Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Resources

Amber_AMD
Community Manager

Meet the team!

Hello Red Team,

My name is Amber and I’m new to the AMD team! We thought this would be a great time for you all to learn a few fun facts about your community managers. Enjoy a few fun facts about each of us, and feel free to comment with your own. I can’t wait to get to know you all more and be a part of this great community you have helped create. 😊

@Amber_AMD

A huge people person, gamer, and always finding ways to be creative during my free time and in my day job!

• First job ever: JCPenney’s as a cashier and department associate
  • Hobbies: Legos, drawing, paint by numbers, gem art, plants, hanging with my doggos + kitty, and of course playing videos games (PC, Xbox, and Nintendo Switch)
  • First car: A white 2003 ford Mustang, and I did indeed put pink lettering on the bumper that said Mustang
  • Favorite cuisine: Tacos
  • Best TV Show: Honestly, this answer changes for me frequently. As of recent, very obsessed with Yellowstone. For all time, probably Gilmore Girls.

@BigAl01

• First job ever: I pumped gas / checked the oil at a full service station in Torrance, California. Great job until we were robbed at gunpoint.
  • Hobbies: I love building computers, fixing computers, taking care of rescue cats, enjoying wine, running my wine forum and fixing things around the house.
  • First car: I had a 1967 Oldsmobile Delta-88, bought for about $625. I sanded it down and had it painted a medium blue color, and added baby moon hubcaps.
  • Favorite cuisine: Snow crab is something I love, but raw oysters on the half-shell are a close second; both served with a nice white wine of course!
  • Best TV Show: Whose Line is it Anyway? Improv comedy at it's finest. We've seen several of the guys perform at theaters in Washington DC.

@blazek

PC tech enthusiast with a huge game backlog.

• First job ever: Worked at a movie theatre, free movies galore!
  • Hobbies: Working out, seeing my lift numbers rise is like leveling up IRL
  • First car: 1995 Saturn with an overheating problem
  • Favorite cuisine: Changes every year, would have to be Thai food right now 👌
  • Best TV Show: The Wire

@cpurpe91

• First job ever: I started detasseling as a teenager. Walking through corn fields reaching up and pulling off the tassels. It paid well for a job that I had at age 13.
  • Hobbies: Skateboarding, Building PCs, Walking trails in the woods, Keeping up to date with technology especially PC and Console hardware.
  • First car: 1986 Mazda B2000, a man was deploying and said if I could get it started, I could have it. I changed the battery and it started right away.
  • Favorite cuisine: Burgers. Any burgers. All the burgers.
  • Best TV Show: I watch way too much Television. Right now I am rewatching the Spider-Man 1994 series.

@mengelag

Passionate Gamer and an even more passionate custom PC builder.

• First job ever: Farm hand on a Dairy Farm
  • Hobbies: Gaming, PC building, Death Metal, Guitar, brewing beer, and snowboarding.
  • First car: 1989 Toyota Corolla
  • Favorite cuisine: Pizza or anything to do with Pizza
  • Best TV Show: Seinfeld without a doubt

@Sam_AMD

Old school gamer with the mind of an engineer, the heart of a community manager…and splash of OCD!

• First job ever: “Collator” at a tax documentation processing company…worked the graveyard shift.
  • Hobbies: Chess, RC cars/racing, aviation model kits, and soon FPS gaming!
  • First car: Used 1987 Honda Accord Hatchback (Gold) with fancy duct-taped rearview mirrors, handcrafted dents, a shiny-cracked windshield, and a permanent hungry-college-student scent!
  • Favorite cuisine: Chinese
  • Best TV Show: Breaking Bad

@Wally_AMD

An avid gamer since I could pick up a controller, lover of NBA basketball, and horror movies/books!

• First job ever: IT/Desktop Support at a car dealership
  • Hobbies: Collecting vinyl, drawing, and slowly and painfully learning how to play the guitar
  • First car: 2006 Chevy Colorado that always leaked water when it rained
  • Favorite cuisine: Chinese!
  • Best TV Show: Seinfeld (It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia is a close 2nd!)
Best,
Your friend at AMD
PC specs | Twitter | Red Team Discord
19 Replies
Key-J
Paragon

Thanks for sharing team! It's always great to get to know the team a little better!

----------
**Canadian Gamer & Father - www.twitch.tv/AFKidsGaming** - Live Wed & Fri at 8:00pm PST - Come join!

giphy

---
Ashley
Ryzen 7 5800X • Radeon RX 6900 XT • Gigabyte X570S AERO G •
Amber_AMD
Community Manager

Hey everyone, 

We had a new friend join our team this week, @Wally_AMD ! Give him a warm welcome - you'll be seeing him around more soon. Check out more about him in the post above 🙂 

giphy.gif

cc: @BigAl01 @AFKG-Curtis @Key-J @blazek @colesdav @filinux @johnnyenglish @jamesc359 @GreatnessRD @mengelag @mogami76 @red5 @sbach34 @goodplay @elstaci @ThunderBeaver @tenzo23 @SubtleIQ @DarkLordAmbrosias @Vynski @Sam_AMD 

Best,
Your friend at AMD

Welcome, @Wally_AMD 🙂

14900k • Z790 Apex Encore • 4090 • 2x24Gb-8000 • 1200 Corsair Shift • 420mm Arctic II Push-Pull • Noctua • Fractal Torrent • Guilded.gg/justifiers

Welcome to the team @Wally_AMD ! Excited to have you as part of the community!

I promise to keep the Where's Wally jokes down to a minimum....

KeyJ_0-1660680310820.jpeg

ok... that one slipped out I promise ❤️ 

----------
**Canadian Gamer & Father - www.twitch.tv/AFKidsGaming** - Live Wed & Fri at 8:00pm PST - Come join!

Honestly, if you can keep up that level of quality meme-age, I 100% welcome it. 😂

KeyJ_0-1660680548919.gif

😄 

----------
Wally_AMD
Community Manager

Hey, everyone! Super excited to be here and get to know AND be a part of this awesome community!

GreatnessRD
Miniboss

Welcome to the squad, @Wally_AMD !

Leonidas - Ryzen 7 5800X3D | MBA RX 6800 XT Midnight Black | Be Quiet 802 Silent Base (Main)
Maximus - Ryzen 7 3700x | Power Color Fighter RX 6700 XT | Fractal Ridge ITX Case (HTPC)
Amber_AMD
Community Manager

Please give a warm welcome to our new volunteer moderators @BigAl01 and @cpurpe91 👏 and check out some fun facts about them above 🙂 

Best,
Your friend at AMD

Burgers and Who's Line Is It Anyway.

Yeah, we can definitely be friends. Welcome to the team!

KeyJ_0-1663963642035.gif

----------

Was reading your bio and can easily see why you are well liked.  

Like you I have been AMD since the late, late 1980's.  My first build was with an AMD 20Mhz CPU.  You commented yours was an 8350 Black Edition, dynamite CPU.  I had a build (still do) with an AMD 9590 (ceramic heater) on an MSI 990FXA Gaming board with a Saphire 6950 GPU.  I remember while testing this beast at times it was clocking 5.1GHz.  The only downside to it that I discovered, is that it did not SSD drives.  I have it running now on a Kingston Fury SSD, but I had to underclock it back as low as it would go, which is in the neighborhood of the 8350.

Famous last words of a RedNeck "Hey Ya'll, WATCH THIS"
jamesc359
Forerunner

Welcome to the team!

0 Likes
Shinii
Adept I

Cool, but when is the 6000 series fixes coming?

0 Likes
marinesquirel
Adept III

Hey, when do I get to join!!!??? 

Anyway, this sounds like fun.

Does the path choose the walker, or the walker, the path? (Garth nix Abhorsen trilogy)

• First job ever:  Corn detasselling for 5.15 an hour when I was 13.
  • Hobbies:  Playing computer games (mainly simulation games and city builders but I love variety), Photagraphyish, building computers, collecting dragons.
  • First car:  1977 Mercury Monarch with plywood for a floor because the floorboard was rusted out. and the gas gauge didn't work.
  • Favorite cuisine: Hungarian chicken popicash
  • Best TV Show:  currently squid games and Samarai X(Kenshin)
Vynski
Exemplar

• First Job ever:  1961 Cutting and packing squash, picking and packing peaches, $0.40/hr
  • Hobbies: Woodworking, shooting, computing
  • First car:  1963 Plymouth Fury III
  • Favorite cuisine:  Home made lasagna from scratch.
  • Best TV show:  MASH, Star Trek, Black Sheep Squadron, Wild Wild West, Raw Hide

Famous last words of a RedNeck "Hey Ya'll, WATCH THIS"
petosiris
Miniboss

• First job ever: 1972, picking strawberries for a farmer all summer.
  • Hobbies: Animals, crypto coins, genealogy, programming, gaming, reading, writing
  • First car: Fiat 850, red
  • Favorite cuisine: Lutefisk (at Christmas)
  • Best TV show: Star Trek, Babylon 5, Outlander, The Witcher, Vikings, Norsemen

More

Best,
Petosiris           About me | PC specs | Favorite game | How to display your PC specs in an image
BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

We have quite a diverse group of computer-literate members.  Many folks grew up with computers as they evolved from just mainframes to real personal computers (late 1970s) that the common person could learn to use.  I feel like the pace of computer evolution has to slow down at some point, but still the reduction in process size (width of traces on an integrated circuit) continues.  AMD is looking at 2 nm now for the next CPU series.  This just amazes me. 

My dad was an electrical engineer in the 1960's (I think he graduated in the 1950's sometime after serving in WWII as a radar operator for the Royal Canadian Air Force in Burma) and he was working with discrete devices like transistors, diodes and such as the first integrated circuits were coming out.  That influenced my career choices when I came out of university with my electrical engineering degree in the mid-1980's and started with reliability and component engineering for spacecraft.  

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".
jaandoh
Challenger

It's been a while since I was last here, I think I joined when my last build ran into problems... 

Anyway, hi Team and thank you in for all the valuable advice and help when we (the consumers)  run into problems...