Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contests and Sweeps

Wally_AMD
Community Manager

12 Days of Christmas - Day 10 Giveaway!

Hey Red Team, 

We're entering Day 10 of our 12 days of Christmas giveaway and if you thought the previous days' prizes were great, there's myrrh where that came from thanks to our friends at Alienware (and of course our pals at iBUYPOWER and ASUS as you've noticed)!

You have 24 hours starting now until December 22nd at 12 pm CST for a chance to win:

Entering is easy, just follow these steps:

1. Reply to this post by answering: Would you rather have ~3 feet of snow during the holidays or no snow at all? (Coming from somewhere that rarely gets any, I'd love to experience a few feet of snow!)
  2. Hit "Reply" and that's it! 

snow.gif

Good luck everyone! 

Wally_AMD_2-1671641312591.png

*NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Open to legal residents of the 50 United States (D.C.) and Canada, 18 years or older members of the AMD Community forum. For Official Rules, including odds and prize descriptions, visit AMD Red Team's 12 Days of Christmas. Void where prohibited. Sponsor: AMD, Inc.

1 Solution
Wally_AMD
Community Manager

That's a wrap for Day 10! 

The TL:DR... those who generally get a lot of snow don't want it, and those who don't get it... want it! Hopefully I'll get to experience it someday.

I'll update this comment once the winner is confirmed, so stay tuned!

In the meantime, try your luck with Day 11! (More Alienware goodness)

UPDATE: Congratulations to @ZeusCell for being randomly selected as the winner for Day 10!

View solution in original post

126 Replies
BlackDraft
Adept I

No snow at all, no question.

morphinebear
Adept III

We don't get snow here so 3' of snow would be nice.

da_gaymer
Adept I

3 feet is a lot, but as long as it's not the whole time, I'll take it.

tasg123
Adept I

I don't like the cold, so no snow!

Never had a snow day in my life. Of course I would like a few days off! (wfh is not real and it can't hurt me)

gear762
Adept I

All the snow, all winter long

kataztrophik
Adept II

After many terrible New England winters, I'm perfectly okay with no snow at all

Breach
Adept I

That's way too much.

andyliu
Adept II

3 feet snow once a while is nice, as long as I don't have to shovel those out of my driveway every day

-fusion-
Adept I

Wouldn't want to shovel all that!

mikagee
Adept II

Having 3 feet of snow isnt a problem but I hope it doesn't come down on the same day!

x_lol
Adept I

That's a whole mountain of snow, no thanks...

3ft of snow for sure I'd love 6ft!

Three feet of snow because my dogs love snow.

superchip3
Adept II

No snow! I don't want to be driving in all of that.

rtbh99
Challenger

three feet of snow because it would absolutely shut down my desert city and i wouldnt have to go to work lmao

---
lets talk about rtbh99
BeSh0
Adept I

Sounds fun if it's not every day!

smithdw2026
Adept II

Since I live in Eastern Oregon and we have at least a foot of snow around most of the town and several feet of snow up in the hills close to town, I would like 3 feet of snow. I'm used to snow in the winter and I am originally from Alaska where we regularly had a lot more than a few feet anyway, sometimes several feet in a day. 

KRATOS777
Adept I

3 feet of snow

yakyak
Adept II

3 feet of snow for sure

Absolutely want the 3 feet of snow!  That sounds perfect!  As it is, we might get 3 inches here in Arkansas in time for the holidays, and we're all hoping to get it.

BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

No snow, but if 3 feet of the stuff comes our way, I'm sending my wife Sandra out to shovel it.  She loves shoveling snow.  Yes, really.

Sandra shoveling our driveway in 2015.Sandra shoveling our driveway in 2015.

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".

I don't believe in snow

mapdma
Adept II

3 feet of snow falling during the holiday period is too much at once.  Somebody has to shovel the stuff.  But, snow is good in general.  Keeps things nice and wet in the spring when it melts and it's great for winter sports / exercise. 

Madvillian
Adept I

No snow means more fun.

Yellow-AP1
Adept II

3 Feet for sure, that way we would be forced to stay home rather than take chances driving in poor conditions created, say, by only 1 foot.

BigBoss98
Adept II

3 Feet of Snow for sure :snowman::snowman_without_snow::snowflake:

caerbannog
Adept III

I take a practical approach to snow during the holidays.

As a child, YES MOAR SNOW PLS! - That way I can have snowball fights, build snowmen, and if it snows enough, possibly extend the holiday break due to snow days. 🏂

As an adult, NO! - I prefer the all the snow fall on the ski slopes thank you very much. I'd rather not have to spend hours shovelling just so I can get my car stuck in snow on the side of the road while heading to where ever I needed to go. 😐

Jsocalzx11
Adept I

Definitely snow don't get any here that often

TriniTerry86
Adept II

I'll love to experience a 'white Christmas', but I'll stay in the tropics, where it's nice and warm!

8rand0
Adept II

As long as the power doesn't go out, having 3 ft of snow is always fun! Having to BBQ Christmas dinner in 3ft of snow because a snow storm took out the power lines sucks!

bgnass
Adept III

five feet of snow

Weber462
Challenger

lol  I live in midwest.....i would like 80 degrees.

Longkim
Journeyman III

Coming from the midwest, between 3 ft of snow and no snow at all...I'd choose no snow, no questions.

jamesc359
Forerunner

Living in Idaho I've had 3' plus of snow all my life, I think I'm beyond ready to try having no snow for the holidays!

mik3655
Adept II

I wouldn't mind some snow, never really been in snow.

dwolvin
Adept I

Grew up in central Wisconsin, No Snow preferred!

Living somewhere that sometimes isn't even cold for the holidays - though, thankfully, we're supposed to have highs only in the mid-40s for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day this year, so I'm excited for that - I will absolutely choose snow.

greydog5
Adept II

3 feet of snow

FMB