sounds great - do you also want 2000$ free cash?
and why we not put the British Isles on top...
1. u spam here in the forum (2x same sh*t within 2 hours)
2. you give NOTHING in return...
your last hope should be: get a job and earn money!
It sounds to me as though your current computer could use a little TLC. I don't want to come across as callus, but it'd be a far better use of your time than begging for handouts that won't happen.
If you have any questions on how to do that, there's lots of Youtube videos out there that can show you how to clean and fix common computer issues. Alternatively if you have a specific question you could ask it here. There's a lot of knowledgeable people here that'd be more than happy to give advice/hints/tips/etc.
Ok, I would guess that you're not wanting a laptop is partially related to previous experiences with a craptop...
1. You have a lot of options...
2. With that kind of money, you could buy a great PC. so you don't have any money...
3. Since you are not gaming on it, I would recommend just the Ryzen 5 APU... Perfect For Watching Classes and Videos on, and OK for entry-level gaming too... (less VRAM than older APUs though)
4. For what you are doing, a laptop would be better... if it's a laptop then what external features to you want... to start... we can worry about internals later
you have a budget of 1000$
Ryzen 5 2400G 150$
B450 MoBo 120$
32GB DDR4-3200CL16 130$
500W PSU 50$
CPU Cooler 30$
2-3 extra fans 30$
27" Monitor 150$
so where is the problem?