Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contests and Sweeps

Sam_AMD
Community Manager

Red Team Monthly Sweepstakes: August – Sapphire NITRO+ AMD Radeon RX 7800 XT

2425251_2024_Red_Team_Monthly_Sweepstakes_August_1920x600.jpg

We have another, question for you, Red Team!

What influences your decision to buy an AMD product? (e.g., price, performance, brand or all of the above? Feel free to elaborate.)

To enter the sweepstakes, simply click the reply button and answer the question, that’s it!

For August, a Sapphire NITRO+ AMD Radeon RX 7800 XT GPU is up for grabs!

Good luck, everyone!

The August Sweepstakes Entry Period opens on Thursday, August 1, 2024, at 12:00 P.M. Central Time. Entries must be submitted by Saturday, August 31, 2024, at 12:00 P.M. Central Time. Read the Official Rules for more information and key dates.

Sam
Your biggest fan!
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6800XT
537 Replies
zero_x1
Adept II

Price and performance.

TheRealFame
Adept II

Price to performance! As well as how good it's 3d graphics is, As while game developing. I need the best performance I can get without making myself go broke!

Messiah Oliver

What influences my decision to buy AMD?  For what seems like forever at this point, AMD has been the "best for your buck" option on the market and even as the performance has improved generation over generation, narrowing the gap between AMD and their competitors, the prices have remained fairly consistent in being excellent value for the money.  Buying AMD, especially these days, I don't feel like I'm compromising to save money, rather, I'm just getting great performance at a really good price.

Where AMD GPUs are concerned, I have to say, I feel like both Sapphire and PowerColor have been absolutely killing it with some solid cooling, excellent reliability, and top notch customer service (in those rare instances where it's needed), and those are both exclusively AMD partners.  So, in addition to getting that stellar price to performance, I just feel way more comfortable and confident buying an AMD GPU because of the quality associated with those partner brands.

And when it comes to CPUs/motherboards, I appreciate AMD's commitment to supporting motherboards beyond just a single generation of CPUs.  If I had to buy a new motherboard every time I wanted to upgrade my CPU...well, I'd either upgrade way less often or I'd start considering AMD's competitor.  And, honestly, I just appreciate the reduction of e-waste afforded by being able to keep a motherboard across multiple generations.  It's a small thing, but it really matters.

Price, performance, and needs are important factors as well. 

leks_
Adept I

I like red color.

Nitro948
Adept I

I want the greatest amount of performance. My favorite experience is looking at sales or discounts on high performance, high cost, AMD products. This is when I am very excited, and when I want to upgrade! For GPUs, I want higher FPS, and I want higher 1% low FPS (99th% FPS) preferably with a tweakable BIOS. For CPUs, I want more technology for power saving (to cool the room), more technology for creating smooth gameplay, and more technology for overclocking and stability. I want to be able to adjust a power plan or the BIOS to change core performance, or power saving, while I improve my benchmarks. 

anhphu
Adept I

First, AMD's performance is relatively competitive in its price range. I wouldn't say the most competitive in its price range, at least in my country's market, but perfect for my usage purposes.
Second, I love AMD for their technological innovations. And more importantly, it's the love for a brand and for the leader, Ms. Lisa ❤️

Kuzchuisen
Journeyman III

Two months ago I decided that I wanted to build a new PC for both gaming and productivity. I really wanted to try Lies of P as a fan of souls saga. I found a good deal and I got a 6800xt + Lies of P and Starfield.

Mooncatt
Adept II

Price to performance without focusing as much on gimmicks and AI.

deyelive
Adept II

I love purchasing AMD products because they offer exceptional ease of use on Linux. AMD’s commitment to open-source drivers ensures seamless integration and excellent performance right out of the box. Whether it’s the latest Radeon graphics cards or Ryzen processors, AMD’s hardware is consistently supported by the Linux community, making setup and updates hassle-free. Plus, their regular driver updates and broad compatibility with various Linux distributions mean I can enjoy a smooth and reliable computing experience without the usual headaches.

bvmcdaniel
Adept I

I look for price and performance. I believe AMD offers a lot of "bang for the buck" with its CPUs and GPUs. I have 7800X3D and 7900XTX that perform way above what I need, and together didn't cost me what I could have spent on a similar performing Intel and NVIDIA combo.

NorthChaos
Adept I

Price and performance, ideally a sweet spot where I wouldn't have to replace the part in 3-4 years.

juststew
Adept II

What influences my decision to buy an AMD product is the price and performance. I have always preferred AMD CPUs in my systems that I have built. I now am trying out the AMD GPUs. I currently have a Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 6800 XT SE that I am using to play my games with. I am happy with performance in games such as Cyberpunk 2077. 

HaldunBucak
Journeyman III

Right now biggest influences are that CPU competitors sell you oxidized CPU's that draw 200W more than AMD's top performers, and GPU competitors make my bank account cry. Simply put, nothing beats AMD in terms of price/performance, and they produce reliable products.

gabrielpike
Adept II

What influences your decision to buy an AMD product? 

I think AMD is the best price to performance.

lakewood999
Journeyman III

Usually price and performance. For my next server-type build, I am considering the unofficial ECC support for Ryzen consumer parts for a relatively affordable build while still having the data integrity ECC can provide.

LED_LOBOTOMY11
Journeyman III

Hands down it's the price to performance, you truly can't beat AMD when it comes to what you get for the price!

Aquatix
Journeyman III

Stability, product performance, and price! Those three things, combined with the overall quality of its products, is why I chose AMD this time around. Cheers to everyone!

Gab_263
Journeyman III

I buy AMD for price to performance. I've never had any issues with them so I'm not planning to switch any time soon. I don't think I ever will switch. I love my CPU and GPU and have never had any issues with them. Thank you for the giveaway!

Maltrap
Adept I

What influences me to buy an AMD product is the brand and Price to performance I also just love amd I've always grown up with an AMD cpu or gpu so I've gotten to see how they perform and how cheap they are and It's pretty nice being able to have a good performance card for a decent price so I just have loved amd for it 

0 Likes

What influences me most to buy an AMD Product? Honestly, the AMD CPUs I have used so far have been extremely reliable and perform really well for their price point. Stability has gotten super good and I definitely recommend them to everyone who asks.

As for the Graphics cards, I honestly dont have an opinion on them as I havent used an AMD Graphics card yet.

0 Likes
BobaPea
Journeyman III

I like the performance and how long the CPUs and GPUs are supported through software and the socket. AM4 our beloved

0 Likes
devilarrow3280
Journeyman III

I usually buy AMD ,for a few good reasons.

I buy to Reliability of the products

I buy because of the seamless compatability

I buy Usually due to the fact that price to performance is better than alternative

I like that AMD is better due to not being locked behind proprietary connectors

0 Likes
evangelion76
Adept I

All the above. Price, performance, brand, warranty and independent reviews.

0 Likes
saintrobyn
Journeyman III

I pick AMD products because of their stability. They tend to work better for my needs than the competition. 

0 Likes
Shmooey22
Journeyman III

After switching to a full AMD build a few years ago I've had not only better performance but also better stability. For me it's just been an all around better experience using AMD products.

0 Likes
MessiThyGod1027
Journeyman III

AMD IS GODLIKE!!! best performance ive had since i moved from nvidia

0 Likes
Floobus
Adept I

The main thing I'm looking for when buying computer hardware products is the price to performance ratio. I love how fairly priced AMD's products are and I've had nothing but an amazing gaming experience. I bought a Ryzen 7 7700x back in December and currently have it paired with a 6650xt. 

0 Likes
Filourout
Adept I

Vram, Price, performance, look, sam, brand, etc.

0 Likes
DaFinn
Adept I

It's always been the price to performance. Even all the way back with the first generation of Athlon slot CPUs. (Yes, I'm old lol)

I've had less than half as many Intel computers in my life due to the cost vs AMD. No regrets at all 😁

0 Likes
Dannyboy3210
Adept II

Price/performance.

As to what brands I go with... That depends on those that have/haven't done things that irritate in the past (whether via action or inaction or via policy).

0 Likes
Kakudiego
Journeyman III

For me the main factor is the price, how much I have to invest. I compare the price and performance against NVIDIA, but AMD always wins!

0 Likes
autoexec04
Adept II

Most influenced by performance, then price... combined with stability/reliability, too! 🙂

0 Likes
NeedlessLime
Journeyman III

All of the above, and I think the price to performance of AMD is incredible compared to other brands.

0 Likes
kevccc
Adept I

Great performance and great price

0 Likes
Dexter9
Adept I

The price to performance ratio is my primary driving factor when choosing to purchase AMD. This led me to my decision a while back to purchase the RX 6950 XT shortly after the 7000 series GPUs were released. I built my PC primarily for gaming, and when comparing AMD GPUs with competitor's offerings I found that AMD provided the most value for my use case.

Ryzen 7 5800X

XFX RX 6950 XT

0 Likes
Kbl1991
Adept I

What influences me is the price to performance ratio. Not to mention that I don't agree with the competitions business practices. But AMD products seem underrated more often than not.

0 Likes

Price performance features

0 Likes
Rivenscryr
Adept I

Generally, the reason I'd buy an AMD product is the value it offers in terms of price for performance! It's good to have good quality products that are still relatively affordable.

0 Likes
SkittlePotato
Journeyman III

Personally i would go with amd for the price to performance, you can get great deals for the cost you play , and the only better feature nvidia has is dlss and ray tracing which is not very important to me. Amd is also much for stable because the newer gen intel cpu's have had horrible stability issues really making them not worth it as a purchase.

I would like to build a computer and if i managed to get the gpu i could definatly get a higher end cpu  (like a 7800x3d)

0 Likes