Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contests and Sweeps

Sam_AMD
Community Manager

Red Team Monthly Sweepstakes: August – Sapphire NITRO+ AMD Radeon RX 7800 XT

2425251_2024_Red_Team_Monthly_Sweepstakes_August_1920x600.jpg

We have another, question for you, Red Team!

What influences your decision to buy an AMD product? (e.g., price, performance, brand or all of the above? Feel free to elaborate.)

To enter the sweepstakes, simply click the reply button and answer the question, that’s it!

For August, a Sapphire NITRO+ AMD Radeon RX 7800 XT GPU is up for grabs!

Good luck, everyone!

The August Sweepstakes Entry Period opens on Thursday, August 1, 2024, at 12:00 P.M. Central Time. Entries must be submitted by Saturday, August 31, 2024, at 12:00 P.M. Central Time. Read the Official Rules for more information and key dates.

Sam
Your biggest fan!
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6800XT
420 Replies
Beastss
Journeyman III

All of the above, as a convertor from Team Blue!

SpeneKhan123
Journeyman III

Just read some honest reviews i love it ! Thanks guys for being honest ! best price and unmatched performance

zMrbigbot
Journeyman III

What influences your decision to buy an AMD product? (e.g., price, performance, brand or all of the above? Feel free to elaborate.)

AMD's exceptional price-to-performance ratio is the primary factor driving my purchasing decisions. Their CPUs and GPUs consistently deliver outstanding value compared to the competition. This compelling offering has solidified AMD as my go-to choice for hardware upgrades.

Dennis_
Journeyman III

As a Linux only user, I only consider AMD products for the strong open source support and how GPUs do not have issues with drivers compared to competitor products. Both for CPU and GPU. This even extends to the Freesync feature in most monitors and TVs, which I appreciate.

With that aside, I then consider price to performance first, second the dimensions of the card with how it fits and whether it covers too many PCIE slots (I do use other PCIE slots), third fan/noise profile, and lastly power efficiency.

Thank you for the continued support and commitment to Linux and open source.

adam5
Adept I

the value for sure i also love the software

neknite
Adept I

Price to performance!

0 Likes
Pistols
Journeyman III

Honestly, all of the above. Been using AMD GPU's for a long time based on the price:performance ratios. 

Can never afford the top end GPU's but AMD have a great range of upper/mid GPU's. Radeon software has got better and better over time. HD5770 was an amazing budget card, and the HD7970 was a great mid/high end GPU.

I made the switch to AMD CPU's waaaay back in the day when AMD released the first 1Ghz Athlon chip. Favourite chip was the Phenom II X6. That CPU lasted until 2019, overclocked by 15% on air. (And it didn't fail, I just finally upgraded) 

0 Likes

all of the above

0 Likes
xlenduroman
Adept II

What influences your decision to buy an AMD product?

That is an easy question to answer. Building a rig that has all of its core components from the same company feels right, and just makes sense.  AMD has the chipset, cpu and gpu components all under one roof. When it comes to AMD gpu's, my choice has always been to buy Sapphire gpu's, as they are a sole partner with AMD. 

0 Likes
Vynski
Exemplar

II built my first desktop in the very early 1990's (1991-92) with an AMD 386SX on a SuperMicro board.  Performance and experience has never let me down  Used ATI GPU's from the beginning and when AMD bought the ATI franchise I new things would get better, not that I ever had any complaints with ATI.  Intel was always overpriced for the performance they provided. 

Been building with AMD ever since.

Famous last words of a RedNeck "Hey Ya'll, WATCH THIS"
0 Likes
rmm11
Journeyman III

Price/Performance ration for sure.

0 Likes

The stability of the product drivers and consistent performance. I like when things work how they are intended to.

0 Likes
0hmzzz
Adept I

With AMD, exceptional performance is always guaranteed, which is why I continue to choose and trust their products. Additionally, the support and dedication of the AMD team have consistently exceeded my expectations. Love it! 

0 Likes

My sons 14th birthday is September 3rd so a new graphics card would be a blessing from God and the team from AMD

G
0 Likes
Merricky
Newcomer

It's well known that AMD is on top of the game in terms of CPUs and GPUs, offering great performance and value for your money.
Fun fact: my AMD Ryzen 5 2600 is the only part of my 6-year-old PC that’s never given me any trouble, along with my Corsair power supply.

0 Likes
WZP0210
Newcomer

极致的性价比

0 Likes

What influences me to buy AMD products? More often than not, I find AMD to be more affordable than Nvidia, even if slightly so. I also like that with AMD, I can tune my GPU in the Adrenaline app, instead of having to download 3rd party software. And I trust Sapphire more than I trust most other AIBs (like Asus, etc), and Sapphire is AMD-only.

電腦 : 5800X3D • Sapphire Pulse 6800XT • 32GB 3600 • B550 Tomahawk • Superflower 850W Gold • Phanteks 400A Digital
0 Likes
ImMike
Newcomer

What influences me to buy anything is the price to performance which amazing on most AMD products.

0 Likes
German_AC
Adept III

For me is the ratio price-performance. AMD is (and was) the champion on that department.

Artificial intelligence is no match for human stupidity.
0 Likes
DonKaki
Newcomer

I'm new here but I'm in love with AMD. The performance in relation to the price is just unbeatable and I love the asthetics. Just beautiful overall.

0 Likes
KiraV
Newcomer

All of the above! Picking a GPU is always about hitting the right balance of price and performance, while making sure you're buying from a brand you trust. Right now the performance level and VRAM are both key areas, with VRAM being (generally) the area where AMD has a clean win.

0 Likes