cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blender Discussions

gelert
Elite

RPRv2.0.85 Inability to Render a Transparent Background for Composition in External Editors

There is currently no way to render a 3D scene with RPRv2.0.85 with a transparent background so that the resulting image may be composited in an external editor or used in other workflows (e.g. motion graphics, web design or desktop publishing).

Is this feature coming to a future release?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Actually using the Opacity AOV was enough. It's not very user friendly as there is seemingly no way to save all of the AOVs you select out as a layered file or as individual files at once (more a Blender failing I guess than RPR).

Opacity AOV:

pastedImage_1.png

Combined pass (250s):

pastedImage_2.png

Photoshop composition using the above files:

pastedImage_3.png

It's not a bug then!

Until you need other AOVs as well and once you select so many RPR crashes but I think that's also a known issue.

Thank you, it works.

View solution in original post

11 Replies
bsavery
Staff

Adding a feature request.  Should be easy.

Thank you so much. You are a lifesaver.

0 Likes
bsavery
Staff

Actually I take the above back.  You should be able to use the background AOV though.  Also the opacity aov should be clear for the background.

Actually using the Opacity AOV was enough. It's not very user friendly as there is seemingly no way to save all of the AOVs you select out as a layered file or as individual files at once (more a Blender failing I guess than RPR).

Opacity AOV:

pastedImage_1.png

Combined pass (250s):

pastedImage_2.png

Photoshop composition using the above files:

pastedImage_3.png

It's not a bug then!

Until you need other AOVs as well and once you select so many RPR crashes but I think that's also a known issue.

Thank you, it works.

Using Aovs is not artist friendly at all. It would be great to get the transparent button working like it normally does in blender. Cannot recommend using Pro Renderer to my team until it works 

Remove the background with one click, leaving a transparent image background to download as a png with our online photo editor.

0 Likes
pogiroheat
Journeyman III

RPRv2.0.85 Inability to Render a Transparent Background for Composition in External Editors. Jump to solution. There is currently no way to render a 3D scene.

thanks for sharing

0 Likes
pogiroheat
Journeyman III

Remove the background with one click, leaving a transparent image background to download as a png with our online photo editor.

CalOrie
Journeyman III

You can Download the App for this From TECH BIGS

0 Likes
sunnyveer
Journeyman III

I'm utilizing a more established base picture purposefully. Assuming I generally utilize the latest picture, the bundles introduced would be more current/various variants which harms the reproducibility in my exploration.

0 Likes