Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blender Discussions

desmodark
Journeyman III

Make a fire + smoke simulation with RPR

Hello,
I am working on a MacPro with a Radeon rx580 GPU and Mojave, Blender 2.81, RPR 2.2.1. I would like to render a Fire and Smoking simulation but it doesn't work. (see screenshot). It works with Cycle but as soon as I try with RPR it doesn't work.
What is the solution to solve the problem?

thanks in advance
cordially

Laurent

Bonjour,

Je travaille sur un MacPro avec un GPU Radeon rx580 et Mojave, Blender 2.81, RPR 2.2.1. Je voudrai rendre une simulation de Feux et Fumer mais ça ne donne rien. (voir Capture d'écran). Cela fonctionne avec Cycle mais dés que je tente avec RPR cela ne fonctionne pas. 

Quelle est la solution pour régler le problème? 

Merci par avance

Cordialement

Laurent

0 Likes
8 Replies
schulze1963
Adept II

The  attribute node is currently not supportet. Connect the colorramp diret in the Emision color with the PricipledvolumeShader and play with the Emisions strength. Hope you get good results

0 Likes

Hello,
I tested the colorramp directly connected to the principled Volume Shader. Despite setting differences, I can't get the color gradient like in Cycle. The flame remains single color (see screenshot).
What is the solution to get the same result as in cycle.

Redu RPR.jpgRendu Cycle.jpgNode RPR.jpg

0 Likes

feuer.png

0 Likes

You have to choose the Smoke Style Smoke + Fire

0 Likes

Hello,
I followed your instructions, it doesn't look like cycle, but it can do it.
Only I am faced with another problem, when I launch a rendering I have an error message that I do not understand. (see screenshot).
I'm sorry to ask you like that, but I start with Blender and RPR and I admit that it is far from being obvious.

Regards,

Laurent

Capture d’écran 2020-01-10 à 16.34.26.jpg

0 Likes

I only get the error if I didn't play simulation before the render

0 Likes

I can play the simulation before rendering, as soon as I want to render I get this error message.
The simulation is displayed in the viewport in material preview and rendered mode but as soon as I render there is an error message.

0 Likes

Well,
I found the source of the error message and unchecked "adaptativ domain". Apparently the RPR renderer does not support adaptive domain.
I have another concern, with the rendering in veiwport I have the simulation of the flame, but as soon as I render the simulation is no longer taken into account and no longer appears. (see screenshot)

TricliniumRenduRPR.png

RenduRPR.jpg

0 Likes