly different results. The point is, get your system stable first and only make gradual changes instead of throwing a ton of changes (both hardware and software) as  you've done in the past and mark your progress.

In your case 6k points isn't bad but I would first focus on system stability by running stress tests - I'm not sure if the free version of 3DMark includes a stress test - but if it does, run it a few times before attempting to OC for benchmarks.

markus7912
Adept I

Sometimes Booting and kann not recognize a Sata drives. Can not see the SSD and DVD. What can I make ?

Have Asus Crosshair 6 Hero, and BIOS is a latest Offical version 1.201 .

Muss 2-3 restart and after is good.

0 Likes
theminiondude
Adept III

Alright I will rerun the test and get you the link later. Thanks in advance. BTW the xmp profile 1 I'd working so it's good.

0 Likes
theminiondude
Adept III

whiskey-foxtrot
Forerunner

Again, it's not a bad score nor is it really an indication of any bottlenecks referring back to your original post. Here's our systems side by side: Result Your CPU isn't far off from mine and you should be able to eventually squeeze more performance from your RAM (which is running at 2666MHz) with upcoming BIOS updates. I would wait on OC'ing (both CPU and RAM) till a stable update is available as you currently have to mess with fine timings etc to get them right.

As for your GPU, you can play around with MSI's Afterburner or EVGA's Precision XOC - but again, only do so if you KNOW what you're doing - you do not want to end with a fried GPU (or system for that matter.

Learn first; take little steps and you'll get there.

theminiondude
Adept III

LOVE you MAN. thanks for the help!

theminiondude
Adept III

anyway thats thaat but what about the fps in game, i was playing csgo and i was getting 100 to 150fps default max settings. Ghost Recon 50-60fps default max settings, COD i was getting solid 60FPS. Please help me out there!

0 Likes
kxuping
Forerunner

First upgrade to latest Bios/EFI available for your motherboard. Then get into the BIOS/EFI and somewhere select default settings or safe settings and use your computer. If you PC is stable then start OC your memory (running at 3200 is OC) and other stuff.

theminiondude
Adept III

I have the latest bios, I turned on the XMP profile and seleted two but didnt work. i turned on profile one so it worked for somtime and then the bios went back to default. everything is up to date.

0 Likes
whiskey-foxtrot
Forerunner

Keep in mind, AGESA 1.006 is not in their latest BIOS yet. It's only in their Beta BIOS which is a separate download found in their forums. On my BIOS (via ASUS) I can only get to rated speeds through default values IF I use their BETA BIOS. On their stable BIOS I have to make BCLK and other timing adjustments - again, something you have to be careful with. So my recommendation is to wait on the latest AGESA be pushed into the stable BIOS!

You can see some of my settings below;  Keep in mind - this is ONLY for MY BIOS - do not make changes to yours unless you absolutely, positively know what you're changing!

PSTATE-OC.png

I recommend AMD's Ryzen Master app for checking up on your CPU (Again, careful with adjustments if you do it through there!)

BIOS-01.png

Main screen showing current settings

BIOS-02.png

Memory Frequency set to 3200MHz using default settings in dropdown

BIOS-03.png

Memory timings entered - you can find yours usually on the label or packaging (or vendors website)

BIOS-04.png

I set my command rate to 1T

BIOS-05.png

This is where it can get tricky (next step as well). Offset mode is selected with the proper offset calculated from (stable) CPU Voltage - default setting in next step

BIOS-06.png

Voltage shown above highlighted FID is 1.35 NOT 1350000! FID is Hex for "40" multiplier. You'd have to figure yours out - your board might not even show this option. Defaults are used for DID and VID.

So, you can either wait on future STABLE updates that include AGESA fixes and simply use default settings (drop down values), or you can figure out your BIOS and options and set everything up as I have above and pray you don't brick your board or CPU. I'd recommend waiting.