Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blender Discussions

irz
Adept II

Is it possible to grab RPR beta?

Hi AMD,

is it possible to grab some states of RPR beta from a repositories? Github for example. There more than two month was gone from 2.4v and a lot of bugs was accumulated. May be you should introduce an pipeline with beta states that could be open for downloading & testing.

THank you.

1 Solution
bsavery
Staff

Hello.  I am posting the latest build of "Develop" branch from Github.  You can go and look at the changes on Commits · GPUOpen-LibrariesAndSDKs/RadeonProRenderBlenderAddon · GitHub 

Or here's some general changes:

New features

• Added viewport shading panel to rendered mode of viewport
  • Addes support for “Multiply Add” in Math node (thanks to user cmdrf for contribution)
  • Support for “Mute Node” with M key in shader editor
  • Support for “Local Mode” with / key in viewport
  • Object Info node is supported in Full mode
  • Default adaptive tile size is increased to 32 for adaptive rendering.  This gives better results when rendering with multiple GPUs
  • A new setting in Viewport Sampling is added “Samples per Second”.  The default being 15.  This is roughly analogous to “Frames per second”.  The viewport render resolution will be adjusted while rendering to try and maintain this interactivity.  There is also a “Minimum viewport resolution” setting which will limit resolution downscaling.  For users with high resolution displays, this adaptive resolution can maintain a much better viewport experience.

Fixed issues

• Physical Light normalization was not taking transform scaling into account
  • Exporting .rpr file was not using scene camera property
  • Backplate images were not working in viewport renders
  • Issue with image texture gamma correction in hybrid modes
  • Pixel filter settings were not exported to .rpr file
  • CPU rendering was not selectable in UI with RPR 2.0 enabled
  • Rendering animations could cause a memory leak and eventually crash
  • Exporting .rpr files could be slow with many textures in Blender 2.83
  • Scene sync and render times are logged to the console
  • AOV names in config.json file exported with .rpr were slightly different than expected
  • When using collections of objects with the same name there could be a name collision leading to some objects not being rendered
  • Sometime switching from object to edit mode in the viewport could lose an object’s UVs
  • Mapping node transformations were off, in particular, combinations of transforms and rotations only took into account Z
  • “Generated” UV in Texture Coordinate mode was incorrect
  • Scale and sin, cos, tan functions in the vector math node were not supported.

OSX

Ubuntu

Windows

Please post issues/reaction here.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
arozghon
Challenger

Hi, on this page Beta releases periodically published before release, so, follow to updates on the Current Community page. Thank you!

0 Likes

Ok, I'll be follow for this page. But I saw that somebody get an personal RPR beta. It was confused me.

0 Likes

beta was shared to user, who find a lot of specific issues and was sent build with all fixes to the user for double-checking these fixes from his side.

0 Likes
carlsbad
Adept I

I would also regularly use / benefit from posting of stable betas. It's not always clear which ones from Github are safe to use etc.

0 Likes
bsavery
Staff

Thanks.  We have a few pending changes.  Maybe end of next week we will upload a test build

Any chance that will be today? I notice quite a few items were added to the dev branch a couple days ago. I think. : )

0 Likes
bsavery
Staff

Hello.  I am posting the latest build of "Develop" branch from Github.  You can go and look at the changes on Commits · GPUOpen-LibrariesAndSDKs/RadeonProRenderBlenderAddon · GitHub 

Or here's some general changes:

New features

• Added viewport shading panel to rendered mode of viewport
  • Addes support for “Multiply Add” in Math node (thanks to user cmdrf for contribution)
  • Support for “Mute Node” with M key in shader editor
  • Support for “Local Mode” with / key in viewport
  • Object Info node is supported in Full mode
  • Default adaptive tile size is increased to 32 for adaptive rendering.  This gives better results when rendering with multiple GPUs
  • A new setting in Viewport Sampling is added “Samples per Second”.  The default being 15.  This is roughly analogous to “Frames per second”.  The viewport render resolution will be adjusted while rendering to try and maintain this interactivity.  There is also a “Minimum viewport resolution” setting which will limit resolution downscaling.  For users with high resolution displays, this adaptive resolution can maintain a much better viewport experience.

Fixed issues

• Physical Light normalization was not taking transform scaling into account
  • Exporting .rpr file was not using scene camera property
  • Backplate images were not working in viewport renders
  • Issue with image texture gamma correction in hybrid modes
  • Pixel filter settings were not exported to .rpr file
  • CPU rendering was not selectable in UI with RPR 2.0 enabled
  • Rendering animations could cause a memory leak and eventually crash
  • Exporting .rpr files could be slow with many textures in Blender 2.83
  • Scene sync and render times are logged to the console
  • AOV names in config.json file exported with .rpr were slightly different than expected
  • When using collections of objects with the same name there could be a name collision leading to some objects not being rendered
  • Sometime switching from object to edit mode in the viewport could lose an object’s UVs
  • Mapping node transformations were off, in particular, combinations of transforms and rotations only took into account Z
  • “Generated” UV in Texture Coordinate mode was incorrect
  • Scale and sin, cos, tan functions in the vector math node were not supported.

OSX

Ubuntu

Windows

Please post issues/reaction here.

Thank you!

0 Likes