Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contests and Sweeps

Sam_AMD
Community Manager

Red Team Monthly Sweepstakes: August – Sapphire NITRO+ AMD Radeon RX 7800 XT

2425251_2024_Red_Team_Monthly_Sweepstakes_August_1920x600.jpg

We have another, question for you, Red Team!

What influences your decision to buy an AMD product? (e.g., price, performance, brand or all of the above? Feel free to elaborate.)

To enter the sweepstakes, simply click the reply button and answer the question, that’s it!

For August, a Sapphire NITRO+ AMD Radeon RX 7800 XT GPU is up for grabs!

Good luck, everyone!

The August Sweepstakes Entry Period opens on Thursday, August 1, 2024, at 12:00 P.M. Central Time. Entries must be submitted by Saturday, August 31, 2024, at 12:00 P.M. Central Time. Read the Official Rules for more information and key dates.

Sam
Your biggest fan!
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6800XT
485 Replies
Jesse_73_
Journeyman III

Performance to price ratio is of the charts.

i’ve had both intel and amd for comparison and amd ended up in my personal build. 

0 Likes
The-Zealander
Journeyman III

I don't like NVidia anymore, I try to avoid them as much as possible. AMD is the only obvious choice rn when it comes to good powerful GPU's as Intel hasn't released a high-end card yet. only low and low-midrange cards. 
I also like having having both AMD CPU and GPU. 

0 Likes
Trajan_UK
Journeyman III

I have been using different versions of an AMD GPU for over a decade. Reliable and pricing are the main two factors for me. Not only that but I have been lucky with drivers over that period and rarely suffered from any issues that needed me to choose an alternative driver.

The latest AFMF2 Preview driver being the exception, but not given up on that cause yet !

0 Likes
flightwise92
Journeyman III

Great prices, great products. Winning this would be a game changer, literally. 

0 Likes
Spy19
Journeyman III

Arguments of reason, simply what is better must be admitted, the competition is getting weaker now! AMD is the better choice in everything! I say this as an int fan (I was)

0 Likes
bwest60
Adept II

Just like me a lot of people are still running AM4 and by the time I go to the current it will be the next generation out. But with the News about Intel CPU's I will still be an AMD fan.

I'd say it's a mix of everything, the main thing is definitely price to performance though which amd does way better than competition, that's why I always buy amd 😄

nekketsu
Journeyman III

Best price and performance are what I'm looking for. 

I bought a Ryzen 5800X as an upgrade to my 2700X for my gaming and streaming Rig. At the time it seemed like the best CPU for gaming and handling multi tasking for the money. Little did I know the 5800X3D would come out months later. Still I am super happy with my purchase. Gaming in 1440p streaming at 1080p with everything running on my 1 PC setup.

johnskyyi
Journeyman III

The price and the rise of quality!!

0 Likes
Tacrad
Journeyman III

For me it's mostly price and performance that make up most of my acquisition decisions. The brand only really comes into play when I'm considering the reputation of said brand. I'm willing to compromise on price and/or performance a bit to go with a brand that hasn't gone out of its way to be "evil" too recently/much.

0 Likes
redeemer_xyz
Adept II

It is always a bit of a layered decision making process for me:

1. PERFORMANCE: What is my current system unable to do or unable to do well so much so that I need to find another product to solve. (In this case, smooth gameplay of the latest game and modern stream encoding features). After I determine this, I look to see what AMD offers to address this.

2. PRICE: Determine the price range high and low on potential products for the solution. It is much easier to find the low vs the high as the supply and demand issues we've faced the last few years make the highs in most cases absurd. If the price to address the performance issue is fair, I continue this process.

3. REVIEWS: Cross referencing reviews to try and eliminate as much marketing and gimmicky messaging about the products and get down to the benchmarks and features that actually perform. Sometimes this is educational if I don't already clearly know what solution I need. If the product is older, then I would also look for negative reviews to determine if there are legitimate concerns exposed over time.

4. BRAND: The review process would help narrow down the performance target and brand of products within the price range I am interested in. If I have positive past experience with the brand, I would proceed with the purchase. If I haven't used the brand before, I look for more opinions on the brand's other products to see if they will be hit or miss. If I've had a negative experience with that brand, I don't usually give them another chance (unless they have a monopoly lol) and would adjust my performance/price decision to other potential candidates discussed in reviews.

That's generally my process for most things.

0 Likes
audalics
Adept I

Mostly performance and reviews but if the price is abnormal that could influence my decision making.

0 Likes
PobcornKing
Journeyman III

It's nice to be able to buy CPUs and GPUs that are just as good (if not better) than competitors for less money.
And team red just sounds cooler too.

0 Likes
leecope3
Adept I

always gone AMD because of price to performance,

akshayan
Adept I

I buy AMD products because of the price and performance!

0 Likes
homebros
Journeyman III

I definitely enjoy the performance, as most other components from other brands have given me issues. Furthermore, seeing the intense increase in team red's performance and reliability over the last five years has only solidified my want to choose those products. Further support and assistance has also been incredible; where there has been little delay in response time and always willing to work with or assist in any issues that have come up (which are few and far between anyways).

0 Likes
aiaiaiai
Journeyman III

Will always be looking at price/performance first. Usually will check reviews + benchmarks when a new gen comes out.

However brand gets a bump too as my first ryzen -- r5 3600 -- has treated me pretty well so far 😛

Oh and intel's cpus recent problems hasn't helped them. Though I hadn't purchased any myself regardless

0 Likes
Sambamf
Journeyman III

I got my first PC with AMD and it never let me down! Always reliable after years of daily use in gaming and "basic" pc usage. Never had a problem with it, and made my decision when upgrading to stick with AMD and pass on the AMD love to my son who is loving his first PC!

0 Likes
AlbertS4124
Journeyman III

When I built my first computer, I purchased a Ryzen 5 3400G and an MSI RX 570 8GB OC. This was due to one reason; affordability. When I visited my local retailer MemoryExpress, I saw AMD CPU's offered significantly more performance (alongside power efficency and therefore lower heat output) in addition to a significantly better price compared to it's competetors. By purchasing a new AMD Cpu instead of a used competetors CPU, I was able to get warranty and a discount for an accompanying motherboard. As for my graphics card, I wanted the best value GPU with 8GB+ of Video Memory- when I found the MSI RX 570 8GB OC for less than $200 CAD.  This graphics card served me well for almost 5-years until I upgraded and was literally silent (something that cannot be said for most Nvidia graphics cards I've used).

With this combo, I managed to get a strong computer for my budget which I enjoyed for years to come without the need to upgrade! To this day, I use a Ryzen 7 5800X for my professional workloads (Premiere Pro, Lightroom, Blender, and ofcourse gaming 90% of the time). AMD has stood out for it's focus on efficency, performance, value and above all else- build quality.

0 Likes
youbeendustd
Journeyman III

I like the price to performance ratio. 

0 Likes
Gabe7125
Journeyman III

I just really don't like team green personally my whole set up is red

0 Likes
mux1
Journeyman III

All of the above but HEAVY on the price to performance love my amd cpu and gpu powered rig. 

0 Likes
mux1
Journeyman III

All of the above but really like the price to performance and I love my amd cpu and gpu powered rig.

I choose AMD because of the price per performance. I like using raw performance for GPU because ray tracing is not for me. 

phobosdeimos
Journeyman III

In the UK we always go for the underdog and AMD have long been the David to Intel's/Nvidia's Goliath. AMD have owned that role by punch above their proverbial weight, be it in performance, quality, or price. I've loved every AMD product I've owned and will continue to prefer them even as they take their place among the top league of hardware companies. 

ILoveSchnitzel
Journeyman III

Hello,

I use AMD because it is more energy efficient and better for gaming. Especially price to performance. I had a Ryzen 3600 and upgraded to a Ryzen 5600, and put the old one in another computer and I have the AMD Radeon 5700XT as a graphics card.

If I had the graphics card I would buy a new CPU from the new generation. Because I develop games in Unreal Engine and it would definitely save me a lot of lag and waiting times.

I will always buy AMD especially with the recent problems with Intel's CPUs which have not helped them.

Have a nice day.

0 Likes
cpurpe91
Volunteer Moderator

My purchase choices are influenced by a few factors.

1. The most important is price to performance, or frames per dollar.
  2. The second is affordability.
  3. The third factor is the over all quality of the product, which is usually mentioned in reviews. 

I do my best to find the best over all parts for their price bracket and try to keep my PC around higher mid tier.

Ryzen 7 7700X, MSI MAG X670E Tomahawk Wifi, Corsair DOMINATOR® TITANIUM RGB 2x16GB DDR5 DRAM 6000MT/s CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT, Corsair HX Series™ HX1000, Corsair MP600 PRO NH 4TB
simonsaysde
Journeyman III

My decision to buy any computer part is driven by both price and performance or to be more precise the price/performance ratio.

And my journey with AMD-parts has been a long one so far, with heights and lows. I am looking forward to an interesting and long future way to go together!

Sometimes expectations were met (Athlon 2400), sometimes I got more than I initially estimated (7870) and sometimes it was a mixture of both (6500XT).

0 Likes

Combination of price, performance, and reliability. 

P4nda
Journeyman III

Always been using AMD, best price to performance, great community.

CPU: 7600X

GPU: cheap 1660 Super

ttownscott
Adept I

Now that I have used AMD on my current build. It is the Adrenaline software. 

0 Likes
Lexcyn
Adept I

For me the energy efficiency of the CPU compared to other brands on desktop is the deciding factor, since you can get better performance with less power used!

Jeff5237
Journeyman III

Price, Performance and Brand all are a part of my purchasing decision when it comes to graphics cards. The budget for the build, the reliability of the brand and the performance level of the card are all important factors to consider.

IronspiderMCU
Journeyman III

I’m a new builder who did lots of research and found the Red Team (AMD) was the best choice. I was on a budget and AMD got me what I needed for my budget I got the AMD Ryzen 8700g for its integrated graphics because I couldn’t afford a gpu and it has done amazing so far and I really love all AMD products and am hoping to get a Radeon gpu in the future or maybe win one!

Craftybrody09
Journeyman III

Hi!

I’m a less experienced builder, and I’m a huge fan of AMD. Even with less experience I know that AMD is the way to go. My first ever build had an rx580 and ryzen 7. Since then, I’ve always stuck with an amd cpu because the price and performance are just the best, especially now. I just recently got an upgrade to a ryzen 9 7950x3d because it’s in my opinion, the best cpu ever made for gaming I love it and would make that decision again any day. Overall, I’m a huge lifelong fan of AMD alongside my dad and love the brand! Thanks for everything you’ve created over the years and for being my pick for pc builds!

zeep_123
Adept I

Reviews, price, and performance. They’re all amazing things about AMD.

TheRedDuck
Adept I

Price to performance is king for amd, Drivers and UI is also very good, and the fact that i can have both an AMD CPU and GPU just kind of feels right. The reference edition cards also look incredible!

Nivek007
Adept I

In my experience faster, more robust, and most important easily upgradeable.

RagingRaptor
Journeyman III

I buy AMD because time and time again, it's no contest from nvidia for value. Radeon ages better, is better price/performance, and has excellent, easily-tunable drivers. I've been using them from my 1st descrete GPU.. an R9 290  from there I went > Rx 580 > Vega 56 > 5700XT > 6900XT. AMD should be paying me for how much I advocate for their products!

As for CPUs.. Ryzen doesn't have a tendency to break my chip EXPLODE.