Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blender Discussions

riggs
Adept I

Not Responding on Material View Mode and Render Preview

Hello.

I'm having some serious stability issues when trying to switch to Material View. Sometimes it works and it renders the iterations, but sometimes it crashes during the iteration rendering. Blender stops responding and the PC will start freezing after a few seconds. Even after shutting down Blender from the Task Manager, the PC will keep stuttering and the Radeon Settings: Host service will be drawing a lot of power and is suspected to be the culprit, therefore it seems to be an AMD problem rather than Blender itself. I tried terminating the Radeon process and the PC crashed immediately.

This crash also happens if I keep on Material View mode and try switching materials to get an updated preview, it will try to render the iterations and it will eventually crash.

I'm running the latest AMD drivers, with a 5700 XT. I'm also running Blender 2.82, but been having the same problem in 2.81. I'm also running AMD Pro Render 2.3.4, but had the issue in 2.2.1 as well. This could very well be a graphic card related problem.

I'd love to get some assistance and solution to this, as this renderer seems to be very powerful and I'm enjoying it, but it's getting to a point where it's not so productive since I have to restart my PC to fix it whenever it crashes.

Example: i was changing the material color attributes and the program just crashed and PC started freezing while fan activity goes up.

0 Likes
2 Replies
admin
Adept II

Hi!

I am experiencing the same problems. Also running a 5700XT in a Razer Core X Chroma, using latest ProRender and Blender versions.

arozghon
Challenger

Yep, confirm, have the same issue with 5700 XT. Try to change Noise Threshold value to 0, that's an option will deactivate adaptive sampling, that's helpful in my case get much stable viewport to render workflow pastedImage_1.png