Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contests and Sweeps

Sam_AMD
Community Manager

Red Team Monthly Sweepstakes: August – Sapphire NITRO+ AMD Radeon RX 7800 XT

2425251_2024_Red_Team_Monthly_Sweepstakes_August_1920x600.jpg

We have another, question for you, Red Team!

What influences your decision to buy an AMD product? (e.g., price, performance, brand or all of the above? Feel free to elaborate.)

To enter the sweepstakes, simply click the reply button and answer the question, that’s it!

For August, a Sapphire NITRO+ AMD Radeon RX 7800 XT GPU is up for grabs!

Good luck, everyone!

The August Sweepstakes Entry Period opens on Thursday, August 1, 2024, at 12:00 P.M. Central Time. Entries must be submitted by Saturday, August 31, 2024, at 12:00 P.M. Central Time. Read the Official Rules for more information and key dates.

Sam
Your biggest fan!
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6800XT
537 Replies
Irradiated_Radeon
Journeyman III

Hi Sam, 

My biggest influence is price to performance. Brand is my strong second.

Price to performance story

When I built my most recent computer (2018) I was so impressed with the Ryzen 2700x's performance and price when compared to anything from team blue that I had to go with AMD and you know what, that CPU is still going strong today.  I'd also like to tell you that I build a lot of computers for friends and for a few businesses and I always put in an AMD in because they are such a good value from the lower end "APUs" to the higher Range Ryzens.  

Branding story

After watching what team blue was doing and all the BS they kept pulling with needing new MBs every generation and these tiny generational improvements, I saw what AMD was doing with the AM4 platform and thought that was such a great deal.  Knowing that my motherboard that wasn't exactly cheap can still be upgraded to support far newer CPUs is awesome.  It just seemed like AMD as a brand was looking out for it's customers and innovating rather than just being greedy and that cemented me as a fan of team red!

Now to hopefully win an AMD GPU because my green boy was a hand me down from a friend and that sweet sweet vram on the 7800xt is awesome!

0 Likes
thedreamchicken
Journeyman III

For me, I'm mostly concerned about raw performance relative to the price. Nvidia's prices recently have become rather outrageous, but I've been able to find quality with AMD for an actually fair amount that doesn't make my wallet act like it's been abused. Brand is like the last thing I care about, although I do pay attention to the designer of a card because I know with AMD it's good to learn towards Sapphire, Powercolor, ASrock, and XFX since they focus all their efforts on top level AMD card construction.

PetitGarry
Journeyman III

Price to performance ratio is my first focus, then if it looks good too but not that important.

Sarna
Journeyman III

Nice native performance in games.

X3D technology.

Price per/frame

MushroomHead
Adept I

Unfortunately, I haven't had any computers with AMD graphics yet (I've never had any computers in my life, only 2 laptops), now I have an old laptop with a 1060 graphics card, but I would like to build my first computer, and if I won your graphics card, it would be a great incentive to build my first gaming computer. I don't know much about graphics cards, since I've only had notebooks in my life, so it's hard for me to answer your question, sorry. Good luck to everyone.

CallMeKap
Adept II

Price is always a factor, but as with most things I buy, the price to performance ratio is a big consideration 🙂

LoneFennecFox
Journeyman III

What mostly influences my decision on what I purchase would be price and performance. When looking at VR, some components make more sense than others. Such as an AMD X3D cpu, it performs better than many other cpus in VR applications and games.

ArcticFal
Journeyman III

The price to performance is unmatched and the quality is something that is very underrated.

I don't recall my first family computer but I do recall my first personal, with an A10. At the time, it did me so well, lasted and worked for years! Forward to a few years ago, my nephew was ready for his first laptop and it had a Ryzen 5. Exceptional performance. 

Throughout the years AMD has made it clear that you don't need top dollar to get top performance. A people focused company where I feel like enterprise is a second thought (probably not the case but I like to imagine) 

Also, I prefer pins on my CPU, like I prefer bolts on my wheels. 

SadSnake
Journeyman III

Hi!

As a linux user, I like the compatibility of AMD products. Also price to performance is really nice! AMD's development in the industry is really cool.

Rodarius
Journeyman III

My decision is influenced to buy AMD products because my very first gaming pc had a AMD cpu and gpu and they never let me down and were very durable till the end. if it isn't AMD i am not interested because it won't be made to last and give the best performance 

EagleWave
Journeyman III

When picking a component, I look at factors such as price relative to my budget, performance in multiple areas, see if the product works for my foreseeable needs, compatibility with hardware and software (how well it works), and then compare these factors with other components on the market.  AMD components usually will have a better price than competing brands with similar or better performance.  This works well for my budget.  The wide software compatibility is also great.

HeartMk-II
Adept I

Like how many other people have said, the number one thing that comes to mind when I think of AMD is the price- to-performance their current products offer. It's the number one factor that I hope continues into the future as well!

I guess it also helps that I'm not interested in ray-tracing and was curious to try out more AMD parts at the time I decided to build my current rig. Long story short, my first PC was a hand-me down (Intel-Nvidia build) from my older brother that I received some time before the pandemic hit. It was around 2022 where I decided it was time to start building my own PC. My older brother had just upgraded his build again, so he had a spare 3700x and 5700XT lying around. From on there I decided to hop on the AM4 platform and got a B550 motherboard. Fast forward to today and I'm rocking a 5800X3D and a Sapphire 7800XT Pure. I don't regret anything one bit!

That being said, I won't pass up on an opportunity to get another Sapphire GPU, especially their Nitro+ model! If I win this, I'd pass down my Pure to another family member to continue our tradition of passing down old parts, haha! 🤣

Thanks for the opportunity and good luck to everyone else entering!

OrganicComic
Adept I

My all AMD PC was influenced by it was the best computer for the price no questions asked

Jordan4795
Journeyman III

hello AMD

i have always been a fan of you guys ever since i started getting into building computers 

i really like your guys performance for the lower prices compared to Nvidia and love how you guys have the perfect amount of vram for all your cards and price ranges like right now I'm on a Ryzen 9 5980hx Rx6800m laptop and it has 12 gb of vram witch helps alot when im gaming and these desktop parts would help a lot when i build my desktop soon in late September all i have right now is a case and a 950w psu and I'm buying part by part 

All for for the red team!

-Jordan Arroyo

TheRealFame
Adept II

I actually look at price to peformance always for when I buy something! Even if it's used, If I could get 6 cores for a good deal, It's the reason I buy that amd CPU over some other product!

Messiah Oliver

I think the contest ended at the stoke of midnight (CT), 31 August 2024.  This post was on 01 September 2024.  Be on the lookout for the September contest and good luck!

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".
deadbolt
Adept II

I would like to say that I am a loyal AMD customer for over 25 years. My first AMD product was the K7 Athlon CPU.