Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contests and Sweeps

Sam_AMD
Community Manager

Red Team Monthly Sweepstakes: August – Sapphire NITRO+ AMD Radeon RX 7800 XT

2425251_2024_Red_Team_Monthly_Sweepstakes_August_1920x600.jpg

We have another, question for you, Red Team!

What influences your decision to buy an AMD product? (e.g., price, performance, brand or all of the above? Feel free to elaborate.)

To enter the sweepstakes, simply click the reply button and answer the question, that’s it!

For August, a Sapphire NITRO+ AMD Radeon RX 7800 XT GPU is up for grabs!

Good luck, everyone!

The August Sweepstakes Entry Period opens on Thursday, August 1, 2024, at 12:00 P.M. Central Time. Entries must be submitted by Saturday, August 31, 2024, at 12:00 P.M. Central Time. Read the Official Rules for more information and key dates.

Sam
Your biggest fan!
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6800XT
535 Replies
LWoodward
Journeyman III

I am brand new to building PCs. What influenced my decision to go team red? Google "best gaming cpu 2024" and scroll down to count how many times the name "7800x3d" comes up. That started me off. Then comparing gpus, the price to performance destroys the competition. Easy choice!

lucasc
Adept I

Price AND performance

PandorianGrey
Adept II

The things that influence me most about buying AMD or any PC component would be performance, stability/reliability, and finally cost.

Whalter212
Adept I

I bought AMD in the past for the price as I needed the lower price. Now I buy it for the performance.

PrYTrace
Journeyman III

I love AMD products and what influences my decision to buy them is that they are affordable and they age like fine wine with their updates.

tosblackdeath
Adept III

Performance

UnitedGavin
Adept I

The price and quality of product I get is why I love AMD, it feels like they cater to the consumer!

Ryzen 5 7600
XFX RX 6950 XT 

Hachur
Journeyman III

Under current market conditions, AMD Ryzen 5 beats the competition considering its price/performance ratio. And with on-chip NPU it brings AI-enabled capabilities to Windows 11 users. 🙂

AMD Turion X2
sampainoticeme
Journeyman III

Price, brand, and the better performance per watt! Team Red all the way 😄

rustyrazy
Journeyman III

AMD products are often priced competitively, making them an attractive option for budget-conscious consumers. AMD is known for its high-performance CPUs and GPUs, often offering better value for money compared to competitors. The Ryzen and Radeon series are popular for gaming and professional use.

Janni_Degen
Journeyman III

Team Red all the way, performance per price is great and price is extremely great!

Price to performance while being budget friendly

Yokosan
Journeyman III

The price to performance has always been there for me when choosing amd. The Cpu performance has always performed well for me. Same for the gpu. Not to mention the promos that are offered at times when new hardware becomes available. The free games along with the pricing and performance just make amd the go to gaming hardware for me. 

SJRitchie82
Journeyman III

Price to performance ratio is in incredibly good with AMD GPU's. Been using your processors and GPU'S since 2016! 

FIDAIN
Adept II

Price and performance 

Quinntuas
Journeyman III

The price of AMD's GPUs are cheaper and performance is similar or a bit stronger comparing to Nvidia GPUs, even though AMD is weaker on the Ray tracing side (But I don't use RT); not to mention AMD is giving Space Marine 2 when buying RX 7700 XT or higher. There's no way for me to consider the Nvidia cards in that case : )

Demoeso
Journeyman III

AMD's price to performance for Ryzen and Radeon are the best in their respective markets that's why I'd buy AMD and would recommend it to anyone looking to build a PC 

ShadowAvatar
Journeyman III

As many others have also said, price to performance is exactly why I prefer AMD products.

I do care a little about ray tracing, but rasterization & general performance is more important too me.

I've never actually owned anything other then AMD products for this very reason.

astrumm
Journeyman III

The Price to Performance was what I was looking for, along with the fact that I've had an awful track record with competitors. Got an RX 6600 on sale a while back and im looking to upgrade! Though my 5700X3D is brand new and I plan to use this puppy until it no longer works for my needs, and then itll be my server cpu! 😄

revant54
Journeyman III

What influences my purchase decisions are always a combination of price, and performance. I am the type of gamer that upgrades my parts every few years, and I want to make sure that I'm going to get a good bang for my buck. I won't usually get the best hardware, but more towards the mid-upper tier. When I am in the market to buy I always do my research and lean on the multitude of product reviewers on Youtube to help point me in the right direction. 

Malkavious
Journeyman III

The price to performance of Radeon cards is bar none, the best!

And honestly, I feel like I'm supporting a less monolithic Corp by buying AMD!

Themayday
Journeyman III

Price to performance ratio 

glacierfreeze
Journeyman III

My decision to buy AMD is that it has both good pricing and performance. It's a good bang for the buck compared to competitors. I also like the AMD brand.

onetwowolf
Journeyman III

If I were building a PC right now, I'd buy both an AMD Ryzen CPU for its performance, power efficiency and stability and an AMD Radeon GPU for its better value, additional VRAM and lower driver overhead.

gblanstom
Journeyman III

With AMD I know what I am going to get, reliability and performance at a competitive price point.

snowdogu77
Journeyman III

all of the above.

I've stuck with AMD processors since the beginning, and have owned several AMD GPUs as well, and they've all served me wonderfully. 15 years ago it was because I was a teenager and they were what I could afford. now it's a combination of their value and performance.

bonus points for not destroying themselves on stock settings 😉

Cubanoman
Adept I

Price compared with other alternatives

Jethz
Journeyman III

my current GPU was determined by price, performance & availability and the fact I was combining it with an AMD CPU.

Chezpo0f
Journeyman III

Can't beat the performance for the price. I built my first pc as a teenager working a part time job in high school. Amd had the right cpu and GPU at the right price so I could get up and running for that new EQ expansion back in the day. 

McCrex
Journeyman III

Price to performance is my initial go to, and from there I decide on the aesthetics if it's a visible part.

heartxheart
Journeyman III

Price and Performance are the main things that influence me! I want a good device that can zip and zoom with the best of them, sam

Netherspark
Journeyman III

Performance > Acoustics > Price > Cooling > Aesthetics > Brand.  In that order.

Tryxtan
Journeyman III

Performance and stability.

AceDaemon
Adept I

For me its always been the better value option especially with the recent generations where the prices have ben hiked due to intense demand form other places aside form gaming.

Grens
Journeyman III

Price to performance is a big one for me.

dragonema
Adept I

I always try to get the best price to performance ratio parts, but also take into account the background of the company and independent reviewers opinions and tests

ELharen
Adept I

I look for solid gaming performance at a reasonable price point. Looking to upgrade soon and currently looking very much like it would be a ryzen 7 7800x3d and a 7800xt. 
Thx for the giveaway 

nzouridakis
Adept I

All of the above

chatie
Adept I

A balance between performance and price.

Leaffa
Adept I

Newcomer here to the forum but not to AMD

Always loved the reasonable pricing for a strong, reliable product!  My main reason for being in Team Red has to be the great value gpus!

6600 XT

Ryzen 5 3600