Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contests and Sweeps

Wally_AMD
Community Manager

12 Days of Christmas - Day 7 Giveaway!

Hey Red Team, 

It's Sunday Fun Day and you know what that means... time for Day 7 of our 12 days of Christmas giveaway! We even have a new addition to the prize pool below!

You have 24 hours starting now until December 19th at 12 pm CST for a chance to win:

Entering is easy, just follow these steps:

1. Reply to this post with the best gift you ever gave someone. (In your opinion!)
  2. Hit "Reply" and that's it! 

bobsgift.gif

Good luck everyone! 

Wally_AMD_1-1671384406937.png

*NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Open to legal residents of the 50 United States (D.C.) and Canada, 18 years or older members of the AMD Community forum. For Official Rules, including odds and prize descriptions, visit AMD Red Team's 12 Days of Christmas. Void where prohibited. Sponsor: AMD, Inc.

1 Solution
Wally_AMD
Community Manager

Hey Red Team! We enjoyed reading through all the comments and the variety here - from physical gifts to families growing in size, it was a real treat!

I've closed the comments and will update this post when the winner has been confirmed so stay tuned!

And if you want another chance to win, check out Day 8's post!

UPDATE: Congratulations to @gonefishn as the random winner for Day 7! Woop woop! 😎

View solution in original post

112 Replies
bzhknight
Adept I

I am not really good with gift, i guess its something i gave to a friend of mine several years ago, i bought a "sword keychain" and engraved our initials on it + used the metro ticket i used to see her the first time to create a sheath for it, i wish i had still a photo on it, it wasn't great of a job, but it wasn't too shabby either

0 Likes
theswweet
Adept II

A buddy of mine in middle school was a huge Kingdom Hearts fan, and when I was on vacation once I ended up winning a 3DS a few months before Dream Drop Distance came out; I gave it to him so he could play it at launch, because his family wouldn't have been able to afford it otherwise.

0 Likes
dryden
Adept III

In my opinion, the best gift I ever gave someone was a big hug to my mother after not seeing her in person for over 2 years. 

0 Likes
SiN_Fury
Adept II

Brought my wife to Disneyland on her birthday.  She's huge into Disney and had never been to either park. We currently live in LA, so I woke her up and started driving without telling her where we were going. 

0 Likes
BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

The best gift I've given someone?  Maybe a free computer at one of my LAN parties.

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".
0 Likes
daddski
Adept I

well this is easy, two years ago my wife had our amazing baby girl on Christmas day...

0 Likes
joebangles
Adept III

I gave a donation to help a musician free her music from her record company-- I think it helped her escape the contract she had with them -- she'd made a new album & they didn't want to release it!
Wasn't christmas, but its one of the most "feel good about it" gifts ever.

0 Likes
jenle
Adept I

I made a DIY version of those mystery subscription boxes for my sis filled with stuff she was eyeing to buy.  It was fun watching her opening it! We were both laughing so much!

mapdma
Adept II

A doll for my mother's collection that she wanted.

0 Likes
filinux
Elite

Before I answer I want to say how %$#@! AWESOME so many of the people here are.  Again and again and again they show this.  It is never the entire picture but the light that shows so beamingly bright through the cracks that are their comments shows enough to see that. 

I have given some big tangible gifts when I could and love giving presents to people I care about.  I don't think the sum of all them a hundred fold over could tempt my mother to trade a small gift I made her as a child.  Every year it brings to focus what a huge part of Christmas is truly about and has become a gift to me as well.  

Key-J
Paragon

The gift of my love 😘

----------
**Canadian Gamer & Father - www.twitch.tv/AFKidsGaming** - Live Wed & Fri at 8:00pm PST - Come join!
0 Likes
johnny_cee
Adept II

that's a tough one. maybe surprising my wife with a trip to Hawaii..

0 Likes
mr_bunny
Adept II

The joy of DOTA 2. 😎

0 Likes
CallMeKap
Adept II

I can't say it's the "best" gift ever, but it felt good to buy and donate some clothes and deodorant for a local homeless shelter this morning through an outreach program at work.  🙂

burnt_sky
Adept I

Last year I gave my mother an upgrade to her laptop (HDD -> SSD) and did all the maintenance and a fresh install of her stuff, plus the tools to digitize her collection of home videos that were on dying cassettes. She's loved the process and how much better her computer runs!

0 Likes

The gift of friendship, of course...

0 Likes
rseymour1
Adept I

a tortilla blanket

0 Likes
n00bert0
Adept II

a candle that I personally made

0 Likes
curtislu
Adept II

A trip to Hawaii

0 Likes
djwillweb
Adept I

fully loaded gaming tower

Will Web
0 Likes
Fax86
Adept I

A new iPhone to my sister

0 Likes
painfulsplit
Adept I

I'm biased but the best gift I gave was a R7 3800X 😉

0 Likes
AYUBANSARY
Journeyman III

I gifted a bottle  of water to a stranger 

0 Likes
Shadow_Heir
Adept I

Difficult to answer. The most meaningful to me was a personalized snow globe I gave my godparents a few years back.

0 Likes
TriniTerry86
Adept II

I was able to get my daughter the toy she really wanted for Christmas! It was hard to obtain, sold out at many stores and I wasn't sure that it would've shipped on time when I did get it. 

That Christmas, when she got up, she ran to the tree, pulled out her gift, and that smile she had on her face lit up the room. 

It made all the months of hard work and sacrifice worth seeing her so happy!

mik3655
Adept II

Before my grandfather passed we all chipped in and got him a ride in a World War 2 Bomber, we has in the Navy and never got to fly in anything other than civilian aircraft, and always wanted to fly in one of the bombers.

fishcrazy0
Adept I

Though it is usually not what I believe, it seems the most cherished gift is the memories.

red5
Miniboss

I built a custom PC for a giveaway at our Church's winter youth retreat.  I don't remember the exact specs because it was about 7 years ago, but I do remember I had toggle switches on the front to turn all the lighting effects off and on. I included a sound activated light kit that would flash to the beat of the music.   I also included a monitor and gaming peripherals.   (and of course the kid who won it wasn't even very interested in computers and I found out it was still sitting in a box like a year later 😞 )

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1085972132004991
Discord https://discord.gg/pttrmDpeVN
0 Likes
ArchWolf
Adept I

The Irish Wolfhound puppy that she has always wanted.

Sanguinum Immortalis
dwolvin
Adept I

Honestly, the best comments have been homemade stuff like Jams and whatnot.

Slayerman
Adept I

A NAS that I built for my father on his birthday

rdenmon
Challenger

I got my daughter a bike. I thought it was not a big deal, but the reaction and screaming and all day bike riding made it a winner.

0 Likes
Wally_AMD
Community Manager

Hey Red Team! We enjoyed reading through all the comments and the variety here - from physical gifts to families growing in size, it was a real treat!

I've closed the comments and will update this post when the winner has been confirmed so stay tuned!

And if you want another chance to win, check out Day 8's post!

UPDATE: Congratulations to @gonefishn as the random winner for Day 7! Woop woop! 😎