cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blender Discussions

jl5086
Elite

ProRender is showing large chunks of missing geometry in "High" mode?

I'm using the latest RPR release for Blender, 2.3.35, and for some reason whenever I try to use the HIGH hybrid setting my objects have random areas where the geometry is just missing.  It only does this in high, all other modes don't do that.  The places where the geometry is missing changes every time I switch in and out of render view, and the missing chunks are all over the meshes, in different spots.  I'm wondering if this is a known issue or not, thanksblender_TOMAoEtaZ5.png

0 Likes
10 Replies
jonas_woehl
Adept I

Just wondering, are you on macOS or Windows? For me I don't have to ability to choose quality settings such as "high" under Render Properties --> High at macOS 

0 Likes

This is on windows, although I do have RPR on my mac also, and I believe the hybrid should work.  I do remember the the hybrid opttions did come later to the Macs, so I would verify you are using the latest version of ProRender, which is now in a Zip file which can actually be installed through Blender itself, you should find it in the documents section here at the ProRender for Blender community main page.

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy S® 6, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone

0 Likes

Yes, I'm using the most current beta version that was posted hier in the forum one or two weeks ago. That's why I'm wondering why I don't have this option over here

0 Likes

Well I went and checked on my Mac, and I don't have ANY options either.  I don't have the Hybrid options, or the render modes(wireframe, diffuse, direct, etc) either.  I honestly don't remember if I ever used any of those options on my Mac, since I primarily use Windows on my Mac through Bootcamp, since it allows me to use OpenCL.  Which gives me more options, including Cycles GPU (if RPR is acting up) It may be an issue they are having with Metal, or changes in recent Blender releases.  I do know that these modes were not available at first on Mac, but I thought they fixed it pretty quickly, I don't know, but I would suggest you create a new question post for this problem, and you will be more likely to get a direct response.

Turns out that quality settings are currently only supported in the windows version.

0 Likes

I guess that does make sense since they rely on vulkan, which I don't believe is something macOS is going to support.

0 Likes
arozghon
Challenger

Thank you for the request! Now Full Spectrum Render has some issues with correct render results, mostly with Medium and High setting. Also, RX 5700\5700 XT has RDNA Architecture and sometimes gets weird and odd results with Full Spectrum Render. Devs know about these issues and will be fixed in one of the future releases. Thank you

0 Likes

Ok thanks.

0 Likes
jl5086
Elite

So I guess the fix for this issue on RX 5700 cards still hasn't come about, and didn't make it into RPR 2.4.11?

0 Likes

yes, not fixed with the latest build and with the latest devs build.

0 Likes