Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contests and Sweeps

Sam_AMD
Community Manager

Red Team Monthly Sweepstakes: August – Sapphire NITRO+ AMD Radeon RX 7800 XT

2425251_2024_Red_Team_Monthly_Sweepstakes_August_1920x600.jpg

We have another, question for you, Red Team!

What influences your decision to buy an AMD product? (e.g., price, performance, brand or all of the above? Feel free to elaborate.)

To enter the sweepstakes, simply click the reply button and answer the question, that’s it!

For August, a Sapphire NITRO+ AMD Radeon RX 7800 XT GPU is up for grabs!

Good luck, everyone!

The August Sweepstakes Entry Period opens on Thursday, August 1, 2024, at 12:00 P.M. Central Time. Entries must be submitted by Saturday, August 31, 2024, at 12:00 P.M. Central Time. Read the Official Rules for more information and key dates.

Sam
Your biggest fan!
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6800XT
537 Replies
olds442_hurst
Journeyman III

Hopefully this is real because I really need a new graphics card mine is on its way out it's having serious artifacting and stuttering even though my temperature readings area really good. I think it's just tired of playing Rust lol. Sooooo many hours of play on it.

sarrett1204
Journeyman III

I've been a die hard amd fan for the past 10 years or so of building my own pc's their processors are easy to overclock along with the graphics cards. The price point of amd parts is doable. doing my benchmark test on my computer running the ryzen 9 5900x processor and the 7800xt shows almost no bottlenecking to either the cpu or gpu. Overall AMD has just always been the superior company because of the prices offered for the quality of their parts. I have a full tower case and my card barely fits inside (had to reroute practically all of my cables to fit it XD) even with it being in tight proximity in my case its a very nice card that doesnt overheat or stutter in anything that isnt clearly made for a card thats state of the art and required. 

Phabel
Journeyman III

Usually price to performance.

But always AMD. Been on team red for over a decade.

wcse
Adept II

The price/performance ratio.  Also I have a good history of being satisfied with AMD products over the long run.

0 Likes
sdizzol
Adept II

Performance, I think the x3d cpus are the best right now and most likely will be the best for gaming.  

0 Likes
Jonny6654
Journeyman III

Best bang for your buck you can get, also built my firs pc with all AMD and just carried on from there on every other one I have built 

0 Likes
supercoolb
Journeyman III

Price point for performance. 

0 Likes
PSSD0308
Journeyman III

I'm new to this whole thing, but I love amd!

The biggest thing I love about with amd is having a higher ram count for the same price as its competitors! I also love that it's price is cheap! The drivers work as well.

I have a 7700x cpu and a

0 Likes
nzouridakis
Adept I

Performance, price, brand

0 Likes

Imma biggest fan of AMD products. I hate Nvidia bcs of their price to performance balance. Intel cpu sucks and heats too much.

I have bought RX 7900GRE few months back so this gpu will be a downgrade for me. However, in case I win, I'll give it to my friend who can then build a pc around it.

Have Ryzen 7 5700G paired with RX 7900GRE currently.

Draconist
Adept I

AMD ryzen 7600 at $299

Sols_11
Journeyman III

I’d buy amd cause there the best

TreasuRey
Journeyman III

Price, performance, compatibility, and reviews and ratings are some of the things that influence my decision to buy AMD products, with special emphasis on reviews and ratings. I'm not very tech savvy, so I rely on reviews and ratings (from experts, hobbyists, etc.) to help me decide what I should or shouldn't buy.

Pookinyo
Journeyman III

Hi!

I've had a couple AMD GPUs in my life and they've been solid and reliable even when put through long gaming session or just intense games and heat. AMD offers a wide variety of GPUs and CPUs that you can easily find out which resolution you play on and with the AM5 Socket in play, you can futureproof your build easily. I've been a 1080p gamer for most of my life and switching to 1440p requires a beefy GPU. For these specific reasons I've assisted in building an all Red Team PC recently for my buddy, the installment process for the CPU was simple and straightforward, after setting everything up and running in a few compatibility issues (which were caused by a fault in my research and not comparing max possible ram speeds with XMP even though AMD literally has everything on their website hands down to help people calculate), we tested multiple games in 2K and 4K and i can honestly say that the price to performance on the 7900 GRE is phenomenal. 

Gabeswhatnots
Journeyman III

Personally, I do like to buy AMD for budget purposes and also i like to buy AMD for the performance it gives for its price compared to Nvidia. I have helped others with getting PCs and for both CPUs and GPUs i always say go AMD as its reliable and that the price is not inflated due to small gimmicks.

Definitely all of the above. I particularly care that there's enough VRAM capacity on GPUs and enough overall performance on CPUs.

Sanet20
Journeyman III

I think it is a combination of all: price + performance, but certainly of some known brand (known - from the good side), cause you want to be able to enjoy it more than one day :). Thanks for this opportunity, to get gpu of a known brand, and nothing beats this price performace combo - free and powerful. GL for all !

Fiby
Journeyman III

Power efficiency: someone on achieved 13-17 watt on idle with 5600g so a great for homemade server with enough performance to Turn it into a powerful computer if it doesn't work out. Future proofing so that I don't need to swap the motherboard when I want to upgrade a CPU. Price to performance is incredible compared to competition.

ShadowAhri13
Journeyman III

AMD's best quality has got to be it's performance, compatibility, and reliability. 
I was just thinking of changing from Intel to AMD due to it's reliability and compatibility with with other pc components!

Joni_1013
Adept I

I've never owned anything AMD. However with the current trends with Nvidia and AMD offering excellent price to performance ratio the research on AMD CPUs for gaming is no question the best for gaming. I want to jump the green-blue train and go red on my next build with Team Red. 

Georgio056
Journeyman III

I have always used AMD cpu's. From my first build in high school to my latest build for my son. Love the price to performance.

CrimsnShadow
Journeyman III

All of the above.

I have used AMD products ever since my first PC build about 10 years ago.
Very happy with AMD, and I won't be switching anytime soon. #RedTeam

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | PowerColor Fighter Radeon RX 7800XT | 4x8GB DDR4-3600 | Windows 11
dudesss
Journeyman III

Ethics. I love AMD because I feel like its a more ethical company than Nvidia. Giving AMD open sources some big components like Vulkan, and has also made FreeSync a royalty free open standard, I feel like its the better choice. Plus having a woman CEO is a big bonus! And also their CEO not wearing a leather jacket made from "100% genuine sheepskin" like Nvidia's CEO Jensen Huang does.

Astronym
Adept I

I feel like AMD actually cares about its customers unlike Nvidia were i had lots of issues with their support. Also price to performance can't beat that. Overall great company with great products that anyone can afford and enjoy.

Shx_r
Journeyman III

Hi! Im Shar. I've been using AMD for a while. First real "gaming" card was an RX560 4gb, ever since then I haven't switched from AMD. I fell in love with the Adrenaline edition software, and it feels natural to me now. Since then, I have upgraded to a Ryzen 9 7900x and an RX6650xt (the value for this card was insane at the time). However, I have started to play more demanding games and do 3D rendering for my classes, so an upgrade is due, and this would be a perfect opportunity! Good luck to all! Thank you!

motoman26
Journeyman III

Performance and price.

aceitos315
Journeyman III

The things that influenced me to use AMD equipment in my build was partly because of pricing and i watched a lot of videos before building my first pc, that showed that AMD is the way to go. I have the Gigabyte B650M AX motherboard, Ryzen 7 7700X Chip, 7900XT GPU. To win this sweepstakes would really help me build my youtube/twitch channel on which i review PC equipment and i have been only using AMD parts.

Gaming On The Highest
YuNicorn22
Adept I

Price to performance

Definitely the price to performance and FPS per dollar. Sure NVIDIA has DLSS, but just recently I’ve tried AMD’s new Fluid Motion Frames generation technology, and it’s incredible. I love having an AMD Advantage system. I also just prefer AMD’s Adrenaline software over NVIDIA’s control panel.

blankstare
Journeyman III

Mainly price, but lately size and power requirements. Does my poor power supply have the juice and connectors to support the new beastly card? And will it fit I'm my mATX case? This card would definitely work in my system 😉

caerbannog
Adept III

GamersNexus and HardwareUnboxed are the two main outlets that heavily influence my buying decisions when it comes to the PC parts that they review.

Their consumer focused, data driven approach is much welcomed over the HypeBus™ marketing influencers that leaves one with a sense of meh wanting to return the product in hand.

AMD, there's no need to cherry pick your data sets, be real with us with your marketing. We're adults, we can handle it for the most part. 🤓

KidneyThief
Adept II

I've been building PCs since 1988, and I started buying AMD Processors in the early 90s. I liked the price and performance. Not only that, but I even got the circuit board manufacturing company where I worked as a PCB Engineer, Testing Programmer and AOI Programmer to use AMD CPUs in their systems. I've also been using AMD graphics cards for the last 20 plus years for my own systems, since one of my hobbies is animation and graphics. I don't recall having any serious issues with your products, so I don't see myself using Nvidia or Intel products anytime soon. Keep up the fantastic work

CPU RYZEN 7800X3D

GPU RADEON RX6800 XT

DSCN0503.JPG

PolarCrisis
Journeyman III

All the above!

0 Likes
Toughmn
Adept II

All of the above.  AMD's products are reliable, energy efficient, and have great performance at a fair price.

0 Likes
ITdestroyer420
Journeyman III

I think AMD is the future and eventually will be the microsoft of tech industry.

0 Likes
chefred58
Adept I

Ultimately it comes down to price/performance. But the style(looks) of the card can weigh on the buyer emotionally to sacrifice a few fps or pay a couple of dollars more. That's my 2 cents..

0 Likes
krankypants
Adept II

As I already have many AMD CPUs and some GPUs, the decision often comes down to how much performance against what I already have. Can't get better than my 7800X3D for gaming, but my old 3070 (sorry shortage pricing) is starting to show it's age. I'd go 7800XT or 7900GRE minimum for a decent uplift from my current 8gb card. Perhaps the best part would be to pass the GPUs down the line and give everyone in my immediate family an uplift.

Lucks to all

0 Likes
linshiwei0
Adept I

Price, performance, and brand reputation are key factors influencing my decision to purchase an AMD product, ensuring value and reliability

0 Likes
dongjj1990
Adept II

Price is a significant factor when deciding to purchase an AMD product. AMD is known for offering competitive pricing, often providing better value for money compared to its main competitor,

0 Likes
Omgnoway
Elite

best bang for the buck and better performance cant go wrong been with AMD  K6 3 core CPU to now the 7800x3d  been so many years . thank you AMD!

0 Likes