Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contests and Sweeps

Wally_AMD
Community Manager

Red Team Monthly Sweepstakes: October - MSI PRO B650M-A WIFI Motherboard

2282805_Red_Team_Monthly_Sweepstakes_October_1920x600_FNL.jpg

Hey, Red Team! 

Spooky season has arrived, and this month's sweepstakes is all treat (no tricks)! You have a chance to win an MSI PRO B650M-A WIFI Motherboard - perfect to help propel you into the AM5 era. Learn more about these motherboards here

Entering is easy, follow these steps:

1. Ensure you are a registered member with a ranking greater than or equal to Novice III. Click here for more info about ranks.

2. Reply to this post with your most recent hardware upgrade (or one that's next on your list)! 

Example reply:

"I just upgraded to an AMD Radeon 7900 XT GPU, and it's awesome! / I'm looking forward to upgrading my CPU to an AMD Ryzen 7800X3D by the end of the year!"

1. Hit “Reply” and that’s it!

The October Sweepstakes Entry Period opens on Monday, October 2, 2023, at 12:00 p.m. Central Time. Entries must be submitted by Tuesday, October 31, 2023, at 12:00 p.m. Central Time. For more information about how to enter, check out the blog!

*NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Open to legal residents of the 50 United States (D.C.) and Canada, 18 years or older members of the AMD Community forum with a Novice III or greater ranking. Ends 10/31/2023. For Official Rules, including odds and prize descriptions, visit Red Team Monthly Sweepstakes 2023 Rules. Void where prohibited. Sponsor: AMD, Inc.

178 Replies

I'm planning to buy 7800xt in November if I don't win a PC or a GPU by them. Wish me good luck.

SubtleIQ
Adept III

Simple...but nice...neat !

Michael Alan Horton

I could use a new motherboard

rbuschyx
Adept I

I just added a Laser to my 3d Printer

Ateal
Adept I

I have a 980ti/i7-4790k and looking to do a new build. AMD is making great products lately. My wifes AMD CPU is a rocker for sure.  

punk4evr
Adept III

just another month! Lets go! 

WC2F
Adept I

I am building my first ever gaming pc and due to tight budget going slow so any help with a cpu or gpu will be an upgrade 

Miguel Orama
Dunfragme
Adept I

My latest purchase was a 38" ultrawide monitor that I bought on impulse a couple of months back even though my 27" 240Hz LG just got fixed prior to its warranty expiring >.<

**bleep** e-commerce platform succubus xD

But man size really matters huh so much more screen estate... 😮

Edit: I ain't in US / Canada sorry just wanted to join in 😄

AKARAYRICHARD
Journeyman III

I AM GETTING A Ryzen 7800X

gabrielpike
Adept II

My most recent upgrade was last year getting a RX6600. 

John-Prevette
Adept II

Prices are really dropping on AMD CPUs and GPUs ... wow, to think you could pick up an $800 CPU a year ago for $350 today ... this is what's really spooky!  Booooowwwwwhahhahhahahhahhah!

InfoManWD
KahlDragonborn
Journeyman III

I just upgraded to a RadeonTM 6900xt from a GTX 1080, It's a world of difference I went straight to a 4k monitor. Next I am hoping to upgrade to either a 7800X3D or a 7600X I believe that would suit my new gpu alot better than my old cpu honestly it's probably bottlenecking it but have to do things one at a time.

xsoulsin
Adept II

I am looking forward to upgrade my system and this would give me a good start.

jedi-jt
Adept I

Last upgrade was to a Red Devil RX 7900 XTX, which feels like so long ago and was a late Christmas present to myself. My final move to go full Team Red.

My most recent upgrade is pretty big. Went from a 6700k/Z270 Pro4 to a 7900X/X670E ProArt, as well as upgrading the GPU from a 1080 Ti to a 3090! Next upgrade could be to an RDNA4 product if all goes well!

FunkZ
Forerunner

Upgraded my cpu/motherboard/memory a few months ago, took advantage of last gen sales to get some great pricing!

AMD R7 5700X

Gigabyte B550 Gaming X

G.Skill 2x16GB DDR4-3600

Ryzen R7 5700X | B550 Gaming X | 2x16GB G.Skill 3600 | Radeon RX 7900XT

I upgraded from a 5600x to a 5950x.😀

I'm having trouble getting the temps under control.🤒

Other than that, I am happy with the upgrade.🤗

What are you using for CPU Cooling?

An AIO cooler might do you well.  I've used many of them and I don't have any temperature issues with my CPUs.  

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".

If your into air cooling, check out the Noctua NH-D15 or the Cooler Master MasterAir MA624 Stealth.

If your going AIO; Corsair, Cooler Master, ASUS, MSI all have very good systems.

I've always found that in computer components, you get what you pay for.

Famous last words of a RedNeck "Hey Ya'll, WATCH THIS"
drewster
Adept II

I just looked at the specs for this board.  Normally I do not even look at anything below xx70 in the series,  but this board has some decent specs

Xeruo
Adept I

I intend to upgrade my GPU to a rtx 4070 soon

BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

Think about the AMD 7900XT.  I have two of them and I'm very happy.  I bought my last one for $700 on Amazon.

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".
Domer94
Adept I

My gear's so old, I just upgraded from floppy disks and 14.4 baud modem.

BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

Are you on the Zip disks now?  100 MB was nothing to sneeze at back in the day.

I had a college professor that said "Who in the world will need more then 10 MB/"  referring to a 10 MB Seagate HDD.

I splurged on my first PC for the 20MB HDD and color screen. It was all I would ever need. 

I'd give you more than 1 like if I could! 😀

Love these Zip disks. But there's so much space! Whatever will I do to fill them? There's only so much one can write with WordStar2000

I still remember using the old 8.5" floppies and a cassette recorder.  

Just for curiosity sake, where do you live?  

rdenmon
Challenger

No upgrade since my Ryzen 7 5800 and 6900xt./ I will likely upgrade CPU/ GPU on next generation.

CT-5555
Adept I

Good Luck Everyone!

Omnipro
Adept II

I recently upgraded my GPU to a AMD XFX - Speedster SWFT309 AMD Radeon RX 6700XT 12GB GDDR6, and and bottle neck by my ASROCK B450M HDV R4.0 MATX MB, and this would make a great upgrade.

Machete6000
Adept I

Im looking forward to upgrading to a 7900XT

punk4evr
Adept III

I can't recall if i posed already or not. Ah well.  Here I am again.  *wait, i think thats a song lyric*. 

sabah70
Adept III

Good luck all

sabah70
Adept III

Good luck 👍🏿 

MushroomHead
Adept I

I just upgraded "nothing", and it's awesome! / I'm looking forward to upgrading my laptop (gtx 1060) by the end of the year! (in reality this won't happen because I'm poor.) 😄

BigTacious
Adept III

my latest upgrade was actually Lian Li's vertical GPU mount. Not only does it look great, but it actually helped with thermal performance of my 7900 XTX since the heatsink isn't being pulled downwards. Thanks Wally for the post and all that you and the AMD team do!!

5900X | Sapphire Nitro 7900XTX | 64gb RAM 3600mhz CL16 | x570 TUF WiFi
tredeuce
Adept III

My previous upgrade was the 5 5500 for a PC to run Windows 11, but of course AM5 is here, so I will take a look at that. Thank goodness, AMD quality and power can last and not have to upgrade every few months. Even though a bunch of a couple of months have passed, I still feel like I can choose to upgrade and not have to upgrade.