Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contests and Sweeps

Sam_AMD
Community Manager

Red Team Monthly Sweepstakes: August – Sapphire NITRO+ AMD Radeon RX 7800 XT

2425251_2024_Red_Team_Monthly_Sweepstakes_August_1920x600.jpg

We have another, question for you, Red Team!

What influences your decision to buy an AMD product? (e.g., price, performance, brand or all of the above? Feel free to elaborate.)

To enter the sweepstakes, simply click the reply button and answer the question, that’s it!

For August, a Sapphire NITRO+ AMD Radeon RX 7800 XT GPU is up for grabs!

Good luck, everyone!

The August Sweepstakes Entry Period opens on Thursday, August 1, 2024, at 12:00 P.M. Central Time. Entries must be submitted by Saturday, August 31, 2024, at 12:00 P.M. Central Time. Read the Official Rules for more information and key dates.

Sam
Your biggest fan!
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6800XT
537 Replies
destroyer101
Journeyman III

Hello,

The price to performance of AMD is really appealing. I'm looking to build a desktop after having a laptop for the last 5 years. Nvidia gpus are almost never sold for msrp and so are way to expensive while Intel gpus don't have the performance right now. AMD is the only manufacturer that makes sense when you don't want to waste money. In terms of cpu's intel have been destroying themselves recently so AMD seems like the safer options while now being competitive in gaming performance. The new Ryzen 7 9000 cpu is really efficient and looks like a good option for people looking for an upgrade but don't want to risk an intel cpu.

Also, in terms of engineering watching team red the last decade has been really cool. They have been pushing chip architecture to the limit with their 4nm technology.

Ashy_45
Journeyman III

Hi I have recently gotten into AMD components for my computers because they're way better price to performance when compared to Intel or Nvidea. They are also consistently good with leaps from generation to generation with cpus and gpus unlike Intel or Nvidea.

ChrisHazard
Adept I

I used to go back and forth between Intel and AMD since the 90s and loved my K7, but with Zen, AMD really showed they were the way to go for the future, so since my first Zen CPUs, 2 1700x's, every CPU since then has been AMD and will continue to be AMD, The price to performance is incredible and with X3D for gaming, its no contest for me, I have several full-red team builds and love them 🙂

good luck to everyone!

th3_g33k3d
Adept II

It's as simple as Price and performance.

FrankDasan
Journeyman III

I'm quite new in the PC gaming space so I basically just go for whatever will perform the best in the games I play and can do alright at streaming all for an alright price which I've noticed AMD seems to be the brand to go to for that.

ALT_F4
Journeyman III

I love the AMD's price to quality ratio in addition to its reputable branding.

RagnarSkol
Journeyman III

I have used AMD CPUs for all of my builds.  For me it is the best price to performance.  I have never had any problems with AMD CPUs so far.  I have not yet used AMD GPUs, but have been keeping an eye on them lately.  Their performance seems to be matching the green guys a lot better than before.  It would be great to try out a 7800 in my system.

nuclearfarmboy
Journeyman III

I think AMD has a much better value proposition in terms of performance for the price! I can build a great system with great support and brand recognition without having to break the bank!

jrtward
Journeyman III

All of the above is the easy answer, but of them I would say performance and reliability.  The price does of course help.  And the constant tweaking and improving you products to keep them up to date.

KiraUsagi
Adept I

I have been an AMD user since a friend showed me his build using an Athlon 64 3200+ October 2003. Clock speeds since then has greatly increased, but as a person who relies on my graphics out put for both gaming and work, power draw, price, and reliability is what AMD gives me.  

I'm currently running an AMD Radeon RX 7800 XT for graphics and AMD Ryzen 9 7900X mounted on a ROG STRIX X670E-E motherboard.  AMD over the years from 03' till today in every build has lasted and treated me well. Running my AutoCad, Corel, and Embroidery Digitizing software with out any issues or draw back.

I would recommend and lead by example when it comes to AMD. Thanks

Dayz
Journeyman III

I have AMD Ryzen 7 7700x and Radeon RX 6950 XT, and it has change my life. I love the performance, you get what you pay for--its lovely :}

rdenmon
Challenger

I like the quality and performance- but the most important reason probably at this point is brand loyalty.

I built my first PC last year and I an AMD build with a ryzen 5600g and an rx580 gpu. I have had no issues at all except for some operator errors. Everything has run smoothly. Would definetly recommend AMD builds and products. I will actually be working on my next build soon with the Ryzen 7700x and an RX 7700 XT gpu.

ndmorespd
Journeyman III

Cost Benefit analysis, or to be concise: More Bang for my Buck!

AyyItzAiden
Adept I

While I don’t have a pc currently, I have been looking into mainly AMD products due to the price to performance. FSR seems to be making big strides over time as well.

engininja
Adept I

It's price and performance and also ends up being brand. Some brands/SKUs of a GPU model run cooler and quieter than others which is a good thing. But a higher price to achieve that only works until a certain point. Some manufacturers seem to think their brand alone is worth a massive price premium compared to their competitors' sale prices.

I always bought because AMD always had the best price to performance when it comes to cpu and motherboard. Long term supoport and reliability is something I always depended on so I am in the AM4 platform with lots of support and processors if I want to upgrde and say on AM4 or go to AM5 when this pc is too slow. With the current Intel 13 and 14th gen higher end processors degrading, my next upgrade path for sure will be to AM5 to the 7800X3D when the time is right.

Montagyuu
Adept I

I've been using Radeon graphics with Mesa since 2008, and I very much appreciate all AMD has done to nurture open source drivers since then. The quality of the resulting drivers is why I've continued buying Radeon graphics to this day.

Although I would like to see ROCm get to the point where it can be more easily packaged for distributions that aren't RHEL or Ubuntu LTS's.

Ryzen 7 5700X | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6700 XT | 2x16 GB DDR4-3600 | Debian GNU / Linux

GreatnessRD
Miniboss

Price to performance will always be king in the household of Greatness. So far through my decade DIY journey, AMD has held the crown for me. Hopefully, they'll also have that crown when I move up to the Enthusiast level class.

Leonidas - Ryzen 7 5800X3D | MBA RX 6800 XT Midnight Black | Be Quiet 802 Silent Base (Main)
Maximus - Ryzen 7 3700x | Power Color Fighter RX 6700 XT | Fractal Ridge ITX Case (HTPC)
user00
Adept II

All of the above.  I love my 7900xtx, but am building another one and it's down to the video card.  I'm hoping soon that the video product line will have the same best-in-class offerings as the CPU line.  Fortunately, I do have time to see what pans out.

Good luck to everyone!

j3rrym
Journeyman III

What influences your decision to buy an AMD product?

Price, support, quality of product mostly. I've made around 3 AMD machines for family and friends this past year. And have had 0 complaints but praises on the awesome products AMD makes ♥

Ever since I can remember I've had an AMD product since I was a child. back in 2020 I finally decided to get back into the PC realm and built an entire Team Red build with the Ryzen 3600x paired with a XFX Radeon Rx570. Now I am running a Ryzen 5900x paired with a XFX Radeon Rx6700xt. 

So now I've been eyeing to move to the AM5 platform, Rx7800xt in fact is the GPU I wanted with the upgrade and to win this half my battle is done and I'll spend the $600-$700 to get a 7800x3D with an ASUS TUF X670E MOBO. If I don't win this GPU I'll definitely spend the $1200 total to be on the AM5 platform with such a great GPU! 

AMD has always put 100% effort into Price and Performance, which is exactly what I look for in all my systems, either that be for office, gaming, or content creation. My kids wanted an AMD system so I built everyone in the house an AMD system. AMD is family in my honest opinion and AMD has taught me as well as influenced me to get into the IT field as a computer technician.

Good luck everyone! 

Guy
I'm one of the biggest AMD fans out here.
CPU: 5900x GPU: XFX Radeon Rx6700xt

sreg036
Adept I

Combination of price & performance.

Mov_
Journeyman III

I chose to buy AMD products because of the price and performance that they offer.

ibillion
Adept I

Both price and performance influence my decision for buying AMD products.

DaFunk
Adept III

I've been die hard AMD since I built my first PC back in the 90's. At the time, it was mostly due to the price. Now it's more so the performance to cost ratio and overall I just don't like what Nvidia is doing as a company so I don't like to support them. I also use an AMD CPU and the GPU and CPU combo from AMD has some extra perks like SAM that just work well together. AMD all the way!

AMD Enthusiast
0 Likes
spicecore
Adept II

Price + performance 

slylego
Journeyman III

Initially what got me into AMD is the price to performance ratio. Also I'm a fan of the updates that AMD gives it drivers always adding new features to make your purchase last longer like AFMF. I'm currently am gaming at 1080p and am hoping to upgrade to 1440p soon! 

Bmacek01
Adept I

I've used AMD CPU's exclusively since my K6-2 450.

I value performance per dollar and AMD has usually stayed ahead of Intel.

I've gone both ways on GPU's.  I'm with AMD at the moment because they provide simple, reliable rasterization performance at a better price point.  I don't put much value on ray tracing or proprietary gimmicks.

After the Nvidia 12v power connecter mess, and skimpy mid-tier VRAM offerings, I won't even touch their 4000-series.

toxicengel
Adept II

Price and performance have the biggest influence on my decision.

ASUS TUF Gaming X570 PRO (WiFi), Ryzen 5800X, Radeon 6600XT, G.Skill F4-3600C16D-32GTZN, Samsung 990 Pro 1TB Heatsink (BOOT), WD_BLACK SN770 500GB, Crucial MX500 1TB, EVGA SuperNova 850GT, Noctua NH-U12A, ASUS GT301 case, Noctua NF-A14 & A12x25, Windows 11(current stable).
Key-J
Paragon

Honestly, for me it used to be price and performance - but now its the people behind AMD and how it stands for consumers and gamers that makes me choose Red over Green and Blue.

----------
**Canadian Gamer & Father - www.twitch.tv/AFKidsGaming** - Live Wed & Fri at 8:00pm PST - Come join!
BlueWolf
Adept I

I read and watch all the reviews I can find and then just go with the best performance in my budget.

johns_wikiii
Adept I

Wow, the Red Team Monthly Sweepstakes for August featuring the Sapphire NITRO+ AMD Radeon RX 7800 XT sounds amazing! This is a fantastic opportunity to win a high-performance graphics card. Good luck to everyone participating!

Funifinclassic
Journeyman III

The value that is offered is insane! Honestly who doesn’t love being able to stretcher their budget that much father and get a quality product. 

I have a Sapphire RX 580 that's been my daily driver for over 7 years now and it's completely changed my outlook on PCs. It's made me prioritize reliability and performance, I've never had a hardware issue and it's a massive relief. Tinkering can be fun but there's nothing that beats dependability.

TR2
Adept III

Well I started with the K5 and then the K6-2 so I have been with them for a long time. AMD started out more of a hobbyist company at first. They were taking on Intel and IBM at the time and kind of not worrying if they would get there, but when they would get there. They made tech affordable to anyone with the DIY attitude and they got third party support at a pretty good rate. AMD gives you the biggest bang for your buck in most instances.

Anthoering
Adept II

I like AMD processors.  I think they're engineered better.

ProgramRam
Journeyman III

AMD is the best!

I run Linux as my primary OS, and AMD is definitely the way to go.

AMD offers fair prices, and their "low-end" CPUs still perform extremely well.

Thanks AMD!

SnakeWthAHat
Journeyman III

I really love the AMD software. It makes everything nice to look at and easy to do. That, combined with competitive price to performance on basically all AMD cards, makes it a no brainer for me to go full AMD.

thomaselliott
Journeyman III

Power Utilization vs Performance, cooling technologies and noise are the primary points followed by Support for selecting a product.  Historically, I guess you could say that Sapphire has ranked most frequently purchased and I have only been disappointed once and it was a manufacturing defect that was resolved promptly.