cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Resources

Amber_AMD
Community Manager

Community Rankings

If you were ever curious about the types of ranks you can reach in the community, you can find them all here! There are a total of 20 ranks:

1 Newcomer
2 Novice I
3 Novice II
4 Novice III
5 Journeyman I
6 Journeyman II
7 Journeyman III
8 Adept I
9 Adept II
10 Adept III
11 Elite
12 Challenger
13 Miniboss
14 Forerunner
15 Paragon
16 Exemplar
17 Grandmaster
18 Big Boss
19 MVP
20 VIP

Things to know - 

• Ranking up is based on your activity, for instance, starting a new discussion, Liking posts, Accepting a Solution, Replying to posts, Tagging posts, and how long you've been a member of the community. 
  • For example, to move from Newcomer to Novice I, you need to Like and Tag a post once, and your account must be at least 24 hours old.

giphy.gif

Best,
Your friend at AMD
PC specs | Twitter | Red Team Discord
160 Replies

The recipe is simple.

Be fair and humble. 

Help others. Doesn't matter if you don't know much but sometimes, everything out of the box can be relevant.

Be active and share your Rig, photos, lots of photos. 

Share off topic or ideias. 

Make some friends. 

Have fun. 

The Englishman
PythonCoderPro
Challenger

Would love to be rank VIP or even MVP

Asus ZenBook UX407IQ, Ryzen 5 4500u with Radeon graphics, Nvidia mx350, 8gb LPDDR4X ram, Samsung 970 Evo Plus 500gb SSD, Win11 home
Vynski
Exemplar

I don't even keep track of my ranking.  I am a member of only 2 forums, this one and Long Range Shooting.  I join them to help others, strike up good friendships, and have fun.  Rankings are irrelevant.

Enjoy the time you spend on this forum.

Famous last words of a RedNeck "Hey Ya'll, WATCH THIS"
BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

So says the level 15 Paragon!

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".
n1q2r3
Adept I

I'm new to this community, have a PC with AMD Processor and graphics card

Welcome to the community n1q2r3!

Asus ZenBook UX407IQ, Ryzen 5 4500u with Radeon graphics, Nvidia mx350, 8gb LPDDR4X ram, Samsung 970 Evo Plus 500gb SSD, Win11 home
Lucian_Arkright
Journeyman III

So... Like... How do you tag a post?

hawkmanw
Adept III

Many thanks 😃

Ryzen 7 5800X3D, MSI B550 Tomahawk, XFX RX6950XT WB edition, 64G 3600 G.Skill Ripjaws V
willshire23
Adept I

👋

mrmattyv
Journeyman III

This is a great resource to see how to rank up. 

harxsemi
Journeyman III

how long does it take to get to novice III

error403
Journeyman III

I have a Radeon RX 6950 XT i played elden ring no problem high quality graphics and great fps best experience 👍

harxsemi
Journeyman III

Doryan
Adept II

I forgot what my ranking was. How did one check that?

Well, that was a pretty clever question to ask, huh? 😅 Adept I, yessir!

BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

Check your profile.

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".
OrganicComic
Adept I

Is there a way to look up how many points you have and how many are needed for each rank?

You can view your stats by looking at your profile, but I don't see it telling you what you need to reach the next level.

Willleedham
Journeyman III

So asking questions here will help me rank up? 

Yes, any engagement in the community forum will help you rank up 🙂 

Best,
Your friend at AMD

@Amber_AMD wrote:

Yes, any engagement in the community forum will help you rank up 🙂 

I'm too old to be engaged now, besides I wouldn't want to do it in a public forum.  🙈  And if I went down on one knee, I'm not sure I could get up again. 😛

Best,
Petosiris           About me | PC specs | Favorite game | How to display your PC specs in an image
Baewick
Adept I

Imagine winning, couldn't possibly be me.

My friend @SubtleIQ showed me this website. Helped me finish my pc. Can't wait to participate! 

YAY! Welcome to the community, we're excited to have you 🙂 

Best,
Your friend at AMD
Denbot
Adept II

I'm totally fresh out of the gate to this 🤣

SocialSophia
Adept II

So do you gain ranking just from replying? 

Hi @SocialSophia , 

Engaging in the community with posts, likes, and comments will help you rank up 🙂 

Best,
Your friend at AMD

Thanks I've just noticed I've ranked up a few times 😊 any updates on the limited edition Starfield 7900 XTX GPU? 

We don't have any updates on that front yet 🙂 

Best,
Your friend at AMD
Denbot
Adept II

It's not fair... I picked up a sapphire nitro-x vapor-x 7900xtx at launch and got zero freebies... Build a system for a friend last month with a rx 6950xt and he gets 2 copies of starfield 👀... Zero reward for being an early adopter I guess 😕

But my world what a card... Knocked it out of the park with this card

Faye4all
Adept I

I wonder if levels 15-20 require the same 'xp' as the first 14 levels. You know, to keep the grind

petosiris
Miniboss

@Amber_AMD wrote:
  • Ranking up is based on your activity, for instance, starting a new discussion, Liking posts, Accepting a Solution, Replying to posts, Tagging posts, and how long you've been a member of the community. 

(my emphasis)

Some of us don't ask many questions in forums, either because we don't have any problems we can't solve ourselves or we don't wonder about anything that require an answer.  I've only created a handful of new threads, which I can count on one hand, and they're how-to articles or computer political oriented.  These forum threads do not encourage replies that is the "right answer", hence there's no solution either.

Now, I see some who accept solutions in similar discussions anyway, just to get a tally of accepted solutions, I guess.  I refuse to do that.  I also refuse to increase my tally of "likes" by posting a lot of new threads, just to level up.  So I'm happy to remain a Challenger forever, or whatever the system assigns to my status, so long as I don't have to do anything special that feels unnatural for me to do.  😏

EDIT: Thinking about it, "Tagging posts" is only possible when you create a new thread, AFAIK, so a requirement of tags will also require one to make posts.  How many depends on what the system require for you to level up.

Best,
Petosiris           About me | PC specs | Favorite game | How to display your PC specs in an image
harrykheepal
Adept I

Thanks, Journeyman 3 cool stuff 🙂

GameSenpai
Adept I

just getting started

MeeMesmo
Journeyman III

well, thanks, as newcomer is good to know a bit about the know to

CrazyJoker48
Journeyman III

I just had to buy a whole new system due to a lightning strike! Decided to go with an AMD GPU! Now I'm able to play all of the new games!

Useful info! I do find it odd that VIP is the highest rank though.

@GamingThistle VIP sounds oddly important for a random forum user.

True. If you ask me MVP and VIP don't fit with the other ranks, and they are the wrong way around because MVP sounds better than VIP.

Lauricimo
Adept I

Good to know, thx.