cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussions

UnoZeus
Adept II

Re: Graphics card availability?

We really need some sort of intervention to help level the playing field. I'll take any help that I can get. AMD is killing me. 

Tags (1)
apc900
Adept II

You boys are in the wrong country.

Nobody having to camp out here for days to TRY getting a card.

Sadly...the only folks who seem to be able to just walk right in and purchase cards without playing 'the game' are in the countries with no tariffs or taxes which affect costs to manufacturers.

For the cost some of the scalpers are demanding, you could hop on a flight, fly to this destination and purchase the card. Too **bleep** funny.

0 Likes
Kegyetlen75
Adept II

this is an old video...

0 Likes
apc900
Adept II

Yes!....because Nvidia has been making 12GB cards forever and the RX6700 has been made for a very long time.

Kegyetlen75
Adept II

this is only politic...

not another things...

i love my country

0 Likes

I still distraught about wasting my work day time trying to buy a GPU on AMD direct this past Thursday only for there to be no drop, and then randomly move it Friday afternoon.

So much inconsistency with their drops that only helps Shoe Bots that have apps that actively scrape their Buy-Direct for when that 'add-cart" change comes available.  

Regular people don't have that time to invest on doing.

bigtroll
Adept II

Yup totally sad its so hard to get one of these new cards, I don't see the situation changing though unless amd steps up to the plate and makes a queue system for us.

apc900
Adept II

Given the level of discord, you'd think so kind of register-to-buy option would have been implemented months ago. Nvidia has many more options in terms of models. Despite the difficulty in getting any card, the perception is that it doesn't look that bad on their side. AMD, with basically three variants...none of which seem to ever show up for purchase, should have implemented this a long while ago. 

wylieguy
Adept I

Tried to reply to your question but was instantaneously marked as spam, for what, I have no idea. In short I've had luck with BestBuy on-line and Microcenter in store. Next possible stock available from BestBuy on-line is 4/27 10am-2pm EST. In store at Microcenter be in line before opening the earlier the better, like 4am.

Good luck

amdeedee
Adept II

thanks! do you mean 4/27 for in-store at microcenter as well? if so, any particular location? or do you mean 4/27 just for online at Best Buy? 

0 Likes