Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contests and Sweeps

Sam_AMD
Community Manager

Red Team Monthly Sweepstakes: August – Sapphire NITRO+ AMD Radeon RX 7800 XT

2425251_2024_Red_Team_Monthly_Sweepstakes_August_1920x600.jpg

We have another, question for you, Red Team!

What influences your decision to buy an AMD product? (e.g., price, performance, brand or all of the above? Feel free to elaborate.)

To enter the sweepstakes, simply click the reply button and answer the question, that’s it!

For August, a Sapphire NITRO+ AMD Radeon RX 7800 XT GPU is up for grabs!

Good luck, everyone!

The August Sweepstakes Entry Period opens on Thursday, August 1, 2024, at 12:00 P.M. Central Time. Entries must be submitted by Saturday, August 31, 2024, at 12:00 P.M. Central Time. Read the Official Rules for more information and key dates.

Sam
Your biggest fan!
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6800XT
484 Replies
The-Zealander
Journeyman III

Price to performance. Value is the most important thing in my opinion.

I love the optimization you do for your products. Also, I love the pricing which is way low compared to Nvidia. I have bought the 7900gre few months back and I'm happy with it. The only issue is my cpu Ryzen 7 5700G which is bottlenecking my gpu. Otherwise all good.

Moose9511
Journeyman III

I buy amd for the price to performace.

i_alsager
Journeyman III

Definitely price to performance. Most of my CPUs have been team red including my current Ryzen 3600. When it came to upgrading my GPU after the pandemic I went with the 6700xt over the 3060ti because it has 12gb vram over 8gb from the green side which I wanted as I game at 1440p.

Paterno38
Journeyman III

All the above! I have switched over to AMD products recently and have been extremely satisfied with the performance, pricing, etc.

stylo_
Journeyman III

The red color mostly, my first pc was also a AMD chipped one and I stick with it.

GLKKeith
Adept II

I think the largest portion of why I am drawn to AMD products is the Quality to Price ratio. I know I'm getting a name brand that is reliable, and won't break the bank!

Machine
Journeyman III

Habe mir vor kurzem einen PC mit 7800x3d und ner 7900xtx gekauft. Hatte früher auch ein reines AMD System und werde auch immer bei AMD bleiben. Die Preis Leistung ist nicht zu überbieten!

BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

Using Google Translate (love this app):  

I recently bought a PC with a 7800x3d and a 7900xtx. I used to have a pure AMD system and will always stick with AMD. The price performance cannot be beat!

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".
Ruggburn75
Adept I

Price

to performance of course!

eumenes
Adept I

AMD cpu are just better than intel in evertyhing right now, no point in comparing.

AMD gpu are cheapers than Nvidia while offering more raster performance/vram .

dersohw
Adept I

I will always get AMD CPU's and GPU's, the Price to performance on AMD's products are top tier.

e56
Journeyman III

I’m mostly influenced by the access of AMD-Exclusive performance enhancements such as Smart Access Memory, and as of lately i have been trying out the AFMF in Forza Horizon 5. it works well 🙂

ninjasorus
Adept I

When purchasing always look at the best performance for the cost. 

Back in the day the Barton 2500XP clocked @ 3200 was the bee's knees.... amazing.. then sadly went intel for a few years until the Ryzen took the crown again and never looked back. I hope AMD can keep it up!  

It's also fun to see them gaining traction in the data centers again as well!  

My next GPU may be AMD..... we'll see, I'm hopeful.

Amos

tbreeden
Adept I

Price to performance would be biggest reason, but also longevity. The AM3/AM4/AM5 platforms have been amazing on their upgrade options. I also like the fact that AMD video cards have decent amounts of vram, so they too hold up well over time. Also while its not a major factor, I like that AMD products generally aim to be power efficient and run cooler.

blazer
Elite

I have always been partial to Radeon graphics, but until I built my first AMD system, I didn't realize what I was missing. ( Ryzen 3800x on an ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero ) The longevity of the chipset has been great, and I am currently on my third processor on a motherboard that was bought about 6 years ago, so I guess my answer is the longevity, witch also means Performance for Price.

fakekawaii
Journeyman III

AMD's the best when it comes to bang for the buck, and not only that AMD usually runs way more power-efficient than counter-parts from other manufacturers. And that's why I have bought an  7800x3d for myself.

venaur
Elite

There are a lot of things that impact my choice to buy AMD. Cost/performance was an initial big factor for me when i first looked into building a pc. From there i really grew to love the brand though. I have never experienced issues, and really love to see AMD pushing the technology forward. ❤️ 

nzouridakis
Journeyman III

AMD fan!

Price and performance

joebangles
Adept III

Brand is a big influence, but within the brand I try to gauge the price/performance before I pull the trigger on a purchase. This usually means that I'll lag within the mid-tier level of performance or just slightly above in order to hit the sweet spot on performance per dollar... usually there's an implicit floor -- why buy something new if you've got an older piece of equipment that's still nominally performing as well? So this also means that I'll look at cpubenchmark, tomshardware, anandtech, etc. to try to see when the juice is worth the squeeze.

Tersael
Journeyman III

Hey there!

I pick AMD for a few different reasons. One of the biggest things for me is Aesthetics when it comes to purchasing anything PC related, and AMD GPUs definitely have NVIDIA beat on that.

Beyond that, as long as it meets my needs, price becomes the second factor.

tsmspace
Adept I

Well, I don't care if it's AMD , I do my best to look at what is the best thing I can buy for the task and money. For me, I still have an intel cpu and am happy with it. When it came time to buy a graphics card, I looked at nvidia as the traditional leader in general easy to use, and they were very high prices, I looked at AMD and saw that it seemed just as good in every way as far as pound for pound reliability, I looked at my use case vs. other use cases where AMD might not be the winner, and lo and behold AMD drivers make superior videos albiet a bit more slowly from what I can tell, something I might do, they have better performance at every price point for indie titles, which is all I play, (well, and also in competitive gaming, which I do play COD as well) , and for the price I wanted to spend they offered 16gb of ram which means that as time marches on and well I'm ok and not suffering so why upgrade, it seemed like well, it really would be ok , it would be the better potato one day. In the end, I could not see one reason to choose a different brand of gpu, amd won in every category I cared about, and the only question I needed to answer was which one. The only thing I worry about, is that I might regret having an intel cpu one day, and need a premature upgrade as a result of intel clocking up older technology to keep up. 

dnehiba3
Adept II

I’ve always wanted a Saphire card, look great and have even better reputation

Bigmoedeeby
Journeyman III

Better performance, less cost.  It's not difficult.

soullodolo
Adept III

Best bang for the buck, x3d is perfect for a gaming rig

Ryzen 7 5800x (Desktop), Ryzen 7 6800H (Laptop)
BlueRage1998
Adept I

I like price, Performance , brand and whatever tech my favorite YouTuber use.

redteam4life
Adept II

Long time user and advocate of AMD GPU's and CPU's.

Been buying AMD gpu's exclusively since Hawaii series through up to Rdna2/3. AMD cpu's since FX series, and now ryzen. I have had pretty good experience overall. I continue to follow upgrades usually they are best value for dollar. Real big winner lately for the x3d cpu's and longevity of the AM4 platform! I also enjoy the Radeon Adrenaline software and all the features along the way. Keep up the good work! Thank you for the amazing products and support!

peace out.

Alien_1985
Adept I

Amd because it is the best and fast and cool quality for such cheap rates and world class. Mainly all amd product works for more years and give high performance without compromise in quality.

my contact indian bangalore iso code: [0091] mobile number 9535470557 mobile number and whatsapp number
paulvinod2030@gmail.com my email
Letnup
Journeyman III

All of the above, plus, quality of design, build and pricing make buying AMD a no brainer.

Redtech2
Journeyman III

The multi core performance of AMD CPUs keeps me coming back to your processors. And the 2d price to performance of AMD GPUs fits my use case perfectly. Thank you AMD. 

iboopy
Journeyman III

I am influenced towards AMD products because of their affordability, the fact that their products are often reliable and they provide features such as FSR and FMF as alternatives to DLSS. Also I love the fact they continue support of platforms such as am4 and I should be able to keep my am5 motherboard for a while.

niffolast
Adept I

I usually watch comparison videos and make my decision based on price to performance differences

MisterDoy1e
Journeyman III

Among the factors to be considered when shopping for an AMD product, one of them is the performance. They have been performing efficiently both in terms of CPUs and GPUs and they are the choice of many tech users and gamers. As a result, the price at which AMD products are sold is set at a reasonable price hence it also gives a good value for money. Particularly, brand recognition is a key factor for me and, in this respect, I am a loyal customer of AMD because of their long-term vision and their expectations for them in the future. In addition, I examine the compatibility of their products with my existing setup as a result of which I have the option to upgrade in the future. It is the same question in every application "how to achieve the best result without having to pay a great deal of money".

Pickles
Journeyman III

I'm a big fan of having a cohesive, all-in-one hardware and software stack whenever possible. I've got a couple of gaming-only PC builds coming up, and AMD hardware is exactly what I need for it! The AMD Advantage uplift is the icing on the cake.

Reaper2
Journeyman III

A big part of the reason i go with AMD is the price to performance ratio as well as the very user friendly software which makes gaming the way you choose a breeze. Its nice having everything in one application!

Kris

CPU: R7 5800x3D 
GPU: RX 7900XTX

Adt603
Journeyman III

The price to performance is my answer.

FTLStar
Journeyman III

AMD has the best price to performance ratio which influences me to buy!

kibbichibi
Adept I

I have been a fan of AMD since I upgraded from a 1050 2gb to a 6650xt then eventually 6700xt. I appreciate the value I can get out of them. Its disappointing to see Nvidia cards with jacked prices and pitiful performance for the price. AMD cards will last longer due to their vram, making them investments instead of constant purchases.

Teko_Vadam
Journeyman III

AMD offers a great price to performance ratio. It's great knowing that I am buying a product that AMD continues to innovate and incorporate that tech without any walls in the way. While watching tech reviews, there's always praise for AMD products with how affordable they are for what they are capable of.