Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contests and Sweeps

Sam_AMD
Community Manager

Red Team Monthly Sweepstakes: August – Sapphire NITRO+ AMD Radeon RX 7800 XT

2425251_2024_Red_Team_Monthly_Sweepstakes_August_1920x600.jpg

We have another, question for you, Red Team!

What influences your decision to buy an AMD product? (e.g., price, performance, brand or all of the above? Feel free to elaborate.)

To enter the sweepstakes, simply click the reply button and answer the question, that’s it!

For August, a Sapphire NITRO+ AMD Radeon RX 7800 XT GPU is up for grabs!

Good luck, everyone!

The August Sweepstakes Entry Period opens on Thursday, August 1, 2024, at 12:00 P.M. Central Time. Entries must be submitted by Saturday, August 31, 2024, at 12:00 P.M. Central Time. Read the Official Rules for more information and key dates.

Sam
Your biggest fan!
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6800XT
496 Replies
johns_wikiii
Adept I

Excited about the Red Team Monthly Sweepstakes for August? Don't miss your chance to win the Sapphire NITRO+ AMD Radeon RX 7800 XT! For more details, make sure to download the entry form and participate!

JamesRDNA4
Adept I

GPU

Price to Performance is Great Love the AMD Software So Easy to Use Good Designs Lost of Reason to Choose AMD over Nvidia and Intel.

CPU

Loving the 3D Cache Also Temps And Power Usage Aren't Sky High Like Intel.

Ntanal
Adept I

Sure is price, performance for sure and support after buying!

Bockeworst
Adept I

Price/performance

Jayzer3cat
Adept I

Performance it’s all about performance and secondary is power efficiency, third is software stack and fourth is cost. 

5900X, 6900XT, 32GB 3600cl14, 4TB sn850
greydog5
Adept III

a long time AMD processor user and collector, I decided a long time ago to choose AMD components as much as possible. The reasons have been good performance, quality, and features at a good value. And never broke down on me.

FMB
johnny_cee
Adept III

Its always price/performance

I've always loved the affordability of the products.

paul_wornham
Journeyman III

I really like the fact that I don't have to change my whole computer every time Intel decides on a new CPU version.

I also like the price/performance of AMD GPU's. As a pensioner I have been saving for a 7800XT which is the perfect price/performance for my 1440P setup.

SinanGame
Adept I

First of all, I would like to state that my entire system is AMD. I assembled the system 1 year ago and there were many reasons for me to make these choices.
Amd is a proven brand. AMD values its customers and improves every day.
This raffle is a proof of the value given by AMD. The prize is really nice.
I bought an AMD Radeon rx6750xt and was given the last of us part 1 as a reward.
I bought AMD ryzen 7700 and was given the star wars game as a gift. This processor was given with a good cooling system.
The price-performance ratio is amazing. It does not offer technologies that will let you down. It offers extremely good and affordable technologies.
There is progress in software development and artificial intelligence. There is a good team behind the brand.
AMD is progressing logically well. Do you have an AM4 type compatible cooler? You can use it for AM5, no problem.
I recommend AMD to people.

I like that AMD CPUs have the best upgrade path. 

GenesisHavic
Journeyman III

Ive always seen people love amd products and i myself have not, but i see so many people having zero issues with the products and wish to use one or more myself. the price point is great, the reviews are always good. 

I have a pc im planning to build with a ryzen 7 9700x and a rx 7900 gre. 

randyjy
Adept II

I like their performance and price to grade ratio. They've done well in all my builds. 

newlexican
Adept I

I mostly purchase based on price and performance. However, the integrity of a company does play a part.

redneckpoet
Adept II

What influences My decision to buy an AMD product?

It's the performance to price value.

n00bert0
Adept II

Price and performance are the 2 factors that influence my decision. I set a budget for a video card and see what cards are available from both sides and then check out performance reviews and user reviews. Reliability, heat, noise in that order are my concerns after performance.

Emirit_Remble
Journeyman III

I had an amd laptop that had a ryzen 7 3700u with and rx Vega 10, and that surprisingly lasted for some I still have but my brother uses it but it ran some games very well with somebgames running a little laggy like path of exile but I was able to play, but all in all it was a good laptop for what I was playing. =]

tammlam
Adept I

When I'm planning a PC build, whether it's for me or friends or family, I look for the best performance at a particular price point. That's why I always choose AMD CPUs and Radeon GPUs. Best bang for the buck.

Skardev
Journeyman III

What influenced me was AMD's investment on non-proprietary / open source software technologies, as well as price-and-performance ratio.

jkay6969
Adept I

I have always liked AMD, even way back in the Athlon days, I always respected their value for the performance they provide, especially when up against the bohemoth that is intel and their less than gentlemanly business practices. AMD to me is great value at a good price. I have had my issues with AMD products, early GPU's with poor drivers and the disaster which was Bulldozer but AMD have shown me that is in the past, since ZEN launched I made the decision to have an all RED PC for the first time in decades and I achieved that dream very recently. Ryzen 7 7800X3D paired with a Radeon 7800XT which is the most powerful system I have ever built and I even added RGB to get the beating RED heart effect to make it look as good as it performs. AMD is solid performance per dollar with rock solid drivers that look great and work well  keep up the good work and my next system will be all RED again.

brutcha
Adept I

I am a Linux user, and AMD drivers have been the only valid option for a long time. This may have changed slightly lately, but AMD is still the most trustworthy graphics chip company and excels in designing them.

AMD is always innovating and offers great performance with sufficient VRAM for the price. They don't try to shortchange customers by withholding the latest software features because of not using the newest hardware.

They also make me feel valued as a customer by supporting older hardware and continually improving their products' performance. It's unfortunate that some products haven't launched with better software, as initial reviews don't reflect how great AMD hardware really is.

xxazorkxx
Journeyman III

Hey Sam,

for me the reason to buy AMD products is the high efficiency and big graphic memory paired with reasonable pricing. 

I‘m running all-AMD systems since several years. So far I never regretted my choice. Gaming, video editing and CAD works great with my hardware. 

As I‘m a fan of Sapphire cards i would be happy to build a new system with it 🙂 

Looking forward to future products!

What influences my decision to by an AMD product is unbiased reviews, price to performance ratio, and need/budget.

edgelord
Journeyman III

Hi, I've had a 5600x3d and I've gotta say I love it, I've been wanting to switch to an AMD GPU now from my ancient GTX 1060 as I cannot run any games on it without looking horrible, I've been wanting to switch to an AMD GPU now for the excellent price to performance and with FSR's great quality. thanks!

My decision is based on what works best for my usecase, and in this case Linux support! Great job on AMD for that part.

AMDRex
Journeyman III

It's definitely a price and performance thing for me. AMD has been my go to since 2018 because of those factors.

GOLDENFOXY
Journeyman III

You always manage to undercut Nvidia in price, and well you finally destroyed Intel in the fastest CPU race for the last couple years, on top of all that you give a good amount of Vram for even your counterparts to Nvidia which is awesome, and the fact you didn't destroy trust like Nvidia did to EVGA rest their souls

Toopy
Adept I

Hi!

Im just a massive fan!

LFaWolf
Adept II

I like the price and the look, and better drivers support nowadays.

I'm a huge fan of amd! I buy these products because they are power efficient, and very powerful! I'm only using an AMD CPU right now, but it works great! The cheaper cpus and gpus are usually the go-to for budget builds for me.

Overall, I would way rather buy and amd cpu than buy another brand.

IneptPigeon
Adept I

Mainly price

liatin220
Journeyman III

Price and Performance

mmomega
Journeyman III

What influences your decision to buy an AMD product?

My influence comes from decades of using AMD and Radeon products. 

I wasn't there from day 1 but the AthlonXP and the Athlon64 CPU's and when Half Life 2 released I built an AMDAthlon /ATi Radeon 9800 Pro XT build. 

I took a leave of absence from Radeon for a bit after that but came back on an HD6000 series, then Vega64, even a Radeon VII red anniversary edition. CPU's I was a day 1 Ryzen1700, then 3800X. 

GermanWilhelm
Journeyman III

AMD's higher quality of products is what influences me the most.  I know if I buy from Team Red I will be satisfied with my purchase.  AMD's products last a long time and with out much explanation anyone can understand how much value you get out of your investment. And they look amazing! 

High quality, good looks, great performance, and an awesome price too. 

sashobg
Journeyman III

Price to performance ratio

discoryne
Adept I

Price to performance ratio. Has always been that way since my first rig (2500+ to 3200+ Athlon XP anyone?)

OneShotCS
Journeyman III

Definately the price/performance ratio especially when compared to the competition.

deadbolt
Adept II

Price! Price! Price! All PC components are now over-priced since covid. Which is a bunch of CRAP!!!!!

NewbiePCPlayer
Journeyman III

AMD seems like the brand I might choose to make my first PC. I do not have a PC yet as I am a college student with low funds, but I've been looking up the best performance for the price with the best customer support and it might be AMD from what I can tell. If I do win from AMD I would be so grateful that AMD is looking out for me.

Thank you for the chance!