Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blender Discussions

notorious-69
Adept I

Many problem with RPR, so i returned to Cycles Render

Hi everyones !

After many hours to try many things about RPR, i decided to returned to Cycles to spend my times on rendering, not on setting..

My computer system : 

- Motherboard MSI B450M Gaming
- Graphic Card : Asus RX 580 8 Go OC

- Proc : Ryzen 7 2700 (16 threads OC @ 3.95Ghz)

- Ram / SSD : Corsair 16Go @3000Mhz / M.2 Samsung 970 SSD

- Software : Blender v2.81.16 (last on date) and Radeon ProRender 2.1.1 (core1.34.4)

Hmm I'm gonna try to be clear because i don't speak very well.

1 : The message of death : 
When i'm try to rendering a medium or heavy weight scene (like one studio into a cube mesh + 2 light + 1 object + some things) an error appear during the render  : ERROR "Unable to allocate array with shape (93312000,) and data type float32. Please see log for more details." 
No reason, i try to set allllllllll the setting....

2 : Pixel on the right side : Dead pixel on the rightside off my render image 

3 : Fog Effect : When I want to have a "God Ray" on my object, the right side of my screen doesn't want to render the RPR.Fog. 
The software try to render left to right like a writter, but it keep a margin on the right (from top to down)

I join a picture of this last problem

Thx to the developer for the good work except this littles things and sorry for my english

0 Likes
6 Replies
bsavery
Staff

Please attach a scene for these issues.

It's here with the render of the project (Error of array shapes appear around the 300th sample) and a screenshot of a another problem of pixels

0 Likes

Dead pixel problem on my another scene can be solved by desactive the render dual system, when i'm just on GC it run. But i'm gonna retry tomorrow, i'm gonna sleep it's late

0 Likes

So this is in the viewport render?  We have a fix coming for those.

0 Likes
denys
Adept II

I did the same 2 months ago. 
As a Mac user, I was hoping to utilize my Vega64. But eventually realized that results on Cycles are more stable and persistent and …  faster (yes cycles on my CPU was faster than RPR on GPU see hardware below)

iMac pro:
CPU - 3.2GHz 8-core Intel Xeon W processor, Turbo Boost up to 4.2GHz + RAM - 32GB DDR4

GPU – custom Vega 64 with 16 GB HBM2 memory.

Also, denoiser does not work
[Bug report] Machine Learning Denoiser Mac OS 
Noise and render settings Mac OS 

PS: It would be fantastic to have RPR which is just a cycles in every way (including shader nodes etc) but working on metal or Vulcan.

Hi.  I'm not sure these are the same issues, I will reply in your threads though.