cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussions

Highlighted
Exemplar
Exemplar

Re: Did anybody manage to snag an RX 6000 series card?

There were a few more 6800 and 6800XTs available on AMD's store around 8am CST.  Similar to the time they dropped on Wednesday, so it may be worth watching the store at that time.

Highlighted
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Yep, snatched the no XT ,  cards were up for good 5-10 mins.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

I went the my local microcenter 16 hours before release and I saw 10 people on line. I knew i wasnt getting one lol

Highlighted
Big Boss
Big Boss

My friend went to our local Micro and they only had 8. The manager there apparently would not tell the people after the first 8 in line they would not be able to get one. I guess AMD frowned on letting consumers no that, or it was some corporate retail rule. No idea why. However he said the manager asked the first few if they would be happy getting either the 6800 or xt and told the rest the they would likely be disappointed if they too waited. So that was pretty nice. I remember waiting over 20 years ago for a release that had the line around the building and I waited for 12 hours to have the guy in front of my get the last card. 

Some retailers in the past would hand out right to purchase vouchers to those in line waiting first. To me they should all just still do that. 

There are a lot of ways to handle sales than what has been done this go around. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

mine looks exactly the same - got a link with PW in the order confirmation and its "processing" since wednesday  (ordered from austria in the german AMD Store)

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Yeah. AMD had the same "problem" as Nvidia with the launch of their 6000 series cards. It appears that these companies have learned that they can create panic buying with this sort of tactic, and greatly inflate demand. They are guaranteed to sell out of each run of the latest cards, and people appear stupid enough to buy them from scalpers for 3x the retail price. Nvidia and AMD are both absolutely disgusting with their bull**bleep** responses to these issues... They don't care about their loyal customers.

The lies are bad enough. But the condescending and ridiculous responses to consumer concerns are just plain offensive. My favorite so far was that AMD’s Chief Architect of Gaming Solutions and Marketing, Frank Azor, had the nerve to show a screenshot of himself being successful in buying a 6800 XT card directly through the AMD site and saying "See? I could do it... You just didn't try hard enough". I wonder... Do you think maybe the MARKETING DIRECTOR OF AMD got preferred treatment at the AMD STORE???

AMD, you are gross. And so is Nvidia. However, congratulations on your record sales and your newly upped stock prices. You've earned it... By selling to bots and scalpers, and screwing your loyal customers (regular, honest people) over. 

So disgusting.

Highlighted
Big Boss
Big Boss

I agree AMD should not let Frank talk. He seems to do nothing but make situations worse. 

If AMD honestly tells us how many cards they had at launch in the chain you could make an honest comparison to team green this time around and more importantly to prior launches. 

Yes it is was dumb of Frank to make false promises and then to add insult to injury by rubbing end users nose in the fact that he himself remove yet another card out of the hand of a wanting user is just stupid. 

The telling thing so far though is that from what many retailers are saying is that they had way more nvidia cards on launch than AMD ones.

This again my be completely because AMD was IMHO not smart by not allowing AIB partners to launch same day, like NVIDIA did. This at least put more cards out at launch. 

Highlighted
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

I didn't get one but my two local MicroCenters got 10 non-XT each and 0 XT.  As far as I can tell XT was not available anywhere near me.  BestBuy seems to not have received any XTs either as they are online only and it still says coming soon.

Frank Azor owes the community a sincere apology and Andre Elijah $10.

We get it.  Demand is up and production volume is down.  It does not forgive Azor over-promising when he saw the same as what we saw with Nvidia's launch.  For the record both of my local MicroCenters had more 3080s (16 and 18) on day one than 6000's.

Highlighted
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

My order was cancelled and refunded by AMD DE.  

People who had paid and confirmed orders *after* me got theirs shipped.  People who got theirs confirmed before either them or me got cancelled too.

All of the above instances were paid via Paypal (money taken) and confirmed.

Total mess.

Highlighted
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Azor was the idiot briefing journos and YTers that "millions of Ryzen 5xxx are shipping [for launch]".

He doesn't just get things wrong or massage the truth.  He flat out lies.

Guy should be fired.