Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contests and Sweeps

Sam_AMD
Community Manager

Red Team Monthly Sweepstakes: August – Sapphire NITRO+ AMD Radeon RX 7800 XT

2425251_2024_Red_Team_Monthly_Sweepstakes_August_1920x600.jpg

We have another, question for you, Red Team!

What influences your decision to buy an AMD product? (e.g., price, performance, brand or all of the above? Feel free to elaborate.)

To enter the sweepstakes, simply click the reply button and answer the question, that’s it!

For August, a Sapphire NITRO+ AMD Radeon RX 7800 XT GPU is up for grabs!

Good luck, everyone!

The August Sweepstakes Entry Period opens on Thursday, August 1, 2024, at 12:00 P.M. Central Time. Entries must be submitted by Saturday, August 31, 2024, at 12:00 P.M. Central Time. Read the Official Rules for more information and key dates.

Sam
Your biggest fan!
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6800XT
537 Replies
walking_corpse
Challenger

Performance, and the best compatibility for Linux. 

pyrotiger
Adept I

The pricing of the AMD products that I own are always reasonable. The latest generation was a bit steep but that is understandable against Nvidia's pricing structure. 

I have always come to have faith in the stability of these products offered by AMD and living up to their promises.

0 Likes
Aapje
Adept I

The balance between price and performance matters most for me. Brand is not that important.

0 Likes
joshms
Adept I

Price and Performance

0 Likes
zucc
Adept I

Definitely the price for performance you get compared to nvidia

0 Likes
judas
Adept I

Budget first, then performance to dollar value, and then featureset.

0 Likes
Chris1777a
Journeyman III

I was building a new computer and had originally planned to go Nvidia but after doing some research I chose to go with AMD as the price to performance seemed to be much more worthwhile and I am very happy with my choice.

0 Likes
Marenjii
Adept I

Price is my greatest motivator. Need money left over to buy games after all xD.

0 Likes
sadtherobot
Adept I

Performance would be at the top, followed by price. However, this assumes stability. Being an early adopter on some recent platforms was a bit rough, but I can say that after various updates, everything has been working incredibly well lately. Don't let marketing drive product launches, as this forces things to get released with major known issues, which taint all early reviews and impressions.

0 Likes
engrdal
Journeyman III

BIG AMD fan! Price, quality, & performance all have a role in my decision-making. You can't beat the price but that don't mean the quality and performance are also low as well. 

0 Likes
KaijuSalmons
Journeyman III

Price to Performance is the big go better here for me, when it comes to gaming the rasterized performance is exactly what I'm looking for.

0 Likes
dnehiba3
Adept II

price/performance and your are not Nvidia

0 Likes
kurumugicha
Journeyman III

Linux Support. I don't use windows, and AMD  is all in on doing it right.

cosmomeese
Adept I

Quality (otherwise a product gets screened out), and then maximize performance/unit price.

0 Likes
brendanteske
Journeyman III

What influences your decision to buy an AMD product? (e.g., price, performance, brand or all of the above? Feel free to elaborate.)

I always consider the performance over the price. The brand doesn't mean anything to me really. I have found that AMD has been matching Intel/NVidia over the past several years if not even out performing them in some cases. This, along with the fact that their prices are much better for budget PCs or top tier for that matter is a great way to spend my hard earned money.

0 Likes
mouk3y
Journeyman III

Linux support, use of open source software, solid drivers, console gaming love and best bang for the buck!

Canyonsedge
Adept I

From the processor side of things, Threadripper has all the boxes checked for the parallelism work that I dabble in. Its not always about how fast, but how much can get done at one time. I do not have much experience with the AMD GPUs it seems all of the edge AI accelerators used to be written with intel compatibility in mind.  That looks to be changing so we will see what's just over the horizon. I really like the work being done with the infinity fabric bridges, might need to switch over fully on the next upgrade cycle. 

manacloud
Adept I

Definitely price and performance, If i can find the medium price point and get my moneys worth and use the amd product for what I need to do then its perfect. Personally I am a digital artist so the more cores would benefit me greatly so I would go for a mid or a upper price point cpu. 

Narsia
Journeyman III

Supporting open source and quick response to quality issue that can impact customer are key influences that make me choose AMD over other. System for productivity need to be trustworthy, and AMD delivers.

Aniket1010
Journeyman III

Just built a complete AMD PC (My Dream Pc) with Amd Ryzen 9 7900X 3D processor and the reasons I thought to build a AMD product is not only its price, performance but also for the fact that it's a future proof and we'll advanced processor...Thankyou AMD 

Aniket.A

Your Biggest Fan & Forever ❤️

Night1
Journeyman III

I can only say my experience with AMD got me to build an full AMD based system.

I had an old AMD Laptop wich gave up lately and i had to buy an system, and as I had very good experience using my old laptop I went with AMD with the build, and also i needed something fast and cheap and the Ryzen 5 5600G was an pretty good option to take and then after a year i bought RX6600 and so far i have the best experience i could have if i compare it to my friends and family.

i like AMD for the innovation. Without AMD we would all be stuck with low core, high voltage, over priced products. AMD is forward thinking. 

Huycasegoodidea
Journeyman III

Of course all of the above

MustangFishing
Journeyman III

My biggest selling point is by far price. After that performance. If something performs better with a better price to performance ratio I always go that way. The best bang for the buck. 

Flame2111
Journeyman III

Personally, I really like the performance of AMD, as it delivers the most performance for gaming and rendering. The price-to-performance ratio is also very good, as it isn't overly expensive and is often better than Nvidia or Intel.

AMD is very user-friendly, with straightforward drivers and system updates. I have never had any issues with my computer crashing when using AMD products.

I'm an AMD fan, using the following components:

• Ryzen 3400G
  • RX 580 8GB
  • Ryzen 7 7800X3D
  • RX 7900 GRE (I'm a big fan of this GPU)

TBH
Adept I

What influences my decision, is that i have less problems with them than other brands. I aslo find them easy to use, upgrade etc.

0 Likes
ectartartar1995
Journeyman III

Being a college student I am on a budget. Price matters the most to me. As long as the performance is decent enough to play modern games and do school work I am happy.

vincentdallura
Journeyman III

1) Of course price, promotions and sales usually catch my eye rather than "I'm going to get this exact make and model processor, RAM stick, graphics card, etc."

2) One thing I enjoy about AMD processors is that they have better multi-thread performance so I keep that in mind if I'm trying to make a work computer

3) Ratings are huge in my opinion when I'm selecting anything when shopping online. If Newegg customers continuously say "This processor is worth it", then I'm more likely to get that processor compared to the one that keeps having performance issues or the shipping arrives mangled

0 Likes
ghost13
Adept III

Hello

What influences your decision to buy an AMD product?

Freesync Monitor and i am a long time Radeon user and community member. We solved many problems and had or have good conversations. AMD's Open Source commitment is also something that is essential to buy AMD Products. Thank you!

My Sapphire Vega 64 has it's best days behind it... Would be Awesome : )

Good luck to all of you Red Teamers!

S@M
0 Likes
JCTango
Adept II

For me it's all about value.  AMD products deliver top tier performance at an affordable and reasonable price.

0 Likes
Glitxh
Journeyman III

What influences my decision to buy an AMD product is the price to performance of amd products, you get amazing performance for the money you're spending, my ryzen 7 never lets me down!

0 Likes
CydrosElite
Journeyman III

Honestly, The price-to-Performance really gets me, especially with low income, getting good performance is hard to come by. The fact that the marketing of other companies leaves some things to be desired also influences my decision to buy AMD.

0 Likes
BananaBean
Adept I

The price and performance, I feel like I am getting the best bang for my buck compared to the others.

0 Likes
Lazar1525
Journeyman III

For me, buying AMD for the cpu is all about the best performance, while GPU wise it is about value / price to performance. 

Thank you!

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600xt

0 Likes
overcrs
Adept I

I made my first custom rig with all AMD parts, after previously being on Intel/NVIDIA, and I have to say I have no regrets i love my 5800X3D, and my RX 6800 but I'm looking for the chance at a new GPU the performance is great on these devices and I wouldn't change it for the world. Price to performance is pretty good

표퓋푒퓇풸퓇퓈
0 Likes
Rimeforged
Adept I

In my opinion, AMD's price to performance ratio is a big reason for me to choose AMD over intel or NVIDIA when I am looking at buying a CPU or GPU. On the GPU side, I prefer rasterization performance over ray-tracing (RT) because RT takes up too much power, and to get an acceptable fps without upscalers in RT at 1440p, I would need to spend $1000 cad or more. On the CPU side, I mainly use my PC to play fps games (e.g. CS2), so the X3D chips are a much better choice over intel. Moreover, with the recent intel issues, I wouldn't even go near intel.

0 Likes
PUT3R
Journeyman III

Price and Performance are unbeatable. Brilliant product.

0 Likes

I enjoy having a good performance for the price I pay for my products. I enjoy being able to rely on them to not fail.

0 Likes
niffolast
Adept I

A mix of price and performance

0 Likes
TheeBHobbit
Adept I

The price to performance ratio. Always beats the competition.

0 Likes