Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Resources

Amber_AMD
Community Manager

New Community Updates - PMs and Comment Threading

Hey everyone, 

As @Sam_AMD recently mentioned in his SOTC blog post, we're working on optimizing our community to make it as easy and intuitive as possible for everyone to use. With that, we have a few fun new updates for you! 

Private Messages 

• The Private Message layout has been updated. All Private Messages moving forward will show in one place where you can read a conversation overall, instead of individually. Please note that this does not update old conversations prior to this update - only to new messages moving forward.  

Comment Threading 

• Instead of replying to comments within an entire thread, you can now respond to individual comments on a post! Just hit reply on the comment you want to respond to and ta-da, you will now see your comment threaded instead of showing as a new comment to the post overall.

Hope you enjoy these updates as much as we do, cheers! 🙂 

Best,
Your friend at AMD
PC specs | Twitter | Red Team Discord
37 Replies
Sam_AMD
Community Manager

I'm............

yell-shout.gif

Sam
Your biggest fan!
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6800XT

Hey Sam; have you lost some weight? 

Only kidding😂

Famous last words of a RedNeck "Hey Ya'll, WATCH THIS"
BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

I like the changes.  Let's see if I can make them work for me.  

Albert-3.jpg

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".

I searched sporadically for the hidden pumpkins for perhaps 3 hrs.  Never found a single one.  Sure hope you had better luck.  

Key-J
Paragon

giphy.gif

Loving all the continuous updates to the community!

----------
**Canadian Gamer & Father - www.twitch.tv/AFKidsGaming** - Live Wed & Fri at 8:00pm PST - Come join!
Justifier
Challenger

Very appreciated QOL stuffs

14900k • Z790 Apex Encore • 4090 • 2x24Gb-8000 • 1200 Corsair Shift • 420mm Arctic II Push-Pull • Noctua • Fractal Torrent • Guilded.gg/justifiers
GreatnessRD
Miniboss

Yup, these updates are extremely nice. Next we await...

Dark Mode! *rubs hands together*

Leonidas - Ryzen 7 5800X3D | MBA RX 6800 XT Midnight Black | Be Quiet 802 Silent Base (Main)
Maximus - Ryzen 7 3700x | Power Color Fighter RX 6700 XT | Fractal Ridge ITX Case (HTPC)

huge bump.

Dark mode is always extremely appreciated

14900k • Z790 Apex Encore • 4090 • 2x24Gb-8000 • 1200 Corsair Shift • 420mm Arctic II Push-Pull • Noctua • Fractal Torrent • Guilded.gg/justifiers

brooklyn-nine-nine-b99

----------
**Canadian Gamer & Father - www.twitch.tv/AFKidsGaming** - Live Wed & Fri at 8:00pm PST - Come join!

Thanks for sharing

soullodolo
Adept III

How do I enable private messaging? I do not see the message count or envelope icon and I haven't been able to find where to enable it in my settings.

Ryzen 7 5800x (Desktop), Ryzen 7 6800H (Laptop)
0 Likes

Hey @soullodolo , 

Here's the steps to turn on Private Messages 🙂 

1. Go to My Settings
  2. Select Preferences 
  3. Go to the Private Messenger Tab 
  4. Check "Turn on Private Messages" 
  5. Select Save 

And you should be able to send/receive private messages. Holler if you have any other questions! 🙂 

Best,
Your friend at AMD
0 Likes

I don't see the Private Messenger Tab though

settings_preferences.png

0 Likes

Hey @soullodolo, that's strange! I went ahead and adjusted some settings for your account on the backend. 

Let me know if you see that option now! 🙂 

Best,
Your friend at AMD
0 Likes

Yes I see the tab now and Private Messenger is already enabled, thank you!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, I am also having the same issue. Screenshot 2023-02-12 223612.png

0 Likes

I go to My Settings and select PREFERENCES tab but no no PRIVATE MESSENGER TAB shows up anywhere.  I couldn't find any pumpkins either so now you know what your dealing with Amber, an old fart!😄😃

0 Likes

I am having the same problem. Private Messenger is unavailable.微信截图_20221126205807.png

0 Likes

Hey @GongTian , that's strange! I adjusted your profile on the backend to enable private messages. Let me know if you still can't see them 🙂 

Best,
Your friend at AMD
0 Likes

I can see it right now! Thanks for your help!

2022-12-08_093633.png

Hey @Vynski , No problem at all! I adjusted your profile to enable private messages. Let me know if you have any other issues - happy to help 🙂 

Best,
Your friend at AMD
0 Likes

Thanks Amber.  Now refresh my memory; what does private messages allow me to do?

No problem at all! Private messages will allow you to PM other members who have the option turned on. So if you wanna have a side conversation with an individual outside of the discussion boards, you can! I'll send you one as test so you can see 🙂 

Best,
Your friend at AMD
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Having the same Issue, no pm option available. 

0 Likes

Sign in.  At the very top right hand corner you will see a notification bell, an envelope, and your avatar.  Click the Avatar and select the PREFERENCES tab.  Then select the PRIVATE MESSAGES tab and check the box to enable you to receive them.  Next time you log in you will be able to see how many private messages have been sent and open them by clicking the ENVELOPE icon.

Sorry I left out 1 step.  MY PREFERENCES is in the SETTINGS option so select the SETTINGS after clicking the AVATAR.

hello, sorry to bother you but i have same issue i can't see any "private messages" tab

0 Likes

same lol

Ryzen 3 3250U supremacy
0 Likes

Hi @YourLocalRyzen777 , @ahmad-hardy , and @Anonymous - sorry to hear you're having issues locating the private message settings! I went ahead and turned on PMs for you -  if you go to your settings tab as @Vynski explained - you should see some options there now 🙂 Let me know if you have any other issues! 

Best,
Your friend at AMD

thank you

Anonymous
Not applicable

snip1.png

0 Likes

I have the Automatically subscribe box also checked.  You should have Private Messenger listed as an option.  It will be listed between the Privacy and Likes options.  If checking that box doesn't help I would recommend that you reply to @amber for help.  She will check out your account and change settings if they need be.  She has done things like that for me.

0 Likes
meer8
Journeyman III

Having a similar Issue, no pm choice accessible.

0 Likes

Hi @meer8 , I went ahead and adjusted the settings on your profile so now you should see PMs as an option to configure within your profile settings. Feel free to reach out with any questions! 🙂 

Best,
Your friend at AMD
ahmad-hardy
Adept II

hello, i have a question:

how do i send PM's ? someone tried to send me PM but it says "you haven't enabled your PM Option yet" so how do i enable it? 

Thanks.

Hey @ahmad-hardy , I responded to you above 🙂 Let me know if you have any issues! You should see the option within your profile settings now. 

Best,
Your friend at AMD

I was just getting ready to post a reply explaining how to turn on PM's.  Like so many things about computers that I have forgotten, I Forgot how to turn on PN's off the top of my head and had to go back and see how I did that. 🤔 lol